Wedding planning #2 sponsored by our opinionated MILs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can you find a place where you could try on at least something similar so you have a better feeling if it's right for you or not?
I did try something similar on, and I did love it! It was different colours to what I want though so a little hard to picture. I don't know if I'm just expecting the "this is the one" feeling but obviously won't get that before I purchase if I buy online

So I went dress shopping and it was super fun but I didn't find anything I loved.

I have an idea of what I want, and found an amazing lady on Etsy who can make it for me, but buying online is freaking daunting. What if I hate it when it arrives?! Not like I can send it back or get it changed!!!

My wedding is just under 10 months away. I know I have ages but I'm starting to stress. Maybe I'm being a bit too fussy!?!
Under distance selling as long as it’s not custom made, you can return it. Check the sellers policy. If you were buying a white dress in a size 12, they can resell it so have to accept the return.

I am THIS close to chucking the whole thing in and eloping. So many people in my family are pissing me off at the moment. My sister is still trying to control my niece's roles in the wedding. When I call her out on it she pretends she just misunderstood or I told her something I didn't. I've had to be really clear with my niece's that unless it comes directly from me to not to believe anything their Mum says about what they're doing at the wedding. So that made me look a dick.

I made a separate family wedding chat group on WhatsApp so we can coordinate stuff and keep it out of the main family group. My Mum tells me every time I put something in there, my Dad makes a comment about me being a bridezilla when all I'll have put is letting people know about accomodation or something. And he keeps commenting on how expensive everything is and why are we spending so much, when we aren't even going over board, it's just how much things cost.

My SIL never replies to anything wedding related and she's supposed to be a bridesmaid and when I ask her to please let me know as there are deadlines, she always uses the baby she had about 5 months ago as an excuse as to why she never replies to anything but manages to post lengthy stories on Insta 🙄

I'm really not being unreasonable with anything, I have been really chilled about everything and have been concious not to be bossy but I'm beginning to understand how people lose their tit.

Sorry for the rant.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I am THIS close to chucking the whole thing in and eloping. So many people in my family are pissing me off at the moment. My sister is still trying to control my niece's roles in the wedding. When I call her out on it she pretends she just misunderstood or I told her something I didn't. I've had to be really clear with my niece's that unless it comes directly from me to not to believe anything their Mum says about what they're doing at the wedding. So that made me look a dick.

I made a separate family wedding chat group on WhatsApp so we can coordinate stuff and keep it out of the main family group. My Mum tells me every time I put something in there, my Dad makes a comment about me being a bridezilla when all I'll have put is letting people know about accomodation or something. And he keeps commenting on how expensive everything is and why are we spending so much, when we aren't even going over board, it's just how much things cost.

My SIL never replies to anything wedding related and she's supposed to be a bridesmaid and when I ask her to please let me know as there are deadlines, she always uses the baby she had about 5 months ago as an excuse as to why she never replies to anything but manages to post lengthy stories on Insta 🙄

I'm really not being unreasonable with anything, I have been really chilled about everything and have been concious not to be bossy but I'm beginning to understand how people lose their tit.

Sorry for the rant.
It’s so annoying how people feel the need to comment on something that isn’t anything to do with them! It’s yours and your fiancés day, not anyone else’s! They need to keep their crappy opinions to themselves! Your wedding is the one time you can be truly selfish and have what YOU BOTH want!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I got my wedding ring today and I'm so disappointed I want to cry. :( I was choosing between two jewellers and because of a comment my mum made I chose one I wasn't planning on and it turned out terrible. I was trying on eternity ring but I wanted diamonds only on half of the ring. Now the bottom half is just extremely chunky and it's bothering me and it doesn't look good. I don't know if I should go back or just go to the jeweller I originally planned and have them remake the entire ring. I mean the ring is beautiful on, it just bothers me while I wear it because it's so wide and chunky.

I'm so sad because I was trying to choose the best so I can have it forever and it turned out so bad. And I don't think it could be repaired before the wedding which is in 4 weeks. Ugh I'm so angry I wasn't listening to myself and my instinct.

Attachments

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Hey 👋
I've been lurking on this page since it started - I am off to try Wedding Dresses tomorrow - feeling both excited and nervous! I've not really found anything I Love yet... but not sure if I'm just being too fussy! 😂 Can't decide on Tea Length or Long... but I suppose that's the entire point of trying on... anyways would love some tips for tomorrow... ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I got my wedding ring today and I'm so disappointed I want to cry. :( I was choosing between two jewellers and because of a comment my mum made I chose one I wasn't planning on and it turned out terrible. I was trying on eternity ring but I wanted diamonds only on half of the ring. Now the bottom half is just extremely chunky and it's bothering me and it doesn't look good. I don't know if I should go back or just go to the jeweller I originally planned and have them remake the entire ring. I mean the ring is beautiful on, it just bothers me while I wear it because it's so wide and chunky.

