Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Kat5998

VIP Member
I'm currently on s6 I will say I love how fin and Amy was so in love with each other and then the next season it's like they don't even know each other and just ignore each other 😆
They nearly drowned together, then next series nothing lmao

• Haha
Reactions: 6

SheMyBestie

100% The Kelly’s. The whole move to Scotland just shouldn’t have happened. The show lost itself after that move.

Clearly much better than Waterloo Road has been for many years but still a big step down compared to up to when Rachel Mason was in charge.

lozza96

VIP Member
I'm currently on s6 I will say I love how fin and Amy was so in love with each other and then the next season it's like they don't even know each other and just ignore each other 😆

• Haha

mochibean

VIP Member
Just watched it on YouTube - looks a bit more like Rochdale, less polished than the school in Scotland
The school in Scotland just looked way too posh and privatising it took it so far away from its roots. It'll be interesting to see what they do with the new series, hoping it has more s1-4 vibes.

mochibean

VIP Member
Just finished episode 1 and it dragged soo much I was so bored.
It could be the shittest thing ever I'll still lap it up and rewatch it over and over. Looking forward to watching it tonight, ngl I've forgotten so many of the characters though.

Apple In My Pie

VIP Member
I’m just getting into S4. I like Rachel Mason, I wish they kept her on as a headmistress TBH she seems the best for WR!

• Heart

aaliyahplz

VIP Member
I'm watching ep 1 now, the actress who plays chlo looks the same and so young still (she's 33 now) but I guess she did get pregnant at like 15 haha, the character is probably only supposed to be like 26-28

it's funny because in the first series the actors were actually mainly the same age as their characters, but as it got older they were using actors in their 20s eg when Tina O'brein was allegedly playing a teenager when we all knew she wasn't and roxanne palette was in it too when she was like 24 that's when I was like this isn't realistic anymore

RosePetals

Chatty Member
I think it worked better as a longer series with some episodes having individual storylines as well as the series long storylines.

I find the series length and gap between series makes it difficult to remember what happened last series. I couldn’t name half the characters and I had to go back to the last series to remember why the ginger girl was staying with Dante. Seems like Dante is the new Tom homing half the main characters.

I’d like to see Dante start a girls football club in memory of Chlo.

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
With Scotland when I watch it, I try and keep it separate and not compare to the Rochdale series. I preferred 9 to 8 but really couldn’t get into 10 especially the second half of the series. The teachers in Scotland i did actually quite like but the new students introduced (maybe with the exception of the Barry’s) were painful.
Barry's were iconic just because they'd got one called Barry Barry.

Jane Beale did great at her alcoholism storyline.

Kevin Chalk was great but that was because I still liked Tommy Knight from his Luke Smith in Sarah Jane Adventures days.

There was some great storylines in the Scotland era. I just never quite got over the viewers not getting board with the move up North.

Instaflop

Chatty Member
The 2 boys that are fostered by the deputy and police man - the actor playing the older one literally looks about 35 , terrible casting imo.
I thought this too! It’s so unbelievable because his brother is so young he could be a primary school student so it’s weird they are at the same school!

WR lost its way when it moved to Scotland and I don’t think it’s found its way back yet. I miss the atmosphere in the older series where there was one gritty storyline per episode with other long term storylines rumbling on in the background. Now it feels like it’s just loads of luke warm background storylines and then every few eps someone remembers and sticks in a major storyline that is resolved in the hour.

rosieposie87

Chatty Member
Got 15 minutes into the first episode of the revival before turning it off and watching episode 1 of the original series lmao. This protesting stuff doesn’t feel realistic at all. I feel like the original series (in the first couple of years atleast) did a much better job of rooting the show in reality. Obviously it was always a tv show so it was a bit larger than life, but the characters felt very real. If you ever went to a rough school you could recognise them all very easily.

There’s a way to write about relevant social issues in a realistic non cringey way and imo episode 1 of this revival has failed to do that. I can’t make a full judgment call without watching more of it of course. But comparing it to the very first episode of the show, it’s like night and day. They did a better job in the first 90 seconds of setting the scene, exploring a realistic comprehensive in a deprived area, and just flat out entertaining me than the new one did in its first 15 minutes. Not to sound too old and grumpy but I feel like no one in British tv can write good drama scripts anymore that aren’t crime or police shows.

SophJohns

There was a news article earlier about defending reboots or something where it was mentioned. Does anyone know when celebrity masterchef finishes, could maybe take that slot.

As you say though, there has been nothing since cast announcements. Weirdly quiet.

Edit: Just realised that Fake or Fortune is in the Tuesday 8pm slot on BBC1, so maybe after that if it's taking the Holby City slot. 3 episodes left, so could work.