Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

aaliyahplz

VIP Member
I don’t understand it either.

I’m not sure if they wanted to do some sort of coming of age storyline for Donte 🙃 like he’s always relied on Chlo and not he can’t 🤷🏻‍♀️
considering everything the characters have been through it's just so meh, they've killed off some iconic characters in the past but like if they HAD to do that maybe save it until later on? I honestly think they're trying to get the viewings up and needed something shocking to get people watching and then will use it to explore their kids storylines, but i think it's a horrible idea

HoneyBee29

VIP Member
Episode one has broke me already I can’t stop crying 🤣
I’ve just watched the first episode and I’d say for the most part, I really enjoyed it. I think what helped is I went into the episode with very low expectations. I hadn’t like what info had been released to the press about the reboot. I didn’t like the fact they only brought 3 characters back from the original series. It felt like they were using the name Waterloo Road as a way to entice a young audience who enjoyed the show during lockdown, into watching this entirely new show.

I thought the chemistry between Donte and Chlo was still brilliant. Their interactions felt very natural. I have to say, I’m completely and utterly baffled why they’ve chosen to kill her off. I hoped we would’ve moved past the days of WR killing off characters for pure shock value.

I think making Kim come back in the role of a headteacher was a wise move. It’s clear Angela Griffin was having a ball, playing her once again. I loved the mention of the LEA right at the beginning of the show, as I can remember how frequently this agency was mentioned in the show’s early days. Speaking of headteachers, I hope Rachel Mason pops in at some point, to visit the new school even if it’s just a flying visit.

I felt some of the political messages felt quite heavy-handed. I understand Waterloo Road was always known for tackling social issues and has time has moved on, these social issues have changed and evolved, but I felt the issues confronted in the first episode could’ve been handled with extra subtlety.

I think all of the new teaching staff are likeable so far. The acting is also very good. However, I have to say it seems we’re lacking any characters with eccentric personalities amongst the cast so far. There doesn’t seem to be a Grantley Budgen or Steph Haydock-type character in sight, which is slightly disappointing.

Overall, I enjoyed it much more than I thought I would. I loved the way this episode mirrored the show’s very first episode, via the riot, the school being in disarray, the employment of a behavioural unit on site and a death in the first episode. I’ll look forward to seeing how it pans out. I’m going to spread the episodes out over the course of a few days or weeks, rather than binge them all in one go, considering we’ve only got seven episodes so far. Apparently, all 22 episodes of this series accidentally ended up dropping on IPlayer earlier today for the briefest period of time. Can all discussion about episodes that haven’t aired on linear TV yet, be kept under spoiler tags just in case there’s some big shocks coming?
So there’s more than 7 episodes?

horsey1234

so I really liked WR, for all its faults, back in the day up until it moved to Scotland and I gave up on it

do you all think this new series more reflective of old-school WR (Pre Scotland) or Post-Scotland? Wondering if I should try watch it but I don't want it to disappoint. I have such fond memories of old-school WR and I would love for that to come back, but if it's a totally different show then it probably isn't for me anymore. I've read the spoilers already 😆

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
I bet the actor who played Tom is proper seething that he can’t return! 🤣 I’ve never seen him in anything since Waterloo road so he probably needs an acting gig! Tbf I think he’s a decent actor and I would have liked him back had they not bumped him off. He was a proper fan favourite so I bet the writers are kicking themselves that they killed him off
He was just in an episode of Death in Paradise, but one episode of that won't exactly pay well.

Gillybean42

VIP Member
I listened to a few episodes of the podcast last night and they said the whole season was on bbci player. I thought there would have been more than that in a season

Fifah1907

VIP Member
I’m rewatching there originals just now and, I’m away this is going to sound really dumb 😂 but I had forgotten that Tom lost both izzie and Lorna….and then Sam and Chlo. Give the poor lad a break from death! I had especially forgotten just how close Lorna and Izzie’s deaths were

not sure it needs a spoiler because it’s mainly the original series but wanted to be safe!

Kat5998

VIP Member
I’ve heard a rumour from a friend that series 11 will start on 17th May, however isn’t that a bit early for filming and editing to be done?

Scragbags

VIP Member
I've just finished all 10 series on iPlayer.. a bit of a slog towards the end I have to admit!

However I'm looking forward to how they bring it back, it's meant to be back in Manchester.
I'm currently half way through s6 and the slog is real.
I didnt realise there were 10 series like

The series I'm on is when bex is back and being harrased by her ex but I just don't understand why when she came back her mam wasn't like where have you been and what have you been doing?! I know she doesn't want her to run away again but you'd atleast want some answers 😐