Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

JillZarin

Chatty Member
The whole christening thing is a whole charade anyway, it was only an excuse for a piss up - just have a party and be done with it. Vogue holds no religious significance toward a godmother (or I) and her children having any relationship with the church until they are old enough to make that decision thwmselves so why would she really give a fuck who was there or who wasn't!!! I think it was more about a funny story than Vogue actually really caring about it and they got a pod out of it and God knows they're struggling for CoNtEnT these days.

Reactions: 12

Glamgal01

I liked let's solve nothing but muireann is seriously unfunny and very dorky or something. Used to cringe at her. Love Joanne she's gas and relatable but I do find it funny listening to her talking about cheating husbands and the other woman etc as its well known that she had an affair with pj Gallagher when he was in a long term relationship. They broke up over it and all

• Wow

Tellyawhat

I've just binged all the Lets solve nothing podcast while I was travelling its so good.. Muireann and Joanne have such good chemistry and much fresher ideas and conversation, It's miles ahead of the last 20 episodes of MTGM in my opinion.

puffin15

I liked let's solve nothing but muireann is seriously unfunny and very dorky or something. Used to cringe at her. Love Joanne she's gas and relatable but I do find it funny listening to her talking about cheating husbands and the other woman etc as its well known that she had an affair with pj Gallagher when he was in a long term relationship. They broke up over it and all
What??? 😱 I never knew this!

• Wow

Tellyawhat

I spend about 12 hours a day listening to podcats. I wouldn't subscribe to the likes of Joanne and Vogue, they have a pretty decent income and only use the pod to keep themselves relevant. It's the live shows that will generate money for the pod.
There are some really good smaller podcasts out there that do everything themselves and their content is amazing and they put in a huge amount of effort to each show, these are the people that deserve patreon money .
Sorry to derail but any good podcast recommendations?

• Heart

forgotmyacc

VIP Member
I’ll never not laugh when thinking about Joanne saying COM-bat-aTIVE ala Damien Dempsey … so so so funny
My funniest moment was Joanne ripping the piss out of vogue for flying the lobster home in one of the earlier pods. I was howling 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Heart

heyyyyitsme

Chatty Member
I think Sam Thompson or another man should present the next season. As much as I don't think Laura is fit for the job, I think any woman they had put in there would have been compared to Caroline and that's a huge amount of pressure especially considering the tragic circumstances. Anyone would be bound to lose their passion for it. But I think a man would be great to give it a little face-lift/shake up that it needs. Sorry to derail!

Mooordgirl

VIP Member
I feel like the chemistry has been off with Vogue and Joanne for a while now. It’s seeming way more forced.
If its as forced as we think, it must be such a pain in the hole for them. They are doing so much better together than they ever did apart. They need that podcast to keep going and to stay relevant. Personally i think it could do with a re-brand or re-think. Them just shooting the breeze was fine during covid, but a guest each week or different defined weekly segments would give it better structure. Also given Vogue is mad to be a presenter, a more structured pod would position her better towards that goal

Sineadmc85

I'd be hurt if my child's godmother rocked on like that. Also thought it was weird in the pod last wk when Joanne referenced the christening and Vogue said 'are you still coming'. It was like there was potential for her to let Vogue down at the last minute. It seems like this gig wasn't that important to Joanne.

• Sad

Ingognito.Queen

VIP Member
Hilarious how everyone suddenly seems to think Joanne is some sort of patron saint of perfection who lowers herself to deal with Vogue

And Vogue is some boring, terrible hag, who's leeching off of Joanne's success 😂 😂 😂.
I don't think its a sudden thing - Joanne was always the more likable of the 2.

NoseyNiamh

VIP Member
Yeah but that’s not really my issue we’d all be making an effort to the event either way and not turning up raggedy but why do people care that Pippa might judge Joanne or Vogue in general, the approval of toffee nosed snobs is not something I’d ever want to seek 😂 like if I was ever in circles with Pippa via stuff like this and I heard she didn’t like my personality or thought I was too loud or common or something something it would be water off a duck’s back cos they’re not the kind of people I’d be similar to or looking for approval from
I think only one person mentioned Pippa 🤣 you've talked about her more.

• Haha

Puffin

VIP Member
I think he is only with her for clout. If this was 2/3 years ago and she wasn't at the height of her fame I'm not sure he would have looked twice at her.

Really hope for Joanne's sake I am completely wrong and way off the mark

SozBbz

VIP Member
Yeah - apparently it was a 'no ring, no bring' situation, but Vogue's rep said at the time -

"Vogue has a prior engagement in her diary on the date of the wedding, but wishes Pippa and James all the best on their special day,"

😂

Yeah it was all very fast when you look at the timeline -
Spenny & Vogue met on the Jump Feb 2017, got engaged in Jan 2018, married in June 2018 and Theodore was born Sept 2018.
LOL, there is no prior engagement significant enough to keep Vogue away from Pipppa and James wedding if she had even a sniff of an invite - absolute BS from her publicist, she wasn’t invited because they hardly knew her.

Ingognito.Queen

VIP Member
Prioritising Botox appointments above a kid you’re supposed to stand for, it’s so snotty. It’s like she really did take there being a second godmother to heart and this was her retaliation. Just didn’t give enough of a shit to be there. It’s mean.
The podcast feels like when a female friendship is on the rocks that really uneasy feeling. Vogue is the one trying to be so happy go lucky and laughing off the jibes but Joanne is really letting the mask slip.
It's giving Itgalz vibes 😂

• Haha
  • Sad