Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Gillybean42

VIP Member
We’re up to the middle of series 8 and just watched the episode where Kasey announces that she’s a boy. Im warming to Christine a lot more this time round - her acting during the alcoholism storyline has been really good. Still can’t get interested about Connor and Imogen. Love the Barrys - Barry Barry is actually hilarious when he wants to be. I think I liked Kevin more the first time round.
The storyline of Kasey being a boy annoyed me because it didn’t go anywhere. I’m sure she did an episode of being called a boys name, I can’t remember what it was. Then she decided she was called Kasey again and then we never heard about it again. They could have done so much with a storyline like that but it was if they changed their mind about that one and decided she was gonna be a boxer instead!

Reactions: 3

SophJohns

The storyline of Kasey being a boy annoyed me because it didn’t go anywhere. I’m sure she did an episode of being called a boys name, I can’t remember what it was. Then she decided she was called Kasey again and then we never heard about it again. They could have done so much with a storyline like that but it was if they changed their mind about that one and decided she was gonna be a boxer instead!
It was a bit of an odd storyline and I do wonder if they took the feedback from the one-off Rochdale storyline when Sam had cancer and decided to go for it. I feel like the Rochdale one was probably better handled with the exception it was a one-off character.

I've got a feeling there will be at least one non-binary character in the new series - hopefully it's done well!

Agree with stories being better developed on the whole than with Rochdale but feel they went through pupils a lot quicker than Rochdale so never got quite as attached to them. I'll always be annoyed they after a great (in a horrible way) storyline with Sam's cancer and death it never really continued afterwards. Same with Maxine (although that storyline was ridiculous). Grief lasts longer than the immediate aftermath and even back then felt like something really important to show.

scottishgirl13

VIP Member
Tina o Brien fuming at the headlines about Scarlet being casted being of Adam being her uncle
There would always be negative press about them casting two Thomas children.
Tommy was only in 2 episodes and was to be a nod to Tom clarkson. It worked IMO being Adam’s son he was relaxed with him and Scarlett (izzy).

Angela Griffin’s husband is in WR so wonder if they’ll be slating that too.

SophJohns

Hoping the casting for the students gets announced soon, will give a better idea of what years they're focussing on. Instagram has helped me to work out some of them but they're all on the older side, which makes sense with it being instagram.

pommynoir

VIP Member
I’m trying to finish off all of the previous series before the start. Can’t get through an episode without crying ffs 😭

but I’ve just got to Roxanne Pallets arrival, can’t stand her. I can’t remember any of it this time round so I’m hoping she’s not in it long - her face infuriates me after big brother.

Kat5998

VIP Member
to be fair she did say “you should go get an X-ray”

I don’t know why but Rachel Lesckovac annoys me in EVERYTHING she’s in. I really like her when she does interviews but can’t stand her characters 😂
I’m already pissed off with her character for what she’s done lol

Sazza25

VIP Member
After watching all of the new series (I won’t spoil it, I caught up with them all on iPlayer) I decided to rewatch the earlier episodes
I didn’t realise how much of an ar$3h0l3 Grantly was in series 1!
I began watching Waterloo road around series 8, and I remember loving grantly and being really sad when he died .. I don’t remember him being that nasty in the later series he was in?!
Grantly was awful in series one to 3, after that he seemed to mellow and I loved him!

I thought this too! It’s so unbelievable because his brother is so young he could be a primary school student so it’s weird they are at the same school!

WR lost its way when it moved to Scotland and I don’t think it’s found its way back yet. I miss the atmosphere in the older series where there was one gritty storyline per episode with other long term storylines rumbling on in the background. Now it feels like it’s just loads of luke warm background storylines and then every few eps someone remembers and sticks in a major storyline that is resolved in the hour.
Me too. Like the boy who couldn’t stop peeing himself and the pregnant girl who said Jack was the father

SophJohns

Anything is possible but I'd be a bit surprised as I feel it would have been announced by now, and they already have around the number of teachers/staff you would expect - based on the original series.

Granted, I'm not sure it has been announced what roles Chlo and Donte have (may be wrong!) so it might be only one of them is a teacher or perhaps neither.

What I prefer about this series compared to the previous 10 is there not throwing new random storylines in half way through a really big one, that always put me off

mochibean

VIP Member
It just seems so random lmao
What happened to Kim?

I've not kept up with the new series, yeah it's decent but its schools and society have changed so much since the OG and I'm also not 14 anymore. I used to be so excited on a Thursday evening, it was my dedicated WLR time. Then I'd ring my friends on the landline and we'd chat for an hour about the episode.

I think it would be better with a brand new headteacher someone who hasn’t been in it before. Kim is such a poor choice she was really annoying already 🤣 happy about donte and chlo though!

hrh89

VIP Member
Loved Waterloo Road. It was never the same after all they went to Scotland. It was also never the same after Rachel Mason left, best Headteacher Waterloo Road ever had!
I’m currently on series seven with Karen fisher as head and wow she is so boring!! I don’t care about her or her family. It really lost its way after Rachel left.
I loved Rachel and I loved Jack too. Those two were the best!