Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I agree. I think the original series was more authentic. There’s a lot of box ticking in the new series. Although I can’t remember if racism, for example, was addressed in the past series.
Angela Griffin stands out a mile because she is the only decent actor now. There’s a few nepo babies in this series and I don’t rate them!
Who do you mean apart from Scarlett Thomas and Teddy Thomas if he’s even going to be in series 2?
Any there others?

Reactions: 2
Did anyone else used to love this show?? All series have been uploaded to YouTube and I’m currently making my way through the whole thing. The earlier seasons are my favourite ones.

Just as an aside, if you liked this show then you’d enjoy Ackley Bridge on channel 4!
Love Ackley Bridge ❤

Ohhh might have to rewatch waterloo road now 😊

mochibean

VIP Member
What on Earth having they been doing for the past year, if the show is only back for seven episodes? I don’t even understand why the show’s initial release date of Autumn this year, if it’s only back for a small number of eps. It’s not like it would’ve taken long to film.
No clue but it better be worth the extra wait.

SophJohns

I have a feeling he will have the role of caretaker. He looks like a caretaker to me.

I'm excited to see what school they choose. I think the BBC bought an old school for the original series (both Manchester and Scotland) so I imagine they will go down a similar route this time.
Looks like he'll be playing a police officer!

According to initial reports they'll be filming in Salford rather than Rochdale, so I had a quick google of recent school shows filmed in that area. Looks like the 4 O'clock club was, and finished in the past couple of years, so wouldn't be surprised if they were using one of the schools they used for that. I think I know which one, but not sure if they're wanting filming locations too public just yet!

Fifah1907

VIP Member
I bet the actor who played Tom is proper seething that he can’t return! 🤣 I’ve never seen him in anything since Waterloo road so he probably needs an acting gig! Tbf I think he’s a decent actor and I would have liked him back had they not bumped him off. He was a proper fan favourite so I bet the writers are kicking themselves that they killed him off

guarantee she will have some sort of cameo. No doubt about it.
Jason Done keeps popping up in wee things I’ve watched the last couple of weeks having not seen him in anything since . I’ve seen him in 3 things I’ve watched 😂😂 but yeah nothing like Tom 😅

Fifah1907

VIP Member
I'm currently rewatching them all and I don't het why when somebody leaves they are never spoken of again, what happened with Eddie him and Rachel were together then in the next season she's getting married to a new man after week🤣 and where did matt go?
Matt moved to a private school, I think that’s mentioned at some point? The Eddie one is weird though 😂

yayoi

I do think Kim is an iconic and great character but WOW she was awful when she came back after she first left
Omg the thing with the baby in series 4 was so so weird? obviously i think the whole scenerio was a bit deeper than the show made out but it felt like the audience was supposed to cheer her on for it and realistically i dont think she'd ever work with kids at all after that. they never mentioned it after series 5 so i guesenthey wanted us to forget lmao. I wonder if her son will be in the new series, he'd be year 7/8 I think

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
I did see that! I wonder how many episodes we are gonna get in the first series back, I did read that production wanted at least 30 episodes a year but on Adams picture it only says episode 9 so I'm wondering if they're only airing 8 eps this time instead of 10...

I hope they don't change the theme tune 😢
Oh god, if they change the theme tune, waterloo road will be dead. That cannot change. It just can't. Such a great track.

orlyb1310

VIP Member
I loved Tom when I first watched it as a kid but I watched it back a wee while ago (at 25) and he just annoyed me 😂
Yeah I'm rewatching on and off and Tom was kind of perpetually moody unless he was shagging another teacher and he talked down to a lot of staff members as if he always knew best. I don't think they should've killed him off though.

• Haha