Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

RosePetals

Chatty Member
I remember when I was younger think I would sell my soul to look like Chlo :LOL:

Going to start tonight, looked on iPlayer, are there only 7 episodes this whole series or are they releasing them in batches?

Also wonder why they've relaunched it as series 1. Maybe to attract new viewers who then won't think they have to watch all previous 10 seasons :unsure:

I know it was announced ages ago but I'm so surprised Kim is back. Didn't think you could work in a school again after trafficking a child

Reactions: 3

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
Apparently they're relocating to a new build school after the next series. Unlike the Rochdale set, there's nothing memorable about the one used for the new series imo
It's too small and doesn't give the right feel of a secondary school. So would be good for them to move location. And given how many schools are new builds these days, wouldn't be the worst decision to make.

SophJohns

Kym mentioned on strictly last night that she is busy rehearsing whilst filming Waterloo Road. Are they filming the second season already as I thought they’d finished filming the first?
I've seen reports that they're doing like 40 episodes (might be a slight exaggeration) but seemed like quite a commitment has been made! I got the impression it was a single series, might be split into parts though. Why I'm a bit surprised it doesn't look like any of it is airing until next year. Hoping it's not a bad sign!

lozza96

VIP Member
Think even though ive watched the whole series im still going to watch it each week just to help with the viewing figures so it comes back 😆

Kat5998

VIP Member
What happened to Kim?

I've not kept up with the new series, yeah it's decent but its schools and society have changed so much since the OG and I'm also not 14 anymore. I used to be so excited on a Thursday evening, it was my dedicated WLR time. Then I'd ring my friends on the landline and we'd chat for an hour about the episode.
She’s gone off to do a road trip around America with Andrew and they’ll get married in Las Vegas because he’s got bowel cancer and Kelly Jo was saying to him about living his life since he doesn’t know how much time he’s got left. Kim is meant to be CEO of the academy trust next series though

lozza96

VIP Member
Im on episode 4 but im loving it .however i dislike the teacher who caused the accident she annoys me .also what shes been in before ?

groovygirl229

VIP Member
We never saw chlo or mika dad after season one which always made me laugh. Wasn’t even at his daughters funeral 🤣

• Haha

FunkyPhil

I've just watched the first episode of the new series. I thought Angela Griffin was excellent as the new head, Kim Campbell.

user12342626367374

Chatty Member
I've come to the conclusion whilst I'm currently watching season 8 that they should just forgot about season 8 onwards and basically this new series should come after season 7 and carry on from there .forget that tom,grantly and denzil died 😆 the ones after season 7 are just astonshing
I found season 9 better than season 8 but season 10 was awful especially the second half.

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
This has made me feel weird like I need to delete my browsing history or something idk
It's a bit much isn't it.

He has a an actor friend Luke Youngblood who some of you might also remember as Lee Jordan from Harry Potter or Ben from Tracy Beaker. Also, rather a lot.

This is what LA does to normal sensible British actors. 😆

9d833430385b4b43893ca1272baf22ff_313879543_508087334577899_5249974585442004436_n.jpg

• Wow

Kay's Good Cooking

Chatty Member
Grantly’s solution to any issue in the early episodes: a boozy lunch 😏🥃

Also amused me when Max had Grantly dispose of the alcohol which Paul and Bolton had snuck into school, knowing full well where it’d end up... 😵

• Haha

thegreencow

VIP Member
I actually enjoyed this series but maybe it’s because I’m still on the wave of excitement about it being back 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 2

yayoi

Had no idea Scarlett's mum was Bex from WR! Obviously better known as Sarah

fudgebox

VIP Member
I’ve just seen the amazing news!! I’m so excited I loved Waterloo Road, I rewatched it all a few months ago!