Waxperts Ellen

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I guess so as not to blur the lines. Waxperts is a salon brand only, and home care can be bought. Heire is an at home product for individual use.

I'd say people who know more than me could also say - does setting up a new company allow them avail of start up grants or anything like that?
No not really any start up grants available unless you we're on jobseekers and hiring people.

People set up different trade names and might be trading under the same company or seperate company. Its good to seperate them because you have a better idea on how the business is going.

Reactions: 1
I would say it was to protect the brand. If it fails the financial and PR cost would be to the separate brand and company.

Reactions: 2
I think these products have totally undermined the integrity of the brand. I’ve been to Waxperts a few times and every time, it was rammed down my throat every time that wax strips were to be avoided like the plague, that they broke hairs, only removed hairs from the surface and not the root and damaged skin etc etc etc. Strips were a total no-go in Waxperts’ eyes and nobody should even think of using them.

Now that salons are closed and Waxperts have no revenue coming in, suddenly wax strips are graaaaaand because Ellen can make a quick buck off them. She’s completely contradicted everything she’s ever said about waxing and there’s not a hope I’d dream of buying them.

Actually, just remembered, even up until recently she was actively advising everyone not to do any hair removal at home and to wait until salons re-opened. Changed her tune on that when there’s money to be made!

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Like, did Ellen forget she’s always categorically advised against home waxing before she launched this brand or did she just think nobody would bother to pull her up on it?

Attachments

Reactions: 5
She said only in the last few days these aren’t for the face or bikini... they’re really only for legs. And veet is shite.
So the screenshots are all kinda standing to her.

She said only in the last few days these aren’t for the face or bikini... they’re really only for legs. And veet is shite.
She only confirmed they weren’t for face or bikini when someone asked her about it on the live with Triona McCarthy. Also, why did she bother including small strips in the box if they weren’t meant for small areas? They’re basically leg strips and she’s been caught out. If they’re leg strips, they should say so on the box because it’s false marketing to pretend otherwise. She’s probably left herself wide open to litigation if anyone injures themselves waxing sensitive areas with these strips when they’re really only suitable for legs.

EDIT: Just to add, I’ve always found Veet pretty inoffensive and it was recommended to me by all my friends who have sworn by it for years. Plus, the Veet brand is practically a household name, it’s in every supermarket and has been around forever and a day (I’m old enough to remember when it was Immac) so its success speaks for itself really, despite what Ellen likes to think

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
She was preaching for months that people shouldn't wax at home and should wait until the salons reopen but now it's grand because she has a product to sell. Standard.

The no strip talk is for underarm/bikini and face. Waxperts as a brand only use hot wax for those areas. They launched a facial wax last year I think called bareface.
I’m actually really disappointed to see they have launched a home wax kit. They built a brand on the back of salon professional wax/treatments. Then insisted salons who wanted to shock their wax had to have training with them even though the therapist may have been waxing for years. Made a huge fuss out of their training and now they are basically saying sure your grand work away at home and wax yourself.

I'd love to know how all the influencers seemingly get their 'orders' straight away or the next day.. I actually ordered it last Thurs and am still waiting :rolleyes: .. Same with Rosie and her hoodies, so many cancelled yet the influencers or names, happen to get them fine....

Reactions: 3
She does risk angering of her wax stockists on this decision. I hope it’s worth it.
I’m sure most people will look at this as a stop gap. Nothing beats a professional wax from a therapist

Did the woman on TV say something as Ellen was talking about how she was entitled to her opinion?

She does risk angering of her wax stockists on this decision. I hope it’s worth it.
I’m sure most people will look at this as a stop gap. Nothing beats a professional wax from a therapist
Yepi'd defo think of it as a stop gap. Shes bringing out hot wax to which i think will be what really pises them off - the idea of anyone untrained waxing their bikini are makes me feel ill. I might get the strips for my legs but no way would i attmpt an at home hollywood 🤢🤢🤢🤢

She has them locked in. Reality is it would be a nightmare to re patch test every single client with another brand.

I certainly wouldn't be doing a home wax on any part of my body but especially not lip or bikini. I presume these are just for legs?

I would assume just for legs. Otherwise it would totally undermine her salon brand. I also cant imagine it being any good on anyone who has coarse hair.

😭😭😭 bit late for my poor face. I’ve a destroyed left side of my upper lip down to my mouth and then along my lower chin, it’s actually scabbing and cracked and bleeding!!! Wtf are the small strips for if they aren’t for your face?

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
😭😭😭 bit late for my poor face. I’ve a destroyed left side of my upper lip down to my mouth and then along my lower chin, it’s actually scabbing and cracked and bleeding!!! Wtf are the small strips for if they aren’t for your face?
Oh no 😭😭😭 you poor thing!

And here is exactly why home waxing comes with a warning.
Did you patch test? Sounds like you have skinned yourself. Get yourself some aloe Vera and lash it on. Keep putting it on and be really careful what else you use. Avoiding the area with any of your usual skin products. Avoid hot water. It will take time but will heal