Weight Loss advice

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My SIL has been a SW devotee for years now, and she looked amazing when she first did it for her wedding. But what I’ve noticed is she keeps going on and off on SW, and my own concern is a for diet that people keep going back to it can’t have been that effective in the first place? Plus as an Asian woman the unlimited carbs can’t be good if you’re genetically predisposed to diabetes.

I’m not saying the meal replacement diet I’m on is the best way, but it has come at a time where I’ve got to make changes to not only lose weight but work on my emotional eating, reverse my pre-diabetes levels, and also hopefully get rid of all the stress hormones from the burnout breakdowns I’ve had in the last five years.

Reactions: 2
This may be a silly question but this one genuinely baffles me as there seems to be mixed answers or no straight answer... Is the diabetes you normally develop when obese (type 2?) reversible if you stick to dieting and exercise?

Reactions: 1
This may be a silly question but this one genuinely baffles me as there seems to be mixed answers or no straight answer... Is the diabetes you normally develop when obese (type 2?) reversible if you stick to dieting and exercise?
yes in some cases. I don’t think it’s a blanket rule though so not everyone will be able to reverse it just through diet & exercise.

Who is TC?
Sorry, haven't been on this thread much.

Tilly Cutler - she's on Instagram and I wasn't sure if she'd enough followers to be mentioned on Tattle.
It seems like all Tilly has to do is think about a diet and she looks amazing! She has the strongest willpower ever!!

I’ve been using my fitness pal and lost 4lbs in first week with sticking to calories and going for a walk a day! If it rains I’ve been doing the “happy mile” on YouTube! I think it really makes me think about what I can/can’t eat or more of when I’m actually hungry!!!

Reactions: 3
Hi, I've just come across this thread and reading the posts has definitely helped already, so thanks everyone!!

I am an ex SWer (lost 3stone on and off over the last 8 years) but I've now put on so much weight I am the heaviest I've ever been and just feeling so down and uncomfortable, hate how I look in everything and don't like having any photos taken of me, my plan was to lose weight during lockdown as my BMI is high and I had to self isolate for 12 weeks works orders which was so embarrassing :(

I need to lose the weight I know I do, I'm a size 18 on top and 20 on bottom and hate it, before my biggest was a 16 so I feel like I've hit rock bottom now. I used to love going to spinning classes and the gym but now I feel too embarrassed to even be seen in gym gear as I am so unfit it's tough.

I have started calorie counting and have lost 8lbs but I'm struggling with meal ideas, sorry for this being such a long post but I'm hoping some of you could offer some advice as to what your favourite meals are please? Anything would be a help from breakfast, lunch and dinner! I don't have access to a kitchen in work as I am out and about every day so that's where I struggle too, it's so hard!

Once again, sorry for the longest post ever but I'm a girl who's desperately in need of a helping hand :)

Ok so in my heart of hearts I no there is no fast answer but interested to no which weight loosing ways worked for you? Since lockdown I have gained two stone , I feel disgusting and won’t leave the house for fear of people seeing me , any help is much appreciated
The ONLY way to lose weight is to eat fewer calories that you burn. That is the law of thermodynamics. Whether that be through a ‘diet’ that unbeknown you puts you in a calorie deficit, or by actually counting the calories (using an app, maybe) Or upping your exercise, the best way is one that you can stick to, but if you are not burning more calories than you are eating you will NEVER lose weight, no matter what method you use.

Reactions: 6
The ONLY way to lose weight is to eat fewer calories that you burn. That is the law of thermodynamics. Whether that be through a ‘diet’ that unbeknown you puts you in a calorie deficit, or by actually counting the calories (using an app, maybe) Or upping your exercise, the best way is one that you can stick to, but if you are not burning more calories than you are eating you will NEVER lose weight, no matter what method you use.
All of the above.

For my real meal I’m trying to take a ‘keto’ approach, so that’s proteins - usually salmon or chicken - and keto friendly veg. I found lots of good recipes and infographics on Pinterest that I will be going for when I am off meal replacements.

Oh crap. I thought this was a general weight loss thread but it’s also tagged SW. Sorry for any confusion from my posts 🤦‍♀️

I tend to do intermittent fasting most days which works for me because I’m a real evening eater so I tend to save my calories for the evening. I find this helps me a lot because I always have enough to have a nice dinner and chocolate bar or dessert after!
I have a good collection of lower calorie crisps and chocolate bits that I stick to so I can still have treats but just lower calorie ones. Crisps like pom bears, RingOs, space raiders these are all less than 70 calories. Then little chocolate bars like freddo, curlywurlys Or alpen bars they are all less than 120 calories.
Another good one is Hartley sugar free jelly. You can make the whole sachet and it’s only 36 calories. Have a little bit of lower calorie ice cream (or a portion of normal ice cream) is a nice dessert.
I’ve lost half a stone now in about 3 weeks and am happy with the progress. Got another stone to lose to get back to where I was last year.

