Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Kat5998

VIP Member
New logo just announced, the intro music is slightly different

195F3110-52FC-4CB1-AEA9-EB4424966AB3.jpeg

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 6

lozza96

VIP Member
I've come to the conclusion whilst I'm currently watching season 8 that they should just forgot about season 8 onwards and basically this new series should come after season 7 and carry on from there .forget that tom,grantly and denzil died 😆 the ones after season 7 are just astonshing

• Heart

scottishgirl13

VIP Member
I wonder if Kim will be back for next series. I think it might be they’ve brought her back to keep similarities from the old series and encourage viewers who previously watch to watch now. But I think they’ll bring in a new head for next term.

deputy Joe reminds me of Chris mead

Instaflop

Chatty Member
Omg!! I'm so excited about this.

I love how many returning characters we've had so far, still upset about Chlo though. :cautious:
I feel nasty saying this but I was relieved they killed chlo off! Nothing against the actress as she was only young when WR first came on but she always had a really irritating gormless look on her face. The character was so needy and annoying, even her name. chlo! Why not Chloe? When she came back she was still annoying and pushy.

• Haha
I really don’t like how they brought Janeece back. She left Waterloo road as an adult who wasn’t a chav etc etc

she’s come back and they’ve made her out to be a thick bimbo. Very strange!

kc89

No trailers or start dates , got a feeling it going to be after the October half term

Don’tStart

VIP Member
I’ve just watched the first episode and I’d say for the most part, I really enjoyed it. I think what helped is I went into the episode with very low expectations. I hadn’t like what info had been released to the press about the reboot. I didn’t like the fact they only brought 3 characters back from the original series. It felt like they were using the name Waterloo Road as a way to entice a young audience who enjoyed the show during lockdown, into watching this entirely new show.

I thought the chemistry between Donte and Chlo was still brilliant. Their interactions felt very natural. I have to say, I’m completely and utterly baffled why they’ve chosen to kill her off. I hoped we would’ve moved past the days of WR killing off characters for pure shock value.

I think making Kim come back in the role of a headteacher was a wise move. It’s clear Angela Griffin was having a ball, playing her once again. I loved the mention of the LEA right at the beginning of the show, as I can remember how frequently this agency was mentioned in the show’s early days. Speaking of headteachers, I hope Rachel Mason pops in at some point, to visit the new school even if it’s just a flying visit.

I felt some of the political messages felt quite heavy-handed. I understand Waterloo Road was always known for tackling social issues and has time has moved on, these social issues have changed and evolved, but I felt the issues confronted in the first episode could’ve been handled with extra subtlety.

I think all of the new teaching staff are likeable so far. The acting is also very good. However, I have to say it seems we’re lacking any characters with eccentric personalities amongst the cast so far. There doesn’t seem to be a Grantley Budgen or Steph Haydock-type character in sight, which is slightly disappointing.

Overall, I enjoyed it much more than I thought I would. I loved the way this episode mirrored the show’s very first episode, via the riot, the school being in disarray, the employment of a behavioural unit on site and a death in the first episode. I’ll look forward to seeing how it pans out. I’m going to spread the episodes out over the course of a few days or weeks, rather than binge them all in one go, considering we’ve only got seven episodes so far. Apparently, all 22 episodes of this series accidentally ended up dropping on IPlayer earlier today for the briefest period of time. Can all discussion about episodes that haven’t aired on linear TV yet, be kept under spoiler tags just in case there’s some big shocks coming?

Kat5998

VIP Member
rumours of a death in the Charles family, people think it might be Chlo
CCFD698B-95C6-4155-891C-8353286F5C7E.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 5

yayoi

Just finished ep 4
It's definitely not the original but I acc do think it's alright. Donte has always been a favourite so his storylines interesting and vvv sad but glad he has a job now. Really feel for Kelly-Jo, her storyline is definitely one of the better ones imo. Preston's as well is really upsetting - as someone w ED experience is a little hard to watch at times but i think it's definitely a decent portrayal that i've seen and shows how you push people away. I do wish it was weekly eps instead of them being apl uploaded because I'll probably finish it by tomorrow

• Heart

Bexybest

I hope Kim's not as uptight this time round. She really started to grate on me towards the end

I'd love Grantly to be back in some capacity 😩
He died in Series 9. Maybe he will come back as a ghost 🤣👻

If only they didn't kill Tom off too, he was an integral character.

FunkyPhil

I can’t remember how many seasons Grantly was married to his first wife but didn’t she have dementia? Maybe that’s why he was awful? Then he mellowed out when he got together with Maggie I think her name was??
I have no idea of the timeline but was just thinking maybe that was when he changed
Spot on Gillybean42!

Grantly's first wife, Fleur, was diagnosed with dementia which he tried to keep quiet from the school, but juggling caused a number of stressful situations which resulted in his character becoming moody and grumpy.

After Fleur died he got cosy with Maggie who ran the school house, she stood by him when his kidney failed and I think may have offered her own for transplant. She later became the new Mrs Budgen.

SheMyBestie

So, I’ve avoided this thread as I didn’t want to see spoilers.
I loved this season. So glad Treneman is back. My inner fan girl is shipping Kim & Andrew.
That kiss in the preview for next term 🥰

Without giving anything away, that ending 😮

I still think Samia’s mum is Eleanor Chaudry.

Loved the Grantly reference by Treneman.

Now off to binge Waterloo Road from the start for old school Kim & Andrew 🥰

• Heart