Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Shinythings

VIP Member
Just commented on someone's wedding picture that it was a lovely photo of her and her Dad. Turns out that's her husband who is 48 (but looks about 60) and she is 23. Been together for 6 years so got together when she was 17 🤢

So that was awkward.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20

Holidaybobs

VIP Member
Well, I’m home now. I had the most magical day, I cannot begin to explain how magical it all was. I am not an emotional person at all (to the point people never know what I’m thinking) but, I kept finding myself crying throughout the day. It was so wonderful to see everything we had planned come together and to marry the loml! I’m so excited for you all that have got it coming up! I wish we could live it all over again! It’s been an exciting year, we moved into our dream home, had our dream wedding and now are starting our journey to create a family!

• Heart
Reactions: 18

Giggling Squid

VIP Member
We got our wedding photos back today, I honestly am so happy with them I could cry. I’m not a fan of having my photo taken and I was so so nervous about having a photographer…. I barely noticed he was there, but have spent the last month worrying that they be awful or I’ll hate them. I’m so relieved!

• Heart
Reactions: 17

The Devils Arse

VIP Member
So I officially got engaged at the weekend!! Even though the wedding has been mostly all planned (logistics of having family members abroad) it feels so real now!

• Heart
Reactions: 14

calmyourritas

VIP Member
I’m really happy because two people I didn’t really want to invite (bloody family politics…) have RSVPed and said they can’t come 😁😁😁 I’m a bitch

• Haha

Gossipgirl79

My wedding was last year but thought you’d all appreciate this….when doing the meal choices, someone actually wrote on the reply “I’ll have soup if it’s cold that day, but the salmon please if it’s a warm day.” 🙈 Seriously.

Lost one “friend” because I wouldn’t let her bring her 4 kids. This was Covid times so could have 100 and super strict, and she’s never spoke to me again.

• Haha
  • Wow

SugarHutHunnie

I've been married for a few years now, but I do remember my mother in law using her baby disappointed voice to lament at the lack of free parking in the town we were having our ceremony in. Apparently, not working for the council or in planning in any way, I was supposed to fix this 😂

Top tip for you brides to be - make sure the MIL gets absolutely sloshed on the day, she'll probably be much easier to deal with. Or say something like "can't wait to climb your son like a tree in a few hours" and enjoy her reaction.

• Haha
Reactions: 13

bellinibobble

VIP Member
Back from our minimoon! Not going to lie, the stress in the final weeks leading up to the wedding was unbearable at times, but we got there in the end! I think the most important thing I learned was how crucial it is to surround yourselves with the right people - not relying on family and friends (who can make things worse!) but your professionals/vendors. In the run up, my seamstress was instrumental in making me feel confident in my dress, then our car driver, reception venue staff and photographer literally made our wedding day for us, we couldn’t have asked for more from them and all of the stress has been forgotten now. My husband and I stayed with each other the night before and woke up feeling so calm and relaxed, I teared up a little during one part of my dad’s speech but other than that, nothing! Just felt so ready and excited to get married after a long wait!
Sharing a pic (trying to be semi anonymous 😊). Thank you for all your support and advice over the past few months! Hoping I can pass it forward as I’m much more informed now after going through it all 😆

Attachments

• Heart

sushimama

Chatty Member
Got my wedding dress delivered, I was worried for nothing. 🙈 It was less than two weeks late so all is good. Can't wait to finish work and run home to try it on! 😭🥺

• Heart

Holidaybobs

VIP Member
All packed ready to fly out to France tomorrow. Welcome party on Friday, wedding on Saturday, pool party on Sunday and home Monday! Can’t wait, it’s going to be the longest weekend of my life! ❤

• Heart

calmyourritas

VIP Member
If it makes you feel any better… I have 5 weeks til my wedding, I tried on my dress yesterday (for context I purchased it September 2019 for my August 2020 wedding). I had a baby a month ago so have been putting it off.

It doesn’t fit at all and I hate it.

So I now have no dress and feel so fat and shit about myself.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 12

Ups27

VIP Member
GUYS I don’t know any of you but I have looked in this thread before 😂🙈 I’ve just gotten engaged after 9 years of being with my boyfriend, he got me the perfect ring I’m so happy🥰I feel like in my head I’ve been planning my wedding for ages but now I’m engaged the thought of it is so overwhelming 🙈🙈🙈

• Heart

fudgebox

VIP Member
Hi guys, i’m not a bride-to-be, but thought this area would be the best place to ask my question. Looking for your honest opinions:

My friend invited to me to her wedding in croatia; it was a gorgeous, extravagant event but quite frankly I didnt want to go. Im single so wouldve felt a bit lonely and obviously the cost and time off work would've been a bit much. She also asked me to go to watch her try on some wedding dresses which I wouldve loved but she gave me 2 days notice and I couldnt get the day off work that soon as i’m a teacher. I promised to go to the hen do - which i did and i had a great time - and that was that.

My friend hasnt spoke to me since i told her I couldnt go to the wedding. (Apart from on her hen do where she was absolutely fine with me!). Her mum was frosty with me and her mum has since unfollowed me on insta and facebook + my friend has not spoke to me since the hen do 3 months ago and she didn’t wish me happy birthday in July.

What i’m asking is: am i terrible for not attending a friends wedding or is she overreacting?
She’s definitely over reacting, people can’t expect everyone to come to their wedding if they’ve decided to marry abroad and make people pay for themselves to come! If she’s not speaking to you about it you’re probably better off without her as a friend as she’s just not being nice

• Heart

Olive16

I Said Yes to My Dress 🤍 Ordered one on a whim after an advertisement came up on my IG - and I'm beaming from ear to ear, my Mum got emotional too, so I just knew then also... ☺ A Bargain at £130 too! 🙊

• Heart

fudgebox

VIP Member
Got my nieces flower girl dress today, £20 in a charity shop they were having a bridal event!
C2A2BCCB-6107-499B-8EF2-4E2A346560A2.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 11

Lulu Goss

VIP Member
I bought my dress today! Went with no intention of choosing, more just to try on styles and see what I like. The one I’ve gone for is one I saved on instagram a few months ago - fell in love with it then and loved it so much on that we bought it then and there 🥰

• Heart

Shinythings

VIP Member
Just found this thread. Getting married next year. No dramas at all so far but imagine there might be a bit of hassle when the invites go out as we have been brutal. If we don't see you regularly, you're not coming. Don't care if you're family, it's not a free pass.

Everything is a rip off and the absolute audacity of some places and suppliers incredible. I see loads of bridal shops now charge to shop. Fuck the fuck off. I don't mind paying a refundable deposit if I turn up to the appointment and I get the issues with no shows, but if I attend and you keep the money, it's greed pure and simple.

Even trying to do stuff cheaply costs a fortune. Only things that's actually justifying the cost we're paying is the honeymoon.

But that'll teach me for wanting the wedding I've always dreamed of.

I'm so keen for our guests to have a good time and am worried people will be bored if we don't entertain enough.

• Heart

fudgebox

VIP Member
Fiancés suit and ring bought!
All 3 bridemaid dresses fit! We had an absolute bargain, my mum saw 3 sage green bridemaid dresses brand new with tags for sale on Facebook in the 3 exact sizes we needed all 3 for £50!!! One of my bridesmaids is pregnant but she still has plenty of room in hers left for her boobs and belly to grow!
Eeekkk not much left to do now!

• Heart