Wedding planning #2 sponsored by our opinionated MILs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Have you seen a company called s sixstories official!? They
Do really vice quality sweat shirts etc saying bride. You could get one of them and mix and match??
Omg that’s what they’ve gone for but, got the champagne wifey one!

Reactions: 1
Oooh yes if you’ve got time and they can exchange it for a bride one maybe try that? The white embroidered one is lush and I would love it for the airport (destination bride) but just not sure I can justify £55 on it 😅

So I've just been to my first wedding, my best friend got married and I was her maid of honour. 🥰 Honestly it was such a perfect day but I have to admit being a maid of honour is hard work. 😅 But it was so emotional and beautiful, I cried like a baby haha. Even my boyfriend who NEVER cries shed a little tear when she walked in. It went by so fast and all I want to do is relive the entire weekend.

It got me really nervous for our own wedding tho, because on Saturday there was a heat wave and it was 30+ degrees and I can imagine that in July it will be same or worse. The problem is that I sweat a lot and the whole time I was standing next to her at the ceremony I could feel the sweat drops running down my legs and was SO self conscious and worried about it, I don't want to have the same worries for my day when everyone will be looking at me. 😣 I would also need to wear a stick on bra but I know it will fall off after 2 minutes. Maybe I didn't think this through that well.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I would also need to wear a stick on bra but I know it will fall off after 2 minutes. Maybe I didn't think this through that well.
Have you had your dress fittings yet? Could they possibly put cups in your dress for you? To help with the underwear situation?

I thought my wedding planning days were over but last Thursday I was asked to be a bridesmaid… she’s been very clear she’s paying for everything except shoes for us right from the start which I’m very thankful for after seeing other peoples experiences 🤣

Reactions: 4
Have you had your dress fittings yet? Could they possibly put cups in your dress for you? To help with the underwear situation?

Thank you, this is actually a good suggestion, not sure if it could be done as it's silk and it's supposed to just fall like this, it doesn't squeeze you in or offer any support, but it would definitely be safer option than stick on bra.

• Heart
I don't know if anyone has this problem or can relate but I want to do a speech at the wedding and want to thank my in laws as they are great (surprisingly) but its my own parents who are difficult shall we say. I will thank them as they have contributed to the wedding in some ways and also because I feel obliged but really don't know how to word it so it's not OTT?

Thank you, this is actually a good suggestion, not sure if it could be done as it's silk and it's supposed to just fall like this, it doesn't squeeze you in or offer any support, but it would definitely be safer option than stick on bra.
Would the nipple stickers be another option? Less weight to them so not as likely to slip off id say?

Yes this is the plan, I just feel a little naked but it's not a problem especially for the evening. I'd just like to have a bra on during the ceremony but I know it will be the hottest part and I'll also be the most nervous. 🙈

If anyone has any good tricks to keep stick on bra on, please share 🙏🏼 I read something about body glue that dancers use, I'll look into that.

Yes this is the plan, I just feel a little naked but it's not a problem especially for the evening. I'd just like to have a bra on during the ceremony but I know it will be the hottest part and I'll also be the most nervous. 🙈

If anyone has any good tricks to keep stick on bra on, please share 🙏🏼 I read something about body glue that dancers use, I'll look into that.
What about tit/body tape? Haven't used it personally but heard good things.

Did everyone send save the dates, or did anyone just send invites?

We’re getting married in September 2023 and I’ve been meaning to send out save the dates since March! With having a baby, sorting out a house renovation and just general life I still haven’t had a chance to do it. I’m now finally getting round to ordering them but when I mentioned it to my aunt the other day she was like why do you need to send a save the date, why don’t you just send the invites?

My reply was I don’t know 😂 It would make it cheaper but is there any real reason I’m not considering to send out save the dates first?

Did everyone send save the dates, or did anyone just send invites?

We’re getting married in September 2023 and I’ve been meaning to send out save the dates since March! With having a baby, sorting out a house renovation and just general life I still haven’t had a chance to do it. I’m now finally getting round to ordering them but when I mentioned it to my aunt the other day she was like why do you need to send a save the date, why don’t you just send the invites?

My reply was I don’t know 😂 It would make it cheaper but is there any real reason I’m not considering to send out save the dates first?
Yeah I sent save the dates, just to give people advanced warning so that they could book hotels and time off work if they needed to.

I sent save the dates a year before and then six months before I sent the actual invites.

Yeah I sent save the dates, just to give people advanced warning so that they could book hotels and time off work if they needed to.

I sent save the dates a year before and then six months before I sent the actual invites.
Yeah I suppose this far ahead would be quite in advance to expect people to choose things like their food choices actually!

Yeah I suppose this far ahead would be quite in advance to expect people to choose things like their food choices actually!
We hadn’t even fully decided on the menu when we sent out the save the dates, so it made sense for us to just send those first. :)

Reactions: 3
We only sent save the dates to day guests. But we actually regret not sending them to evening guests too because it's been too late for some to get the time off work/ people have already booked their summer holidays (we're having a Thursday wedding in August). So not everyone we wanted to be there can attend unfortunately

We only sent save the dates to day guests. But we actually regret not sending them to evening guests too because it's been too late for some to get the time off work/ people have already booked their summer holidays (we're having a Thursday wedding in August). So not everyone we wanted to be there can attend unfortunately
Yes meant to add, we only sent for the day guests. We didn’t bother with the night guests!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.