Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Merpedy

VIP Member
According to the TV guide Tuesdays episode was 1 of 22.
Have they finished filming all of those episodes? Maybe that's why there's a delay

My other thought was that they're releasing them in small batches to see whether it's worth fully comitting to the show financially

Bexybest

I've just finished all 10 series on iPlayer.. a bit of a slog towards the end I have to admit!

However I'm looking forward to how they bring it back, it's meant to be back in Manchester.

RJF

VIP Member
This show was always “bad” but it ranged from “bad but highly watchable” to “bad - I would rather watch paint dry”.

I hope it’s a bit more consistent this time around – I was so sick of a new series starting and half the storylines from the previous run going unresolved and many of the characters just vanishing into thin air.

I almost wish it returns with a more serious tone like Holby City or something. But I know that’s unlikely.

I was actually really sad when it ended because it became a massive part of my routine. It started when I was school and saw me through GCSEs, A Levels, university and then life beyond that. I was in my mid 20s when it finished but it felt like the last part of my teen years dying.

user12342626367374

Chatty Member
The only reason I can see them doing May is if there is a exam heavy storyline, which would kinda link in with the initial press release about having something to show the impact of covid on kids/schools. As this would be the first year exams are back to normal but it would really reduce the amount of time the current cast of kids could be used.

I actually quite liked Simon. On the whole I don't think Scotland was as bad as people remember it to be - if it had been a completely separate school. The ridiculousness of the move always tinged it and is one of the big reasons for a drop off in viewership. Even if filming had to move to Scotland they should have kept the location the same.
With Scotland when I watch it, I try and keep it separate and not compare to the Rochdale series. I preferred 9 to 8 but really couldn’t get into 10 especially the second half of the series. The teachers in Scotland i did actually quite like but the new students introduced (maybe with the exception of the Barry’s) were painful.

Gillybean42

VIP Member
Oh I never managed to watch all of Waterloo road as I started watching it too late and it was on one of the sky channels and I lost it somehow so off to YouTube I go!! Thanks!!
Also love ackley bridge!!

FunkyPhil

I've not seen any of the new series yet. Is it still based in Scotland?

My favourite teacher from the earlier series was the Audrey McFall, best head for me was Michael Byrne.