Weight Loss and Healthy Living #2 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I lost just over 3lbs this week which means in 5 weeks I’m just shy of 13lbs. Hopefully next week I’ll get over a stones loss. A long way to go but it’s going in the right direction.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Hi all new to the thread, so happy I found it though as I am staring again today in trying to lose weight (although I have been saying this everyday for the past year).
I'm shaking as I write this as I am so ashamed of my weight but i'm going to take a deep breath and be brave........I have weighed myself today and I am 16st 4lbs. I feel and look awful and I am struggling to keep up with my very energetic 4 year old son. I have a pretty terrible relationship with food (always have done), and I am a binge-eater, it used to be once or twice a week- but now it is everyday and I can't handle feeling like this anymore. I am a single mum and am terrified that If I carry on like this I won't be around for much longer and my son will be left on his own, (it keeps me up at night).
So i'm starting again today and hoping that you lovely bunch will be able to give me any advice that you have.
I find that not having high calorie snacks and food in thr home really helps... Basically if you haven't got it you can't eat it..... And preparation...... Take one day a week to write out your weekly "menu" even if it's beans on toast, write it down and stick to the menu. The fact you're here means you're doing something for yourself. Welcome!! We're all here for the same reason 😊

Reactions: 7
I gained 2 lbs this week 😬 I’m getting fed up with myself now, struggling so much. This lockdown is hitting me hard now I think, I have zero motivation to do anything but least of all exercise and eating well. I’m up 2.5 from my lowest weight now, which when I write it doesn’t sound a lot but it feels a lot? And feeling bad makes it hard to get back on track. I will keep trying to get back on track though as what else can I do! Reading all of your progress is inspiring me to try harder 👏🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I gained 2 lbs this week 😬 I’m getting fed up with myself now, struggling so much. This lockdown is hitting me hard now I think, I have zero motivation to do anything but least of all exercise and eating well. I’m up 2.5 from my lowest weight now, which when I write it doesn’t sound a lot but it feels a lot? And feeling bad makes it hard to get back on track. I will keep trying to get back on track though as what else can I do! Reading all of your progress is inspiring me to try harder 👏🏻
Just remember it isn’t a straight line, there will always be fluctuations. I’m not sure if anyone has ever just consistently lost weight without any little fluctuations upwards on their journey. I know it’s bloody frustrating though send very demoralising. Just don’t give up, this is just a blip now and it will pass X

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Hi all new to the thread, so happy I found it though as I am staring again today in trying to lose weight (although I have been saying this everyday for the past year).
I'm shaking as I write this as I am so ashamed of my weight but i'm going to take a deep breath and be brave........I have weighed myself today and I am 16st 4lbs. I feel and look awful and I am struggling to keep up with my very energetic 4 year old son. I have a pretty terrible relationship with food (always have done), and I am a binge-eater, it used to be once or twice a week- but now it is everyday and I can't handle feeling like this anymore. I am a single mum and am terrified that If I carry on like this I won't be around for much longer and my son will be left on his own, (it keeps me up at night).
So i'm starting again today and hoping that you lovely bunch will be able to give me any advice that you have.
This is a great thread for support, we're all doing our best in our own way so don't be ashamed and never feel like you need to hide things if you want to share. Good luck, you can do this!

Reactions: 2
Just remember it isn’t a straight line, there will always be fluctuations. I’m not sure if anyone has ever just consistently lost weight without any little fluctuations upwards on their journey. I know it’s bloody frustrating though send very demoralising. Just don’t give up, this is just a blip now and it will pass X
Thank you lovely. You’re so right.
I’ve eaten ok today and going for a walk, then going to scope out the Courtney Black app later. Might start the booty challenge 😂

• Heart
So 3/4 lb off this week, but have shifted an inch off both my hips and waist since January, i over eat on a saturday every week as hubby always gets us a treat! But the following week I try and pull it back by sticking more to my calorie limit and up the walking!
Had hubby as a walking buddy this morning but he doesn’t like to walk as far as me, changed my route a bit so sneaked up to 3 miles when normally we barely manage 2 miles, increasing his stamina a week at a time!

• Heart
I find that not having high calorie snacks and food in thr home really helps... Basically if you haven't got it you can't eat it..... And preparation...... Take one day a week to write out your weekly "menu" even if it's beans on toast, write it down and stick to the menu. The fact you're here means you're doing something for yourself. Welcome!! We're all here for the same reason 😊
I agree with this completely. I started this week and am using My Fitness Pal (because it's free) to log what I am eating. I'm currently on day 6. I am not expecting a huge loss this coming Monday but one of the biggest non-scales victories has been sleeping so much better, no longer waking up in the middle of the night. That was from day 1, with no heartburn or bloating either, which was a constant. If it is in the house I'll eat it, so keeping it out of the house and in the shops has helped a lot. I made a list of what meals I planned to have this week, then a shopping list and stuck to it. Normally I nip in and out of the shops during the week, sometimes every day and it was too tempting to buy extras while I was there. I haven't done any top-up shopping at all, which has saved me money and stopped me from buying just another chocolate bar. I would advise you @mamanoodle to use an app to log your calories. This website will tell you what calories your body needs just to tick over and you can see how much you need to cut back by to lose weight https://tdeecalculator.net/ and plan your week. Good luck with it, there are so many knowledgeable people here that can help you.

