Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

TinaTree

Chatty Member
the first few series of waterloo were the best it seem to go downhill after they moved to Scotland. I dont mind ackley bridge either but this last series half the teachers seem to of left without explanation

thegreencow

VIP Member
All the possible 'kids' judging by instagram would be too old for the above with the exception of Prince Kelly if they were to go down that route. I'd love to see Rose back in a recurring capacity but don't think it'll happen.

Can see Chlo potentially making a cameo or at least being mentioned (never liked how neither were mentioned at the very least when Tom died), but imagine Brett just wouldn't be in the picture.

I think, basing it on series year (I know a couple of the series were slightly longer/got a bit muddled time wise) Kim's son would be starting year 7. If I remember correctly one of the reasons they've brought it back is to represent how schools have been impacted by covid. So this could potentially be quite a good storyline.

It does feel like Cheryl's daughter is going to be present based on rumours of her her making an appearance - not sure how I feel about that though.

Hopefully they get the blend right with links to old characters and completely new characters!
The younger kids in the cast may not be on Instagram due to choice/age etc.

BorisBear

VIP Member
I started the first season last week & im on 4 now. But I’ve skipped ahead to the new season now.. that second episode 😭😵💫

pommynoir

VIP Member
Adam posted this last night in the corner it says caretaker .wonder if thats what donte will be
Good spot but you see under neath it has tickboxes and I think it says lock. I wonder if it’s just a checklist for whoever locks up?

RJF

VIP Member
The storyline of Kasey being a boy annoyed me because it didn’t go anywhere. I’m sure she did an episode of being called a boys name, I can’t remember what it was. Then she decided she was called Kasey again and then we never heard about it again. They could have done so much with a storyline like that but it was if they changed their mind about that one and decided she was gonna be a boxer instead!
This might be why:

Gillybean42

VIP Member
There would always be negative press about them casting two Thomas children.
Tommy was only in 2 episodes and was to be a nod to Tom clarkson. It worked IMO being Adam’s son he was relaxed with him and Scarlett (izzy).

Angela Griffin’s husband is in WR so wonder if they’ll be slating that too.
And Angela’s best friend

HoneyBee29

VIP Member
It was never gonna be the same it first aired 16 years ago. Life has changed so has society. I think this new series is much better as it has more realistic storylines and more relatable characters.
Exactly this is what I keep telling people the original series finished years ago it’s obviously gonna be completely different. If your comparing it to the original of course your gonna be disappointed.

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
I'm also too old for this, but am also definitely watching this. I wonder if it's going to be a "new" Waterloo Road school. Or they are going to explain away Scotland, or just retcon Scotland without mentioning it.

fudgebox

VIP Member
to be fair she did say “you should go get an X-ray”

I don’t know why but Rachel Lesckovac annoys me in EVERYTHING she’s in. I really like her when she does interviews but can’t stand her characters 😂
Woops must’ve missed that bit! 😆