Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Mayday

VIP Member
Rewatching some of the old episodes and what stood out to me is that in the new series the teachers didn't really have any strong storylines, I think it's works better when there's a more balanced mixture of kids storylines and teacher's storylines
I agree. I think one nice thing about the original was the friendships/relationships between the teachers (especially the ones that were on the show a while), and how they'd have meet ups outside the school. I didn't really get that vibe as much with the new lot - none of them felt that close and that banter was missing.

Reactions: 5

Leo100

VIP Member
I didn't like all the protests and the girl who was complaining no one was listening to her about the group the boys setup to rate the girls when she only tried to ask to speak to the teachers at inconvenient times 😅

• Haha

fudgebox

VIP Member
Can’t get over how donte and chlo look exactly the same 😆 I hope I don’t look the same as I did in school!!!

SophJohns

Just been announced that Adam's son will be portrayed Tommy Thomas, Chlo and Dontes son.

I'm really looking forward to the return of Waterloo Road but some of this casting is concerning me somewhat. One of the great things about the original Waterloo Road is it gave unknown/unconnected youngsters a chance, and while it still is largely I'm not a fan of these family castings.

• Wow
Reactions: 4

RJF

VIP Member
Katie McGlynn aka Scout has left Hollyoaks.

She’s liked a comment on Instagram asking if she’s returning to Waterloo Road 👀
She was amazing in WR (but absolutely dire in Corrie). I hope she's back.

• Heart

aaliyahplz

VIP Member
Omg the thing with the baby in series 4 was so so weird? obviously i think the whole scenerio was a bit deeper than the show made out but it felt like the audience was supposed to cheer her on for it and realistically i dont think she'd ever work with kids at all after that. they never mentioned it after series 5 so i guesenthey wanted us to forget lmao. I wonder if her son will be in the new series, he'd be year 7/8 I think
Yeah also her relationship with max tyler was so strange too

thegreencow

VIP Member
Back in may and andrews back
Very excited for this. Hopefully they don’t kill him off in the first episode. I’m interested to find out more history around Dexter’s life and when Andrew and Kim split so I really hope this is explored.

Apple In My Pie

VIP Member
The class of 2022…

Found this on Facebook. One of the cast is Adam Thomas’ niece Scarlett apparently. Girl in front row, brown hair, next to the girl in the red top. So I assume she’ll be playing Chlo and Donte’s daughter

D05D78D4-2D88-47B0-B76F-66193D597A2E.jpeg

Sazza25

VIP Member
I’m rewatching there originals just now and, I’m away this is going to sound really dumb 😂 but I had forgotten that Tom lost both izzie and Lorna….and then Sam and Chlo. Give the poor lad a break from death! I had especially forgotten just how close Lorna and Izzie’s deaths were

not sure it needs a spoiler because it’s mainly the original series but wanted to be safe!
Sam's death hit hard, I still cry each time I watch it, or tom and grantlys death, i adored grantlys

SheMyBestie

Kym mentioned on strictly last night that she is busy rehearsing whilst filming Waterloo Road. Are they filming the second season already as I thought they’d finished filming the first?

FunkyPhil

I’m loving Waterloo Road. The acting is definitely not great, bordering on terrible for some, but still enjoying it. Not a huge fan of Angela Griffin, don’t find her acting that great either. And also hating Kym Marsh, acting and character.

What do we think the deal is with Myles? Bi-polar maybe?

That ending! 😬
Angela Griffin is one of the stand out actor's of the current series for me. The other is Adam Thomas as caretaker Donte, I'd like to see him getting more storylines (I'm a couple of episodes behind so maybe he has!)

But I agree there aren't as many memorable characters such as Grantly, Tom, Chalky and the fabulous Audrey McFall, so brilliantly brought to life by Georgie Glen, as there were in earlier series - and that's just the tip of the iceberg!

groovygirl229

VIP Member
Rachel grows on you so much character development , she’s 100% the best but jack is close second then Karen . I can’t stand Scottish one Micheal I couldn’t love him like others and Christine and last head are average just didn’t get time to love them

thegreencow

VIP Member
I don't care who the new headteacher is, I'm just excited for the return of WR. I'm over the moon that Chlo and Donte are back and I guess Izzy will be a student at the school now.

I hope to see Scout back at some point. I'm still upset Tom can't return 😭

thegreencow

VIP Member
Seems like a bigger cast than before. I hope the younger cast are given more equal screen time like they were in the original series rather than Izzy dominating each episode and being shoved down our throats. I want the old Waterloo Road that I know and love back, not some hyped up drama or soap opera. I would also love it if the BBC released the entire series together on iPlayer.

No announcement of casting for now Dexter Campbell I see. Maybe Kim later had him adopted or he goes to a different school. Or there are more announcements to come.

I can see Chlo being an English teacher like Tom (RIP Tom, I'll never get over you being killed off) was. Katie looked like a teacher in the original photos that were released. Maybe Donte will be a PE/technology teacher.

When I read the press release I thought it sounded like a big cast but I went back to look at the student list for series 6, which I'm currently watching, and there were 16 students in that series. There are 15 students announced today.

The three executive producers are Cameron Roach, Gaynor Holmes and Jo McClellan. Two of those worked as executive producers on the original series; Jo is new but Cameron worked on series 7-8 and Gaynor series 4-8 and 10.

Last edited:
  • Heart