Reactions: 3
Calculated my BMR and TDEE 3 weeks ago. Im down 9 pounds. Im 5 ft 11 so its noticeable already.
11 pounds down. Sticking to calories 5 days a week. 2 I deffo go over. Most of it is healthy and I have atm 2 or 3 treats a week. Ben and Jerrys mainly lol

So 3/4 lb off this week, but have shifted an inch off both my hips and waist since January, i over eat on a saturday every week as hubby always gets us a treat! But the following week I try and pull it back by sticking more to my calorie limit and up the walking!
Had hubby as a walking buddy this morning but he doesn’t like to walk as far as me, changed my route a bit so sneaked up to 3 miles when normally we barely manage 2 miles, increasing his stamina a week at a time!
Fair play. Love walking with my sister! We go further as we don't stop chatting !

• Heart
Ok I’m not a fan of the Courtney Black app. Too many weird dances, plus she moves too fast for me - explaining like 3 exercises at one time, I can’t remember them all! Anyway I have her book which I do really like so I’m going to just choose say 4 of the arm exercises and do 4 sets of 12 reps each or whatever.
My partner found some photos of me at my highest weight (approx 20 lbs heavier) today and omg, I was horrified by my face. Isn’t it weird how weight changes your features? I look like a different person and I was still only a size 12-14 then. Has definitely spurred me to get back on track though 😳

Reactions: 7
Hope everyone is doing okay, well done on your losses! And to anyone that maintained their weight or gained, it's a lifestyle change and weight always fluctuates for many reasons! Don't beat yourself up, don't restrict yourself and keep going!🥰

I'm now into my target weight bracket, 5lbs lost this year, 8lbs to lose to get to my target weight! It's been a long journey (I started January 2020) and I'm so determined to keep going. I've gone over my calories today because lockdown is making me sad and I'm fed up of not seeing my boyfriend😂 so I had some chocolate and it's certainly cheered me up a bit🤭

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Ok I’m not a fan of the Courtney Black app. Too many weird dances, plus she moves too fast for me - explaining like 3 exercises at one time, I can’t remember them all! Anyway I have her book which I do really like so I’m going to just choose say 4 of the arm exercises and do 4 sets of 12 reps each or whatever.
My partner found some photos of me at my highest weight (approx 20 lbs heavier) today and omg, I was horrified by my face. Isn’t it weird how weight changes your features? I look like a different person and I was still only a size 12-14 then. Has definitely spurred me to get back on track though 😳
Highest weight was 20 stone in 2019 from an ED but puffiness has only gone down now !!! My face looks SO different the past few weeks thank God !
Im tall so at 20 stone I was only size 20 but I'm hourglass too thank christ 😂😂
Im just taking it pound by pound. I weighed myself today and I'm now 12 pounds down. 30 pounds lost since Jan 2020. I lost 18 last year from no effort so this year is time to get my tit together!!

Hope everyone is doing okay, well done on your losses! And to anyone that maintained their weight or gained, it's a lifestyle change and weight always fluctuates for many reasons! Don't beat yourself up, don't restrict yourself and keep going!🥰

I'm now into my target weight bracket, 5lbs lost this year, 8lbs to lose to get to my target weight! It's been a long journey (I started January 2020) and I'm so determined to keep going. I've gone over my calories today because lockdown is making me sad and I'm fed up of not seeing my boyfriend😂 so I had some chocolate and it's certainly cheered me up a bit🤭
Wow how exciting to be so close to your goal !!!

Reactions: 9
Can't remember what I looked like at my lowest weight but yes to this! My arms are the thing that throws me off the most, I can't believe how different my posture is when I am lighter

Reactions: 5
Can't remember what I looked like at my lowest weight but yes to this! My arms are the thing that throws me off the most, I can't believe how different my posture is when I am lighter
I've had a weird pain in my right knee for ages and I've just realised this week it's gone. I think for me it is inflammation, plus I have pretty much had nothing with added sugar, only natural from fruits, veg or when those pesky carbs convert to sugar. As much as it is a pain in the arse to watch exactly what I eat, the pay off apart from weight loss is enormous. I just need to keep it in my head that this way of eating is much better for me, no junk food, no sugar.

• Heart
Has anyone used Apple fitness for work outs? HIIT and strength ones in particular. Thinking of signing up it is 10 euro a month. Just wanna make sure they aren’t useless tbh!

Re-joining again after I fell down a dark mental health hole mid January. Really struggling for motivation for anything in this lockdown so I’ll be commenting here daily for accountability

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Re-joining again after I fell down a dark mental health hole mid January. Really struggling for motivation for anything in this lockdown so I’ll be commenting here daily for accountability
Only do you what you can do chicken ⚘⚘⚘❤ One day at a time ❤

Has anyone used Apple fitness for work outs? HIIT and strength ones in particular. Thinking of signing up it is 10 euro a month. Just wanna make sure they aren’t useless tbh!
Im just doing pop pilates, tone it up, chloe ting videos !! Joe Wicks is free too, have you tried free ones before ?

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Hope everyone else has had a nice valentines weekend 💖 I have gone majorly over my calories these past couple of days but enjoyed every bite! Back on it tomorrow 💪🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 9
The walking challenge my work are running starts tomorrow so hoping that’ll motivate me to get out on some more walks as I don’t want everyone to think I’m a lazy sod 🤣🤣 had an off plan day today with it being valentines (my boyfriend and I don’t live together so ordered each other a takeaway of choice and had a FT date evening🤣). Feeling veryyyyy full so looking forward to getting back on it tomorrow and not being so bloated!! Don’t know how I ever lived with this bloat all the time, it makes me feel sick now 😂

Reactions: 6
Put on weight this morning and it tipped me right over the edge and I’ve been stuffing my face all day 🤦‍♀️ Really not good, but tomorrow is a new day!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.