Wedding planning #2 sponsored by our opinionated MILs

What has stressed you out the most in the planning process?

• Nothing at all!

Votes: 11 7.2%
  • My MIL

Votes: 26 17.0%
  • My own parents

Votes: 22 14.4%
  • My bridal party

Votes: 10 6.5%
  • The rising costs

Votes: 55 35.9%
  • Suppliers

Votes: 8 5.2%
  • All of the above!

Votes: 21 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What’s everyone wearing for their hen do? I’m trying to find a nice white dress/playsuit or something, mines in July so it will probably be warm!! I’m going to wear my denim jacket that I’m personalising too so don’t really want anything with sleeves but can’t find much I like!

Reactions: 1
What’s everyone wearing for their hen do? I’m trying to find a nice white dress/playsuit or something, mines in July so it will probably be warm!! I’m going to wear my denim jacket that I’m personalising too so don’t really want anything with sleeves but can’t find much I like!
I'm wearing a summery playsuit during the day and a white dress I found on club L London that is off the shoulder with feathers and a crown that says bride of course 😂

Reactions: 2
I keep having nightmares about the wedding (mainly just me being embarrassed by something) and now I’ve just seen a wedding fails video pop up on Facebook and like I an idiot I had to watch it to see what could go wrong 😱😂😂

I don’t understand the whole shoving peoples faces in cake thing? That’s just weird 🤣

I ordered two dresses from Zara for my bachelorette, one with long sleeves and one that is very short and open. Mine is end of june so I'll see which one I'll wear.

9492331250_6_1_1.jpg
3049724307_1_1_1.jpg

Reactions: 5
We’re sending out our save the dates soon. We’ve got a wedding website on getting married (which I need to do properly), but when do you ask people to RSVP? To the save the dates, or to the formal invitations?

We’re sending out our save the dates soon. We’ve got a wedding website on getting married (which I need to do properly), but when do you ask people to RSVP? To the save the dates, or to the formal invitations?
To the formal invites.. we didn’t really do invites as soon few guests but we’re going to a wedding in august. Save the date was sent in jan, formal invites in March, rsvp by mid April

I didn’t do save the dates, but sent Invite in January and did RSVP for end of March, weddings not til July so we could’ve left it a bit longer tbh

Were doing save the dates for the simple reason that were getting married on a Friday and know people will need to request a day off work and also were not having other peoples children attending so want to make sure everyone has more than enough notice to get a babysitter

I'm planning my own hen do and the rising costs are scaring me!! I feel bad asking people to pay

I'm planning my own hen do and the rising costs are scaring me!! I feel bad asking people to pay
I've just got back from a holiday and the same hen party was on the plane there and back! Is it normal to have a 5 day hen do!?

• Haha
Reactions: 3
My friend (who’s not even engaged) said she’s going to have her hen in Dubai! I said well I can already count myself out of that one as I won’t be able to afford it 😆😰

• Wow
I didn’t do save the dates, but sent Invite in January and did RSVP for end of March, weddings not til July so we could’ve left it a bit longer tbh
My wedding is in August and I haven’t done the invites yet. It’s a postponed covid wedding so figured everyone knows when it is 😆😆😆 if people don’t come then so be it

My (single and living at home with a very well paid job) friend said she wants us to do five nights in vegas for mine. I have a baby, house renovations and obviously the wedding itself to pay for so there’s no way I can afford anything that big! I’m hoping to do a weekend in Liverpool but even that’s going to cost enough and I don’t want people to feel like they have to spend money they don’t have/can’t afford.

Reactions: 4
My friends are organising mine for me
I've laid down simple rules (no strippers and no going abroad)
I won't know anything until the day of

I’m just doing a day of bottomless brunch and a few drinks after in Cardiff!

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.