Weight Loss advice

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can't do eating when I'm hungry I feel ravenous all the time I think I need hypnosis or CBT. Or a gastric band real or hypnotic ...anyone experience of any of this cost wise and how to go about. Private or gp referral
You need a shock to the system

Reactions: 1
Finally got my arse in gear. Lost 5 pounds in the past two weeks which I’m happy with. Got a stone to go to get back to where I was 6 months ago. Now I’m in the zone of eating less it’s easier, those first few days are so hard!!!!
Im absolutely desperate for a maccies though 😂
Seriously. I might have nicked 6 of my daughters maccies fries this week and paid for it with a headache after. I’ve really gone all in so any time I deviate even just a little bit I feel the effect of it 😬 I’m also doing this to try and reverse pre-diabetes and just get a whole lot better on the inside. ♥

Reactions: 2
I was furloughed at the start of lockdown and was proactive in completing couch to 5k, calorie deficit and being in routine. Crash walloped back into a shitload of work to be completed after furlough, comfort and binge ate and now I’m a stone and 10lbs heavier. Ive kept at it this week and I’m noticing small changes already. I’ve finally got myself into the mindset and I genuinely think once your mindset is there, the rest comes in hand!

Reactions: 5
Anyone tried any appetite suppressants that actually work? I’m managing to stop snacking but I am getting very hungry at the end of the day when my belly is wondering where it’s 8pm snack is :ROFLMAO: I’ve tried drinking lemon water or just having chewing gum but it makes it worse!

Anyone tried any appetite suppressants that actually work? I’m managing to stop snacking but I am getting very hungry at the end of the day when my belly is wondering where it’s 8pm snack is :ROFLMAO: I’ve tried drinking lemon water or just having chewing gum but it makes it worse!
I have a cup of tea around 8pm every night and I find it gets rid of my food cravings - I've never used a suppressant though sorry

My protein make a diet aid. Think you take 2 a day and they do actually work.

chewing gum makes it worse because your stomach prepares for food as it thinks you’re going to swallow something

Reactions: 3
if it’s genuine hunger then honestly, have a little snack. An apple or something? It’ll be enough to stop the hunger and satisfy you. Something really small won’t hurt and you won’t have to suffer the hunger pangs.

Reactions: 3
I agree! Associating guilt and restriction with food doesn't really help in the long run.

What I've found helpful was to keep a sugar free beverage nearby and keep sipping to keep my mouth busy. Chewing gum makes me nauseaus so I can't do that but while breaking the habit of constant snacking, I've found sparkling mineral water and hot/cold tea depending on the season (green tea sometimes, black tea most of the time) helpful.

Cutting sugary drinks at meal times was a big help. Sugary drinks, especially sodas make me eat more than I normally would. I enjoy the sweetness cutting through the savoury taste of food and without knowing, I eat until I finish my drink (especially if there is a big sharing portion on the table) rather than eating until I'm full. I also suggest eating enough food at meal times and having a true meal instead of munching on something that will not sustain you. I guess it depends on the person but once I start snacking, I keep going. Something sweet first, something savoury to take off the sweetness, something sweet again because the salt lingers... You get the picture.

And if you've eaten a real meal and still feel hungry in between meal times, try drinking water or tea first, because you might be actually thirsty. Then if you're still hungry, there is nothing wrong with having some nuts or yogurt or a piece of fruit or a piece of cheese and bread... Whatever you fancy.

Most of the time it's the boredom or the habit that makes me want to snack rather than actual hunger, so if you can find something to distract yourself to break that twitch, it would make a big difference. I used to go on the social media to scroll a bit to distract myself from wanting a bag of crisps and in a few minutes, I'd usually be distracted. (I admit playing Sims and forgetting about all food until dinner time was helpful too, lol. Too bad I can't do that at work.)

The brain can be a petulant child wanting its fix but it's good practice learning to ignore its temper tantrums.

Hi, does anyone have any tips for starting a calorie deficit diet ? Are there any good apps to help figure how many calories etc ?
Thank you

Hi, does anyone have any tips for starting a calorie deficit diet ? Are there any good apps to help figure how many calories etc ?
Thank you
I use an app called Nutracheck. It's similar to myfitnesspal but I find it a lot more user friendly.