Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Merpedy

VIP Member
I’m so sick of all of these performative actions and protests by the students… and now a whole speech

I’m also not a big fan of how Coral’s story line played out

Reactions: 9

nohopefletcher

Chatty Member
I've just finished watching episode 2 gotta say I'm not impressed so far, will give it one more episode and if I'm still not feeling it won't bother to watch the rest. Definitely not the same as the old Waterloo Road here.
It was never gonna be the same it first aired 16 years ago. Life has changed so has society. I think this new series is much better as it has more realistic storylines and more relatable characters.

Reactions: 9

Greenhoodie

VIP Member
The 2 boys that are fostered by the deputy and police man - the actor playing the older one literally looks about 35 , terrible casting imo.

Reactions: 8

hrh89

VIP Member
Did anyone else used to love this show?? All series have been uploaded to YouTube and I’m currently making my way through the whole thing. The earlier seasons are my favourite ones. It’s been a long time since I’ve watched it and I’d forgotten how entertaining it is.

Just as an aside, if you liked this show then you’d enjoy Ackley Bridge on channel 4!

Gillybean42

VIP Member
Just saw Adam Thomas story, taking down Dontes name from door and the song goodbye playing. I’m shocked…. I thought he would be a long term character.

• Sad

yayoi

Mr Rimmer was my favourite…. He wasn’t on Waterloo road for long enough!
He was definitely high drama - I rewatched a couple months back and his methods definitely wouldn't be accepted now but his era was definitely the best with Izzie, Treneman etc. Couldn't stand Davina though

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
Loved Waterloo Road. It was never the same after all they went to Scotland. It was also never the same after Rachel Mason left, best Headteacher Waterloo Road ever had!

mochibean

VIP Member
I'm praying that this reboot is good. I've watched Waterloo Road from start to finish like 6000 times and it's my comfort show. I soo hope it's not disappointing!

After watching all of the new series (I won’t spoil it, I caught up with them all on iPlayer) I decided to rewatch the earlier episodes
I didn’t realise how much of an ar$3h0l3 Grantly was in series 1!
I began watching Waterloo road around series 8, and I remember loving grantly and being really sad when he died .. I don’t remember him being that nasty in the later series he was in?!

RosePetals

Chatty Member
Rewatching some of the old episodes and what stood out to me is that in the new series the teachers didn't really have any strong storylines, I think it's works better when there's a more balanced mixture of kids storylines and teacher's storylines

calmyourritas

VIP Member
There could be a few kids from the children/siblings of students in the earlier series. There's lots of opportunity here.
- Izzie Charles (Chlo and Donte's daughter) would be 12/13 now. She may also have a sibling.
- Lauren Drummond seems to be free at the moment and I expect she will return as Mika. I think Thomas Payne might be living in America so they will have to recast for a Brett return. Brett and Mika could've easily had a child within the couple of years after they left, although I imagine they would've been born after Chlo left or the baby would've been mentioned. Mika and Brett's child could be in year 7/8 now.
- Cheryl Bryant (Janeece's daughter) would be around 12.
- Prince Kelly (Sam, Denzil and Earl's little brother) would be 15/16/17. I wonder if the school will still have a 6th form.
- Dannielle Harker could return as a businesswoman with a couple of kids, one in primary school and the other starting at WR. I's watching the original run on Iplayer at the moment and am loving Danielle.
- Kim has a son (now 12/13) so I imagine he will appear in the new series. I know Kim 'adopted' another child in Rwanda but I think she was taken back there by her biological father.
This has just made me feel so incredibly old 😆😆😆

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
Kim Campbell doing her speech on the stage in the assembly just didn't land. When someone who was never super strict tries to be strict just doesn't hit right. Kim Campbell got nothing on Rachel Mason.

Merpedy

VIP Member
It feels like a very slow season

I think my main problem is that the writers/producers appear to be underestimating their audience a bit. Secondary school kids can engage with multiple storylines at once, including one overarching one. The way they have formatted this hasn’t made me care for any of the characters at all and I constantly roll my eyes at how obvious some of the messaging/conversations are

Reactions: 7