Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Merpedy

VIP Member
If they only finished filming at the end of July/beginning of this month, if we go by the IG post posted here, I'd think the editing and whatever else would take a bit

Apparently the Eastenders episodes are filmed 6 to 8 weeks in advance (one article has it as a whole 12) so late September/early October date would fit

Reactions: 2

yayoi

Whenever things are going wrong for Kim I keep thinking if only Andrew were around to help - they always worked best together. She's a bit of a crap head, bring Mr Rimmer back!

Fifah1907

VIP Member
I’m rewatching this at the min and I remember thinking Donte kind of redeemed himself but I’m on series 5 now so he’s left and he was just an arsehole 😂 I really wanted better for chlo. Toms not much better either.

I loved Tom when I first watched it as a kid but I watched it back a wee while ago (at 25) and he just annoyed me 😂

I hope its like the earky series of Waterloo Road, I know it's probably won't and issues seem different as I was high school during that time so direct experience. But I didn't find the newer series of Akley Bridge enjoyable at all, trying to cover too much issues or maybe I'm just the wrong audience now!

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
The year on the script is 2021. It refers to the date that the script was published.

I imagine this will start in September.
They normally vaguely aired them in line with term times didn't they. So presumably you're right, and they will do the same again.

Snoopy_988

It was never gonna be the same it first aired 16 years ago. Life has changed so has society. I think this new series is much better as it has more realistic storylines and more relatable characters.
Sorry but don't share your opinions regardless if it was 16 years ago as 16 years ago couldn't wait to tune in.
Even the funeral wasn't even realistic no Dontae dad or Chlo real dad or even Mika at the funeral, also what was the point of bringing Chlo back to kill her off in the second episode.
But nevertheless will watch one more episode to see if I still share the same views.

Lollypad

VIP Member
The bloody one with pink hair can’t remember her name yet😆 Amy maybe?? Just gave her first aid but didn’t send her to hospital😖
to be fair she did say “you should go get an X-ray”

I don’t know why but Rachel Lesckovac annoys me in EVERYTHING she’s in. I really like her when she does interviews but can’t stand her characters 😂

groovygirl229

VIP Member
This second season didn’t really make me happy or sad, more of a good background watch. That blonde boy did my head in throughout.

SingingMonkeyTunes

I've started listening to the Everything From Nothing Waterloo Road podcast. If you are a fan it's quite good, easy listen and brings back a lot of memories.

LowCalCalzoneZone

VIP Member
I don't know whether it's a hangover from filming with covid restrictions but a lot of the scenes feel a bit lacking in noise and atmosphere - I might be mis-remembering a bit, but I'm sure the old series' had loads more extras in the background, lots more noise, and felt a bit more like a school

I'm quite enjoying it though but some of the storylines are a bit boring. The teenage actors are really impressive though - they put some of the wooden adult actors to shame

SophJohns

There could be a few kids from the children/siblings of students in the earlier series. There's lots of opportunity here.
- Izzie Charles (Chlo and Donte's daughter) would be 12/13 now. She may also have a sibling.
- Lauren Drummond seems to be free at the moment and I expect she will return as Mika. I think Thomas Payne might be living in America so they will have to recast for a Brett return. Brett and Mika could've easily had a child within the couple of years after they left, although I imagine they would've been born after Chlo left or the baby would've been mentioned. Mika and Brett's child could be in year 7/8 now.
- Cheryl Bryant (Janeece's daughter) would be around 12.
- Prince Kelly (Sam, Denzil and Earl's little brother) would be 15/16/17. I wonder if the school will still have a 6th form.
- Dannielle Harker could return as a businesswoman with a couple of kids, one in primary school and the other starting at WR. I's watching the original run on Iplayer at the moment and am loving Danielle.
- Kim has a son (now 12/13) so I imagine he will appear in the new series. I know Kim 'adopted' another child in Rwanda but I think she was taken back there by her biological father.
All the possible 'kids' judging by instagram would be too old for the above with the exception of Prince Kelly if they were to go down that route. I'd love to see Rose back in a recurring capacity but don't think it'll happen.

Can see Chlo potentially making a cameo or at least being mentioned (never liked how neither were mentioned at the very least when Tom died), but imagine Brett just wouldn't be in the picture.

I think, basing it on series year (I know a couple of the series were slightly longer/got a bit muddled time wise) Kim's son would be starting year 7. If I remember correctly one of the reasons they've brought it back is to represent how schools have been impacted by covid. So this could potentially be quite a good storyline.

It does feel like Cheryl's daughter is going to be present based on rumours of her her making an appearance - not sure how I feel about that though.

Hopefully they get the blend right with links to old characters and completely new characters!