I tend to do intermittent fasting most days which works for me because I’m a real evening eater so I tend to save my calories for the evening. I find this helps me a lot because I always have enough to have a nice dinner and chocolate bar or dessert after!
I have a good collection of lower calorie crisps and chocolate bits that I stick to so I can still have treats but just lower calorie ones. Crisps like pom bears, RingOs, space raiders these are all less than 70 calories. Then little chocolate bars like freddo, curlywurlys Or alpen bars they are all less than 120 calories.
Another good one is Hartley sugar free jelly. You can make the whole sachet and it’s only 36 calories. Have a little bit of lower calorie ice cream (or a portion of normal ice cream) is a nice dessert.
I’ve lost half a stone now in about 3 weeks and am happy with the progress. Got another stone to lose to get back to where I was last year.
Agree with this! Bags of toffee Popcorn are like 100 cal make A nice treat too and Aldi do a really nice dark chocolate and salted caramel bar (set of 5 mini ) for 135 calories which I put in the fridge so it takes longer to eat! I have put curly wurly in the freezer before so they are like ice cream too! X

Hi, I've just come across this thread and reading the posts has definitely helped already, so thanks everyone!!

I am an ex SWer (lost 3stone on and off over the last 8 years) but I've now put on so much weight I am the heaviest I've ever been and just feeling so down and uncomfortable, hate how I look in everything and don't like having any photos taken of me, my plan was to lose weight during lockdown as my BMI is high and I had to self isolate for 12 weeks works orders which was so embarrassing :(

I need to lose the weight I know I do, I'm a size 18 on top and 20 on bottom and hate it, before my biggest was a 16 so I feel like I've hit rock bottom now. I used to love going to spinning classes and the gym but now I feel too embarrassed to even be seen in gym gear as I am so unfit it's tough.

I have started calorie counting and have lost 8lbs but I'm struggling with meal ideas, sorry for this being such a long post but I'm hoping some of you could offer some advice as to what your favourite meals are please? Anything would be a help from breakfast, lunch and dinner! I don't have access to a kitchen in work as I am out and about every day so that's where I struggle too, it's so hard!

Once again, sorry for the longest post ever but I'm a girl who's desperately in need of a helping hand :)
Ah I’ve been here... still kind of here. If you’ve done sw before maybe look there for meal ideas. I know people don’t like sw but I do find some of their main meals really nice it’s just the whole synning healthy stuff etc. I always found I’d save my syns and eat them at night even if I wasn’t hungry. But I do still eat lots if their meals because I do enjoy them.
I had baby no 3 in March. I lost initial baby weight then with lockdown I started to regain weight so I had to put a stop to it. I’ve lost 15 pounds but still have another 15 to go. My problem is I’m an emotional eater. I’ve really noticed it. When I’m struggling with lockdown I eat. With the children not being at school I’ve not been able to do my usual self care things. I just want this 15 pounds gone... even then I’m still overweight but I feel comfortable at that weight.

First time poster, i am about to start Exante. I have had meal replacement shakes before and enjoyed them but now looking to have a diet structured round the shakes. If i was having 2 shakes (breakie and lunch) is a salad a good choice of dinner? Also for snacks, are fruits okay? Namely strawberries grapes melon and apple?
want to give this a good focus as I think it would work for me

First time poster, i am about to start Exante. I have had meal replacement shakes before and enjoyed them but now looking to have a diet structured round the shakes. If i was having 2 shakes (breakie and lunch) is a salad a good choice of dinner? Also for snacks, are fruits okay? Namely strawberries grapes melon and apple?
Not ever tried exante before but my only comment from a general perspective is I wouldn't have grapes. They are incredibly high in sugars (one of the worst) and so calorie wise will be higher. The strawberries and melon are great. Apple is ok.
I would try some veggies for snacks too as lower sugars so less likely to cause you to have insulin spikes which being type 1 diabetic I can say more insulin your body releases the hungrier you become.

I've been doing Im for a while now and though people tell me I've lost I dont see it. But yesterday I managed to put on and do up two pairs of shorts that I could just get past my hips but no way of doing up with in April. It's a slow way to.do it but I don't feel like Im depriving myself and I'm losing something

I didn’t think you were mean to have any snacks? The idea of shakes plans is to achieve ketosis and fruit will take you out of that because of the carbs in them.

Look up James Smith. He’s brilliant and talks total sense. Very straight talking but makes it simple.

Did you get an ebook via email? It lists what you can and can’t have and to be honest it’s not very clear on how to incorporate permitted foods and it didn’t include any fruit. The 800 plan is 3 meal replacements plus a meal of a protein consisting 200 calories. The book goes on to list permitted veg and condiments but doesn’t actually say how to incorporate these - surely they take you over 800 calories?! I’m on my 7th week and began with 3 meal replacements, and meal with protein such as eggs, salmon or chicken then some salad or veg based on their ebook. Has worked so far, am down 13lbs. About halfway through I dropped down to 2 meal replacements and a meal, I would say start with 3 to begin with so it’s not too much of a shock. And don’t forget plenty of water! Good luck 👍🏽

Has anyone on BC particularly the implant find they lost weight when they came off it?
I had the implant for 8 years, was hoping that was the cause of my weight but unfortunately it wasn’t, I didn’t lose anything after coming off :cry: I’m going back on it soon

• Sad
Just starting meal replacement shakes here too (I’ve got some packs of the Myprotein ones as they had a big sale but will likely go to exante when I get paid.

i thought probably easier to start during a heatwave when my appetite is gone anyway and get the first few tough days done (not sure that’s good logic but hopefully it is!)

got shedloads to lose so will be at it a while. Kind of following what the Newcastle diet guy was saying in The Times last week (maybe what that lose a stone in 21 days is? Don’t know though as didn’t watch that)