Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Fifah1907

VIP Member
i just finished ep 1

why would they do that? like i really don't understand what the point is of bringing back the characters and hyping them up, this is the first time we've seen them in 10+ years and we don't know what they've been up to just to do that? also how did she even die, I don't get it? honestly a really poor decision if I'm honest, no one is REALLY watching for all the new characters and storylines people wanted to see kim, chlo and donte if you're going to kill someone at least save that for the end of the series not ep 1, idk if they're relying on shock factor to get viewings but eh it's not good IMO I'm sure the know it's not going to be a popular decision to do that so early on
I don’t get it either 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 1

orlyb1310

VIP Member
We’re up to the middle of series 8 and just watched the episode where Kasey announces that she’s a boy. Im warming to Christine a lot more this time round - her acting during the alcoholism storyline has been really good. Still can’t get interested about Connor and Imogen. Love the Barrys - Barry Barry is actually hilarious when he wants to be. I think I liked Kevin more the first time round.

yayoi

Are there any articles about the full series? I could've sworn I saw it would be 20 or something eps (released according to terms i guess?) but there's no indication of this only being part 1 now and im confused as to if I imagined that. Surely it didn't take them this long with delays and stuff for 7 eps haha

user12342626367374

Chatty Member
I’ve heard a rumour from a friend that series 11 will start on 17th May, however isn’t that a bit early for filming and editing to be done?
They started filming end of Feb and isn’t it usually around a week to film an episode so 10 episodes - 10 weeks filming + time to edit (that’s on basis their doing 20 episodes with a break in between like they used to)

Anybody know if Heather Pearce (Nikki Boston) is returning? She always said she would want to come back for series 11 but that was 5+ years ago. Did like her/her character a lot, it was the representation I needed as a young queer confused girl

Merpedy

VIP Member
She’s gone off to do a road trip around America with Andrew and they’ll get married in Las Vegas because he’s got bowel cancer and Kelly Jo was saying to him about living his life since he doesn’t know how much time he’s got left. Kim is meant to be CEO of the academy trust next series though
It’s so corny I can’t even tell if this is serious and I’ve been catching episodes of the new season frequently

It wasn’t half bad so I may have to do a proper watch

• Haha

Hollaaa

VIP Member
Is that huge sports hall actually on-site? Are there any proper tours of the set (not the crap/over-produced iPlayer ones)
You can always just have a nosey around on good old Google maps on the satellite view setting. The school was called St Ambrose Barlow RC High School for most of its life, and Shaun Ryder went to school there. There might be more proper tours of it on YouTube under its old name.
Screenshot_20240105_205834_Maps.jpg

• Wow

SophJohns

I did see that! I wonder how many episodes we are gonna get in the first series back, I did read that production wanted at least 30 episodes a year but on Adams picture it only says episode 9 so I'm wondering if they're only airing 8 eps this time instead of 10...

I hope they don't change the theme tune 😢
I imagine they're filing ten at a time, as they usually film two episodes together. I am a bit surprised they're not making more use out of the longer days though, I remember being told it was a real pain in the winter months filming due to the short days.

tyrell123

Just finished watching. Don’t want to give any spoilers but got to say I feel for Preston. He desperately needs someone to really SEE him and what he’s going through. And also I like Donte in this caretaker role

SophJohns

Looking more and more like a September or early October release then, they've already started ADR(?). And I get the impression a second series has been commissioned as well?

This never happened in my school but the Educating series on Channel 4, one of the poorer areas had staff going to kids houses everyday to make sure they got to school

• Wow

SophJohns

Looks like there might be a death during the series, one of the cast posted a photo and there seemed to be flowers and a bear on the fence behind them

• Wow

mochibean

VIP Member
So, I’ve avoided this thread as I didn’t want to see spoilers.
I loved this season. So glad Treneman is back. My inner fan girl is shipping Kim & Andrew.
That kiss in the preview for next term 🥰

Without giving anything away, that ending 😮

I still think Samia’s mum is Eleanor Chaudry.

Loved the Grantly reference by Treneman.

Now off to binge Waterloo Road from the start for old school Kim & Andrew 🥰
I was such a fangirl for Kim and Andrew as well. Still am I've found myself getting so re-invested in them they were one of the best couples.

I'm only on episode 5 but so far this series has been miles better than s11, The characters have developed a lot and I've enjoyed the storylines a lot more, and I also enjoyed the references to Grantley, Steph and Mika,

• Heart
I don't know whether it's a hangover from filming with covid restrictions but a lot of the scenes feel a bit lacking in noise and atmosphere - I might be mis-remembering a bit, but I'm sure the old series' had loads more extras in the background, lots more noise, and felt a bit more like a school

I'm quite enjoying it though but some of the storylines are a bit boring. The teenage actors are really impressive though - they put some of the wooden adult actors to shame
I don’t think you’ve remembered wrong. That’s how I remember it too.
This doesn’t feel like a real school