Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

SophJohns

BBC Press release with details of who they'll be playing - just names rather than any storylines etc. Sounds and looks like they've got a mix of different year groups being followed, which is good! There is however no mention of Dexter, Kim's son, which is a bit of surprise! So unless he's at a different school, I do wonder if one storyline might be focussed around what has happened to him.

Somewhat relieved that Cheryl, Janeece's daughter, doesn't seem to have been cast. I did always quite like her character and was usually quite well meaning, but the character just became a bit dated to say the least.

Does anyone know what Chlo and Donte's roles are? I'm starting to think they're both coming back just as parents, rather than teachers/school staff.

Looking at what they're all wearing - my god I feel old.

Peachsquish

VIP Member
My entire school were in extras in the first series , I might pop it on just to spot everyone I know or knew back then .
This thread has reminded me , the guy who played jack. I use to watch him in a hairdressing program I think it was called cutting it ?? If anybody else can remember that ? I may have got the title wrong …
A relative of mine was an extra but from the 2nd series, haven’t spoken for a while but think she’s also an extra in the new series.

Miffy123

I’m on episode 3 of the latest series and Kai and Preston were holding hands and Samia said ‘good for you’, when did she find out they were together?

Kay's Good Cooking

Chatty Member
Do you think we'll get Series 13 this Autumn? By the trailer at the end of Series 12, it looks as if it's already been filmed. I also know they're now filming Series 14 in a newbuild school

I need my WR fix o_O

DigiDuino

I’ve been listening to ‘Everything From Nothing: The Waterloo Road podcast’ a lot.

they’re going through every episode with a new one every Friday, just started series 7. There’s also quite a few separate interviews with cast members!

I find it absolutely hilarious. They talk about forgotten storylines very often 😅

happymummy2

Chatty Member
Does anyone know where the new set for the show is? I know it’s being filmed in Manchester, but I’m talking about the actual school. Will it be a modern academy where the show is filmed or will it be akin to the old Rochdale school?

I’m disappointed at the fact the show isn’t airing this year, as I think it would’ve been brilliant if the show had relaunched in the week, that kids went back to school and it might have helped to build a younger audience for the show but I can’t say I’m surprised at the show’s airdate being delayed, considering there’s virtually no publicity around the show’s return at this moment.
The school in Rochdale from the first few series is no longer there it’s houses now

Pinball

I’m rewatching this at the min and I remember thinking Donte kind of redeemed himself but I’m on series 5 now so he’s left and he was just an arsehole 😂 I really wanted better for chlo. Toms not much better either.

aaliyahplz

VIP Member
I think it worked with Tina though because she’s always looked young.
She doesn’t look 39 now
i just think knowing that she was older put me off, most of the actors weren't well known or on other TV shows but yeah she did look young as did roxanne

after writing that comment I realised I'm 26 and I still look very close to how I did at 16 haha

HoneyBee29

VIP Member
I thought this too! It’s so unbelievable because his brother is so young he could be a primary school student so it’s weird they are at the same school!

WR lost its way when it moved to Scotland and I don’t think it’s found its way back yet. I miss the atmosphere in the older series where there was one gritty storyline per episode with other long term storylines rumbling on in the background. Now it feels like it’s just loads of luke warm background storylines and then every few eps someone remembers and sticks in a major storyline that is resolved in the hour.
Yea once it moved to Scotland I stopped watching but then once I heard it was coming back I finished watching them but yea they where no where near as good as they earlier seasons.

Fifah1907

VIP Member
They normally vaguely aired them in line with term times didn't they. So presumably you're right, and they will do the same again.
Yep. Makes sense for a school drama I guess 😂

I’ve seen up to the end of series 4 about 5 times and always stopped there for some reason. Watching the end of series 5 this time so I think I might actually make it to the end 😂😂

as someone says annoys me more that they used Chlo and Dante to promote the show coming back. TO KILL HER OFF FIRST EPISODE. I’m actually don’t get how this is a logical reasoning unless actress who plays chlo didn’t wanna do anymore. But she’s hardly massive actress so surely she’d have time to do series. Bascially fuming 😤
I know what you mean. They even had them on the one show tonight to promote it coming back