Volodymyr Zelenskyy the President of Ukraine

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hope you're right - I'm just a bit depressed by it all (it's triggering some very painful memories), and I have Jewish family who are grimly fatalistic about all this.

I am amazed that the knitting world hasn't come up with a Zelenskyy plushie or crochet model.

Edit: ffs. I've just found a pattern for a pair of pro-Ukraine mittens. Might have to get some blue and yellow wool this weekend.

Reactions: 13
I feel you. I'm Jewish atheist much like Zelensky so yeah, Never Again. I'm also half Japanese and the Japanese American family across the street were interned in a camp during WW2. None of this is good; it's heartbreaking. All this for one crazy egotistical madman just history repeating itself. It always does.

Heartbreaking to watch, but his resolve is incredible. And showing true strength, not the alpha male macho nonsense of so many business and world leaders

Reactions: 23
The minute that Zelensky told Biden that he could stick his “ride” I fell in love. Such loyalty to his people. Such bravery when it would be so easy for him to walk. Love him.

Reactions: 19
Anyone have a link to the outakes from his knob playing the piano? Asking for a friend
There are a few do you want the Hava Nagila or the other one? Since I am a Jewtheist here ya go:
Those dudes are the same ones as in the bondage dance video.

I've been watching Russian soldiers on TikTok. There are hundreds of videos;
Boys on cel phones either documenting the lies they were told or the atrocities they were asked to perform; basically the whole myriad of war horrors.
This is miraculous; technology may be as significant in changing the tide of this war as much as any other military hardware. It's more powerful than a bomb; it's a cluster of information that previous times were hidden behind walls of propaganda .

Keyboard warriors unite for freedom and peace
What Anonymous is doing is massive; they've got Russian hackers too. If we can hack into their shit they are TOAST.

Fucking Ankles didn't count on things like Gen Z; the kids are helping win this.
Let's get the world's most powerful Army on them; the BTS Army. They helped fuck Trump; make no mistake they will fucking join in and then watch the chaos they create.
We Gen Xers raised these Gen Z and the good ones are brilliant.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
He and the Klitschko brothers are doing an excellent job media-wise with their social media and Instagram videos. And all 3 are top of the Russian 'hit list'. The fact that the Klitschko's have a world-wide audience anyway, is bringing more attention to what the Russian's are doing to the people of the Ukraine.

Reactions: 20
I caught an interview with him on CNN last night where he was speaking perfect English, not sure if it was filmed before or after the invasion because I missed the start of it. But he speaks perfect, fluent English!
Good to know thanks, I won't have to learn Ukrainian now to converse with my future husband (once he's divorced)

Reactions: 18
Zelensky is like the male lead character from a Hollywood action movie.

I actually think they will make a movie about him.

Zelensky is like the male lead character from a Hollywood action movie.

I actually think they will make a movie about him.
There was an article in the New York Post saying fans want Jeremy Renner to play him in a film (it didn't specify if these were fans of Zelenskyy, Renner, or the war itself)

Reactions: 8
There was an article in the New York Post saying fans want Jeremy Renner to play him in a film (it didn't specify if these were fans of Zelenskyy, Renner, or the war itself)
I had to Google him, they do look alike.

Reactions: 5
I said that Zelensky reminded me of Hawkeye when I first noticed him in that photo with the body armour.

Reactions: 7
Like every other woman in the world I've fallen in love with this man

Reactions: 12
Is the Russian businessman a character from Austin Powers? $1 million doesn't seem like much
The rest of the world can chip in a quid each to bump it up a bit, payable after the job has been done.

Reactions: 11
I came back to say Fuck Israel for not sending Mossad and being wet noodles.
Here's a chance to save him but they've left him for dead. I'm done with them. The world will remember.

Putin, China, Trump & Israel are clearly all in bed together. Now we know the Good Guy is the Bad Guy and the movies are lies; this war confirmed it.

The rest of the world can chip in a quid each to bump it up a bit, payable after the job has been done.
Oh ma gawd. Can we do a Go Fund Me?

Reactions: 6
I've been off Tattle all day (just felt very flat and deflated today) but popped on to check notifications etc. I am personally so glad you started this thread and as you said it's not just for thirsting over him, but the respect, admiration and awe so many have for him. In an earlier thread on the Russia Ukraine discussion, I remember writing how I didn't think that there were any stoic leaders in the West to face down Putin. I completely take that back because Zelenskyy has not only given strength, hope morale and rallied the Ukrainians to fight for their land and human dignity, but he has shown the whole world what it truly means to be a leader, to love your people and your country. I don't remember any other leader in recent times being that courageous. No one - as far as I know - has been disrespectful to Zelenskyy and much of what we post on here is light-hearted with the intention to cheer each other up. For those who want to brand this thread as 'distasteful' should stay off it and mind their own business. Life is too short to behave in such a pedantic, finger-wagging manner!

LOL like a global whip round

Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.