Wedding planning #2 sponsored by our opinionated MILs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can anyone confirm that I don’t need to get a marriage license or give notice because our wedding is in a church?? Someone said to me yesterday that I do but I’ve not read anywhere that I do need to because it’s in a church but now I’m worried wedding is in 7 weeks 😰

Can anyone confirm that I don’t need to get a marriage license or give notice because our wedding is in a church?? Someone said to me yesterday that I do but I’ve not read anywhere that I do need to because it’s in a church but now I’m worried wedding is in 7 weeks 😰
As far as I know, you’re correct.. you have to have your banns read(?) or something like that

Reactions: 1
Yes as above, just your banns reading is all you need.

That’s a shame. The bride one is lovely. An you exchange?
I messaged one of the bridesmaids and asked was they still able to exchange it as white goes more with my theme for the weekend. Luckily, it hadn’t been 30 days so they did it, no problem! My SIL seen right through me with it though 😂 She messaged me saying ‘what was the issue, theme? Or wifey?’

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I can understand you not liking “wifey” because I go green at the word “hubby”. I really do not like that word!🤮

Reactions: 2
I got a phone call to say that my dress has arrived in the shop!

It was only meant to arrive at the beginning of August, so it’s quite early!

It’s all getting closer 😱

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Did everyone send save the dates, or did anyone just send invites?

My reply was I don’t know 😂 It would make it cheaper but is there any real reason I’m not considering to send out save the dates first?
We're planning on sending physical save the dates to all our day guests and then we'll probably do a mix of online invites nearer the time and some physical invites for family/ older guests.

I just can't decide whether to have a veil or not.

My entourage said it finished off the dress and I guess I had always envisioned a veil.

But I don't think I can justify spending money on something I'm going to wear for only a couple of hours of the whole day and I also don't want it covering up the back as it has beautiful detail.

I just can't decide whether to have a veil or not.

My entourage said it finished off the dress and I guess I had always envisioned a veil.

But I don't think I can justify spending money on something I'm going to wear for only a couple of hours of the whole day and I also don't want it covering up the back as it has beautiful detail.
Have you tried any? You can get different lengths?

I went with a cape veil 🥰

I had a fingertip veil and loved it so much. I tried a few on when I bought my dress but couldn’t justify the money. I knew what I wanted and eventually got one I loved from a sample shop near us when they had a sale, only paid £45 in the end. I found a couple of unworn ones on Facebook marketplace that I almost bought too

I have a fingertip veil too and it finishes my dress off nicely! Have a look on shein if you don’t want to get an expensive one I’ve heard they are quite good from there

Have you tried any? You can get different lengths?

I went with a cape veil 🥰
Yes, tried some on when I went dress shopping. Shorter ones didn't look quite right and nor did a cape. Cathedral length looked the best but I'm not paying those prices. I've seen super cheap ones on Shein etc but not sure of the quality.

Someone I work with ordered one off shein and the quality wasn’t great. She also said that the colour didn’t go with the colour of her dress.

So I went dress shopping and it was super fun but I didn't find anything I loved.

I have an idea of what I want, and found an amazing lady on Etsy who can make it for me, but buying online is freaking daunting. What if I hate it when it arrives?! Not like I can send it back or get it changed!!!

My wedding is just under 10 months away. I know I have ages but I'm starting to stress. Maybe I'm being a bit too fussy!?!

Can you find a place where you could try on at least something similar so you have a better feeling if it's right for you or not?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.