Weight Loss and Healthy Living #2 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If you search for low-calorie meals online there are lots of websites that have recipes. Getting an idea of how many calories you need for your body to tick over, just keeping you alive is a start, then you can see how many to cut back each day to create a deficit. If you use this website you can put in your height, weight, age and sex and it tells you that answer. https://tdeecalculator.net/ Not sure where you are in the world to know what cookery measurements you use, I'm in the UK so use grammes, https://www.cookinglight.com/food/recipe-finder/400-calorie-dinners
There are some meal plans on this website to get you started. https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/health/diet-nutrition/g4351/1200-calorie-diet-plan/ Good luck with it.
Thank you. I have two stone to lose to feel good and three if I was being overly optimistic. i really appreciate your help because I am clueless.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
where do you get the meal plan inspiration from?

Thank you to everyone who replied. I had my feelings they were rip offs, but I also need some guidance. I’ve always managed to get away with what I eat. Not so much anymore.
I usually just have a quick google of low cal meals and adapt meals to suit my family (I have 2 young kids going through their “fussy” stage so have to adapt to fit all or I’d be cooking forever!). BBC good food have some good ones. Also i just look at tiktok recipes or on Instagram. My partner is a chef luckily so he always has lots of meal inspiration and can basically make a really nice meal out of anything 😅 I’m the opposite I’m terrible at coming up with anything! X

Thank you to everyone who replied. I had my feelings they were rip offs, but I also need some guidance. I’ve always managed to get away with what I eat. Not so much anymore.
I really like the recipes on Taste, there's a huge variety - this is the collection with nutrition information provided - 22,000 but it is Australian so it's in kilojoules instead of calories (1000kj = 240 kcal).

The ingredients don't always work for English supermarkets either. The website recently informed me that Kangaroo mince is a lot cheaper to buy than beef mince!

Reactions: 2
I can’t believe how I feel after yesterday’s day off/indulgence.. absolutely awful 😒😒 so sluggish, didn’t eat anything until lunchtime, still got a gurgling tummy. My body is not thanking me.. I’ll have to remember this next time I’m craving something! Feel better now after eating some good stuff for lunch though. I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD BE THIS ANNOYING PERSON BUT HERE I AM 🤦🏻‍♀️😂

ETA - I think in future I need to keep it to a treat meal, not a treat meal, plus a take away sandwich, handful of crisps and cake for lunch, plus a prosecco and Percy pigs after my takeaway 🤦🏻‍♀️

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Thank you. I have two stone to lose to feel good and three if I was being overly optimistic. i really appreciate your help because I am clueless.
Maybe just start small, cut out snacks and only eat at mealtimes, do that for a week, then maybe look at portion sizes, that sort of thing. You can go through the threads in here, there are two relating to weight loss, and if you click top right on 'most liked posts' you'll get the most liked on top and you can then quickly read through the threads as there is some great advice in here. One post that stuck out for me was this one, https://tattle.life/threads/weight-...-2-tattlers-transformation.13997/post-3827791

I get most of mine from Instagram!! I have a weigh loss account and the community on there is fab. I just bookmark posts as I see them then have a scroll through as I make my meal plan. I’m sure if you search for certain hashtags on there then you’ll find loads!

Well, the New 5:2 lasted all of six hours. I don't know what drives it but whenever I try and calorie count (or other form of diet) my brain becomes obsessed with finding comforting junk food, I think it's psychological. Then when I fall off-plan I know it's only a matter of time before I have to be on plan again so binge. I honestly think I'll eat fewer calories longer-term when I don't track and don't have the guilt of past and future failures hanging over me.

There's a spare room here that none of my housemates use so I'm moving my exercise equipment into it (I live on the first floor and the floorboards are too weak to exercise on) and I've been finding recipes that look really nice (and are mostly good calorie wise) and I'm just going to take a step back for a while - no calorie counting, no diet plan, no restriction, not eating good foods and bad foods, just being neutral.

I'm going to exercise because I honestly enjoy exercising, I'm going to go for my walks because I really do enjoy them (thankfully the ice has retreated now), I'm going to eat nice food because it tastes nice, and learn to cook new things because I find cooking fascinating and I'm going to continue working on my mental health so that I don't feel the need to eat non-stop.

I'll still be weighing myself though but only once a week. If I start gaining weight I'll need to have an intervention with myself. I'll still be posting here for accountability but I'm 34 and I've been on a 'diet' non-stop since I was 13 and I think I just need to stop it for a while and stop constantly being so hard on myself.
Feeling similarly myself, restrictions of any kind just do not work for me. Focusing on exercising a healthy amount and eating what makes you feel your best is a great way to reset. Sending hugs xx

Hmmm...interesting...

I've put on a different pair of bottoms this morning because I CBA to dig out the various pairs of leggings I've bought recently from the clean washing pile.

They seem to have stretched in the wash to the extent of being baggy.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
First day back into a routine. Didn’t sleep the best but took the dog for a walk at lunch and also after dinner for 20. I had wanted to do some exercise after dinner but my guosto took forever tonight!
tomorrow going to try getting up earlier better night sleep pending and aim for more steps
Any tips for getting back into routine and not continuously falling off the wagon?

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Went on an hour walk today and I’ve stuck to plan. Feel so good after a day off at the weekend!! Hoping it continues so I can at least maintain or get a pound off on Friday😅

Reactions: 9
Hi, been directed here from the Lent thread!

I need to loose two stone, had lost one stone in Lockdown 1, but started to creep back in Lockdown 2, Lockdown 3, I hate and the stone back on.

Copied this across from the Lent thread from my post, not sure if this has been already mentioned on here, I did not know it, so am just going to do this.

'I am reading Dr Chatterjee's book.

Really interesting bit on insulin release and non fat store releasing.

