Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

user12342626367374

Chatty Member
Looking more and more like a September or early October release then, they've already started ADR(?). And I get the impression a second series has been commissioned as well?
Someone said they read second week of September on Instagram.

also does it annoy anyone else that it’s not gonna be series 11 but series 1

Reactions: 3

wideopenspace

Chatty Member
I've binged the series but something doesn't quite click. Very heavy focus on particular groups of students but then lacking the school feel with lots of others in the background until the last episode. I appreciate the additional costs but I feel it should look/feel busier. I assume the next series has already been filmed due to some comments tillie Amartey on the one show.

Maxcident

Does anyone know where the new set for the show is? I know it’s being filmed in Manchester, but I’m talking about the actual school. Will it be a modern academy where the show is filmed or will it be akin to the old Rochdale school?

I’m disappointed at the fact the show isn’t airing this year, as I think it would’ve been brilliant if the show had relaunched in the week, that kids went back to school and it might have helped to build a younger audience for the show but I can’t say I’m surprised at the show’s airdate being delayed, considering there’s virtually no publicity around the show’s return at this moment.

Kay's Good Cooking

Chatty Member
I like Kim’s PA/school secretary - glad she’s not a spanner (thinking of Lorraine’s sister 🤒...)

My only complaint is that the cinematography is a bit jarring in places (lots of close-ups/blurring), so those first few establishing scenes lacked the punch of the original use of ‘I Predict a Riot’. Might be due to filming restrictions 🤷‍♀️ only halfway through ep. 1 though

Overall, incredibly glad to see the show back 💛

Mayday

VIP Member
Finished watching the new series and it was alright:

Hated Myles, but I was kind of surprised at how much he went off the deep end? I get he wasn't liked and thought he was 'better' than everyone, but I wasn't expecting him to go from that to setting fire to the school. I thought maybe he'd have some sort of redemption or just leave.

Its sad that Danny died. I know WR had a lot of deaths but I don't think it was necessary to have another so soon. Its a shame as he was turning things around and I think that would've been an interesting arc, especially with Val hiding the knife.

Loved seeing Andrew again but I was expecting him to be in all the episodes rather than just a couple.

I think the whole Joe and his partner fostering the two brothers was my fav storyline.

Okgolightly

VIP Member
Decided to watch it for the nostalgia and quite enjoyed it! Scarlett Thomas is a good little actress and handled some of the heavier stuff well I thought. I was in floods of tears through the first 3 episodes which is unlike me I usually have a heart of stone 🤣

Gillybean42

VIP Member
Whenever things are going wrong for Kim I keep thinking if only Andrew were around to help - they always worked best together. She's a bit of a crap head, bring Mr Rimmer back!
Mr Rimmer was my favourite…. He wasn’t on Waterloo road for long enough!

I was trying to work out where I’d seen Vinnie before . I then remembered he’s Angela Griffin’s husband.

I liked that the scene when Lindon realised he’s not cut out for the job was just like what happened to Jack in the original

Last edited:
  • Wow

Scragbags

VIP Member
He died in Series 9. Maybe he will come back as a ghost 🤣👻

If only they didn't kill Tom off too, he was an integral character.
Aw shit I'm only up to series 8 on my rewatch and they're both still alive 🙈
I must have missed it first time round.

Oh well maybe they can roam the halls harry potter style

• Haha

Bostonx

VIP Member
I was rewatching then I suddenly remembered when a main character dies and i felt so sad 😭😭. Won’t say who incase anyone’s watching for the first time. Also Chelsea Healy who plays Janeece obviously older now but looks unrecognisable as a teen

Talking about trashy tv I loved footballers wives and bad girls 😂

Apple In My Pie

VIP Member
Aw I’m not really a fan of Kim, I’m on S4 now where she’s returned after leaving in S2 and she really grates on me, she seems very sour. I don’t think she’ll be a very good new head

fudgebox

VIP Member
I’m so annoyed poor Chlo! As if you wouldn’t go to hospital if you got hit by a car, haven’t we learned from Derek in greys anatomy to always get a head scan!!

thegreencow

VIP Member
Hoping the casting for the students gets announced soon, will give a better idea of what years they're focussing on. Instagram has helped me to work out some of them but they're all on the older side, which makes sense with it being instagram.
There could be a few kids from the children/siblings of students in the earlier series. There's lots of opportunity here.
- Izzie Charles (Chlo and Donte's daughter) would be 12/13 now. She may also have a sibling.
- Lauren Drummond seems to be free at the moment and I expect she will return as Mika. I think Thomas Payne might be living in America so they will have to recast for a Brett return. Brett and Mika could've easily had a child within the couple of years after they left, although I imagine they would've been born after Chlo left or the baby would've been mentioned. Mika and Brett's child could be in year 7/8 now.
- Cheryl Bryant (Janeece's daughter) would be around 12.
- Prince Kelly (Sam, Denzil and Earl's little brother) would be 15/16/17. I wonder if the school will still have a 6th form.
- Dannielle Harker could return as a businesswoman with a couple of kids, one in primary school and the other starting at WR. I's watching the original run on Iplayer at the moment and am loving Danielle.
- Kim has a son (now 12/13) so I imagine he will appear in the new series. I know Kim 'adopted' another child in Rwanda but I think she was taken back there by her biological father.