I'm so sad because I was trying to choose the best so I can have it forever and it turned out so bad. And I don't think it could be repaired before the wedding which is in 4 weeks. Ugh I'm so angry I wasn't listening to myself and my instinct.
Oh bless you, it is quite chunky compared to your engagement ring.

You should talk to the jeweller and see what they say.

• Heart
Agree with the above comment you should speak to the jeweller and see if there is anything you can do. Was it just a shop on the high street, can you return it? Or was it custom made? Did they not send a photo before they sent it?

Yes it was custom made, they only had full eternity rings so I couldn't really imagine it will be this wide and they didn't tell me this before. I will go back on monday and see what it can be done. I don't even care about the price of it, I just need it fixed. I was so looking forward to it, ugh this sucks.

• Heart

If you wanted something thinner, this is what I went for it’s so thin which I wanted and matches my engagement ring perfectly and it is a barg!

Attachments

• Heart
Hey 👋
I've been lurking on this page since it started - I am off to try Wedding Dresses tomorrow - feeling both excited and nervous! I've not really found anything I Love yet... but not sure if I'm just being too fussy! 😂 Can't decide on Tea Length or Long... but I suppose that's the entire point of trying on... anyways would love some tips for tomorrow... ☺
Some people, whether they’re people with you or the shop people, can be pushy. Listen to your own instincts with what you want, but be open to suggestions to try certain things on that you wouldn’t normally choose! If you don’t like it when it’s on, then be firm and say no, but it’s definitely worth trying on a few that you wouldn’t think to pick!

I ended up with a different style to what I wanted originally and I love it. One of the shop assistants picked it out, I wasn’t too keen when it was off, but I totally loved it on!

Hey 👋
keep an open mind - I thought id go for something detailed, boho and flowy looking thats what i had in my head. Instead I have a plain ball gown which is stunning and fitted at the top - nothing what i imagined - i picked it out and was like oh ill try it on for a laugh. Try on everything - dont feel pressured to make a decision go off and have a glass of wine and sleep on it. you will know when you find it

Yes it was custom made, they only had full eternity rings so I couldn't really imagine it will be this wide and they didn't tell me this before. I will go back on monday and see what it can be done. I don't even care about the price of it, I just need it fixed. I was so looking forward to it, ugh this sucks.
I would definitely contact and say it’s not quite what you are expecting and what can they do to change it. I’m surprised they didn’t send you a photo before it was sent out to you, mine was custom made and they kept me updated at each stage even from the CAD design, same with engagement ring.

Hope it gets sorted for you, you want to look at your finger and love it 🥰 fingers crossed! X

Reactions: 2
Hey 👋
Go open minded, I tried on a few dresses that were picked out for me that I would never even have looked twice. I liked them way more than I thought I would! Same as seeing a dress on the hanger, they can look completely different when they’re actually on so I would just try on everything so you know for definite what you like.

It’s so annoying when people are trying to be helpful but sway you the wrong way! As others have said I would contact the jeweller and let them know what you’re not happy with. They may be able to make it a bit thinner underneath?

Anyone got any ideas for nice little things to do for the wedding?

I’ve seen a few people give each other perfume/aftershave on the wedding day, so that smell will remind them of the day!

Anyone got any other nice little things not to miss?

Fellow Brides Thankyou for the Dress Shopping Advice! Much appreciated! Will update you all tomorrow! 🙂
I have another predicament... we originally booked our Wedding for Early Sept - however I then started a new job at a school, so we moved it to October (halfterm) - we had already put a deposit down for someone to provide a BBQ for our wedding breakfast (and she is doing so at a good price!) however now with it being October, I'm not so sure... 🥴😣 Thoughts please... 😬

Anyone got any ideas for nice little things to do for the wedding?

I’ve seen a few people give each other perfume/aftershave on the wedding day, so that smell will remind them of the day!

Anyone got any other nice little things not to miss?
Fragrances are a nice touch and an easy present fir years to come
If you've anyone that passed away you can buy charms for your bouquet.. Bit morbid but nice touch imo.

Ive been seeing crisp walls everywhere so thinking of doing a crisp basket 😊

• Heart
Fragrances are a nice touch and an easy present fir years to come
If you've anyone that passed away you can buy charms for your bouquet.. Bit morbid but nice touch imo.

Ive been seeing crisp walls everywhere so thinking of doing a crisp basket 😊
My fiancés cousin is obsessed with crisps and he wants us to have a crisp wall! Problem is we would never prise him away from it!🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Successful Wedding Dress Shopping today Fellow Brides! I've two on the agenda and have booked to go back in a few weeks with just my Mum to make my decision! ☺ Just curious as to how much you've all spent on your dress?

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Successful Wedding Dress Shopping today Fellow Brides! I've two on the agenda and have booked to go back in a few weeks with just my Mum to make my decision! ☺ Just curious as to how much you've all spent on your dress?
It’s such a nice feeling when you find dresses you love!

My dress was 1250. It’s crazy that I could get a holiday for that, but the dress is the most important part of the day for me and I want to feel amazing!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.