Every time you eat, it spikes your insulin, this in turn sends a message to your fat store not to release fat.

Therefore only eat three meals a day and no snacking what so ever' So just eat what you need in one go within the three meals.

Last day for me to 'eat and not exercise' snow really put me off. Back to C25K tomorrow, again!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Just had to share my breakfast this morning 🤣 I’m awful for just having a slice of toast then being hungry and hour later so thought I’d make a proper breakfast today. My first time having baked oats 😍😍😍 topped with a kids milkybar (65kcal), biscoff spread which I burnt when melting lol (87kal) and a banana. Absolute lush. Basically like cake for breakfast!

Attachments

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Just had to share my breakfast this morning 🤣 I’m awful for just having a slice of toast then being hungry and hour later so thought I’d make a proper breakfast today. My first time having baked oats 😍😍😍 topped with a kids milkybar (65kcal), biscoff spread which I burnt when melting lol (87kal) and a banana. Absolute lush. Basically like cake for breakfast!
That looks amazing!! Does it take long? I always have overnight oats as I’m usually starving when I wake up and just need to grab something but I am jealous when I see things like this

• Heart
That looks amazing!! Does it take long? I always have overnight oats as I’m usually starving when I wake up and just need to grab something but I am jealous when I see things like this
20-25 mins in the oven! I just put the ingredients into my blender to mix so literally took 5 mins to prep. So worth it if it means I’m not going to be hungry all morning now. Obviously higher calorie than some toast but cuts the snacks so probably works out less in the long run. And would be lower kcal than it is without the chocolate😅😂😂

• Heart
Me too! Do you reckon we could use our overnight oat mixture and bake it? I thought about baking a scoop of it to see if it would bake like cookie dough.. it could go very wrong though 🤔😂
Hi, been directed here from the Lent thread!

I need to loose two stone, had lost one stone in Lockdown 1, but started to creep back in Lockdown 2, Lockdown 3, I hate and the stone back on.

Copied this across from the Lent thread from my post, not sure if this has been already mentioned on here, I did not know it, so am just going to do this.

'I am reading Dr Chatterjee's book.

Really interesting bit on insulin release and non fat store releasing.

Every time you eat, it spikes your insulin, this in turn sends a message to your fat store not to release fat.

Therefore only eat three meals a day and no snacking what so ever' So just eat what you need in one go within the three meals.

Last day for me to 'eat and not exercise' snow really put me off. Back to C25K tomorrow, again!
Welcome!!! It’s so annoying when the weather thwarts your exercise plans isn’t it? 🤦🏻‍♀️ Interesting about not snacking, I’ve been trying to just have three meals and I do feel less up and down throughout the day.

Reactions: 1
What a difference walking with a friend! Grabbed a tea from costa then went for a brisk walk around our town, 8 miles later!!
Glad that all i have planned this pm is going round my mums,sitting omy bum drinking lots of tea!😉

Reactions: 7
Question for any long term nutracheckers - do you lose the weight the app says you will if you stick to the cals it gives you?
I’ve just rearranged our wedding so I have 20 weeks, I want to lose about a stone. Before Christmas I was doing MFP and eating 1200 cals a week and losing 1 lb even though MFP said that would be a 2 lb loss.
I’ve set Nutracheck to 1 lb and it says closer to 1600! At the moment I have a lot on and I can’t stick to 1200 so I am definitely going to increase my cals but I’m a bit worried that if I was only losing 1 lb on 1200 I won’t lose anything on 1600. I’ve worked out my TDEE etc again and I’m still not really sure.
So, any experiences? Do you lose what Nutracheck says you will if you eat the cals it allows you? Thanks!!

Question for any long term nutracheckers - do you lose the weight the app says you will if you stick to the cals it gives you?
I’ve just rearranged our wedding so I have 20 weeks, I want to lose about a stone. Before Christmas I was doing MFP and eating 1200 cals a week and losing 1 lb even though MFP said that would be a 2 lb loss.
I’ve set Nutracheck to 1 lb and it says closer to 1600! At the moment I have a lot on and I can’t stick to 1200 so I am definitely going to increase my cals but I’m a bit worried that if I was only losing 1 lb on 1200 I won’t lose anything on 1600. I’ve worked out my TDEE etc again and I’m still not really sure.
So, any experiences? Do you lose what Nutracheck says you will if you eat the cals it allows you? Thanks!!
Use a TDEE calculator. MFP is notorious for giving a too low calorie allowance. It could be that you were only losing 1lb because you were under eating and so your body was storing more fat. Although, 1lb a week is a great, sustainable loss. But definitely use an online calculator and then adjust the calories in the app accordingly rather than going on what they recommend.

Use a TDEE calculator. MFP is notorious for giving a too low calorie allowance. It could be that you were only losing 1lb because you were under eating and so your body was storing more fat. Although, 1lb a week is a great, sustainable loss. But definitely use an online calculator and then adjust the calories in the app accordingly rather than going on what they recommend.
I did this earlier and got different readings :( v confused now. I would love to eat 1500 and lose 1 lb but losing that same amount when I ate 1200 makes me think it’s not possible. Just wondering if Nutracheck’s calculation is accurate!

I did this earlier and got different readings :( v confused now. I would love to eat 1500 and lose 1 lb but losing that same amount when I ate 1200 makes me think it’s not possible. Just wondering if Nutracheck’s calculation is accurate!
I get the same with Nutracheck, with a TDEE calculator it is around 1500 but on Nutracheck it is closer to 1700 (1666) so I tend to stick around the middle at 1600. I’ve lost weight eating both amounts and probably more sticking closer to 1600 so just have a play around with it I think. 1200 is just too little and is totally not sustainable especially if you’re busy. How exciting that your wedding is so soon! 😍

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.