Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

HoneyBee29

VIP Member
I’m watching it again from season 1. I binged watched it for a few weeks after I had my daughter 2 years ago and feel like it was all a blur lol.

RJF

VIP Member
I zoomed in on Adam Thomas' script. It's for 17th December 2022 and I think it's for the fifth episode of the series so I'm guessing it's a November start.
The year on the script is 2021. It refers to the date that the script was published.

I imagine this will start in September.

Apple In My Pie

VIP Member
I only watched the tail end of WR in 2014/2015 when I was in my last year of school but I LOVED it. Never watched it from the beginning, think I was too young - but just started now, and it’s really enjoyable - I can’t wait to see the new series either :)

scottishgirl13

VIP Member
First episode always takes a bit of getting used to. I often feel it’s a let down from the last series ending. Classic Waterloo road bringing in new kids that have problems.

DrLoomis

My TV guide says that the new series has 22 episodes, so it looks like they are breaking it up into terms again.

pixieshix

Chatty Member
I loved cutting it ! My mum use to let me stay up and watch it . I may attempt to find it online and re watch 🤣

Fifah1907

VIP Member
They started filming end of Feb and isn’t it usually around a week to film an episode so 10 episodes - 10 weeks filming + time to edit (that’s on basis their doing 20 episodes with a break in between like they used to)

Anybody know if Heather Pearce (Nikki Boston) is returning? She always said she would want to come back for series 11 but that was 5+ years ago. Did like her/her character a lot, it was the representation I needed as a young queer confused girl

LOVE Nikki!!

Yeah I'm rewatching on and off and Tom was kind of perpetually moody unless he was shagging another teacher and he talked down to a lot of staff members as if he always knew best. I don't think they should've killed him off though.
I don’t think so either, but I guess he wanted to leave and they wouldn’t have ever left WR without dying. Bet he regrets is now he can’t come back 😂

Lord Voldemort

Does anyone know when the new series is going to air on TV? Tried watching Ackley Bridge but it's just...not Waterloo road. Lol.

yayoi

Just finished it - it's definitely not the same as the old series but it's been a long time since the golden era of WR so the context is bound to be different. I don't think it was bad - just not the same. I do wish there had been more original characters but maybe if/when they do more they could bring a few old faces back. If only they didn't kill off Tom, would've loved to see him back