Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Ellamay87

VIP Member
Where are all these christening pics? All I can see is Joanne's grid pic but I was out on the sesh for most of the weekend like Joanne by the looks of things so wasn't on insta much.

Edit to say I scrolled back. Jesus theee
is a bang of Joan Rivers or Joclyn Wildenstein off Joanne is those pics lay off the injectable, booze and quaver, get some sleep and eat a few decent meals. She looks like she's on a serious 3 day comedown and hasn't showered.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 15

maryfleabag

Chatty Member
As
She is really showing how lacking in any intelligence she is Vogue. How sickening how easy she’s raking money in and her so thick.
this is a rave about I’m going to object ! Since when is biblical knowledge linked to intelligence. 🙄

bottlebin

Guys I really like the pod but the sound quality is atrocious, does anyone else find that Vogue is either shouting or really hard to hear in parts? Listened to today's extra pod in the car and had to adjust the volume about 40 times it was painful!!!! Joe if you read this sort it out please mate or give those gals some Britney head mics😭 my poor ears

heyyyyitsme

Chatty Member
Joanne is very engaging to listen to. Any pod I’ve ever heard her on I’ve been left wanting to hear more from her. She has the perfect balance of being witty and smart. I genuinely think she is so talented and doesn’t even realise how talented she is. I could listen to her for hours but I get fed of up listening to witless and tittles Vogue after about five minutes. She told the Knock story AGAIN today on the pod after only speaking about it on her pod with Spencer a few days ago. Someone seriously needs to sit her down and tell her how painful she has become and how she will be the cause of the podcast going poof, because Joanne is about three episodes away from being sick of her shit and leaving
Agree 100% I would love Joanne to do a Tommy Tiernan style show (be it podcast or radio) where she speaks to people from all walks of life. She is so talented and has such a thirst for knowledge, like going to learn about hieroglyphics for the lols on her day off. I can't wait to read her book.

• Heart

Snowjoke

VIP Member
Do you reckon are Prada Peter and Joanne actually going halves on everything? I hope he's not riding her as a gravy train.. She must have some serious crash after all the gigs she's done this year. I don't begrudge her money she's worked for it I just hope she's not spending it all on him.
I’d say vogue has her well schooled on the money front 🤣

• Haha

ahtisyourself

VIP Member
Agree she was taking the piss out of the islanders which I loved but it wasn't landing and Laura stopped asking her and Scarlett's opinion then, just went to Darren with all her questions. I don't usually watch Aftersun but I can imagine ITV are very careful about what's said about the islanders etc.
Ya like there was nothing at all wrong with what she was saying, she was just being herself but Laura wasn’t giving the space for the audience to laugh and the atmosphere was totally awkward! You’d miss Caroline’s rambunctious laugh in times like these, she would be in a heap at Joanne

• Sad

Eli_99

I listened to it again last night and I genuinely think Joanne was just caught so off guard and honestly and did feel bad about how she handled the moment but honestly , how would any of us react in that situation? There is no right way or wrong way to react and it probably brings up a bigger conversation about attitudes to periods - she’ll probably end up doing an ad for Tampax next week haha

Libra123

Love their pod, it was my best pal during the start of my maternity leave when I went on a million walks a day 😆 But then I heard from a friend of mine that a gang of them went to her gig and they were all pissed, Joanne went over to them àfter the show thinking they were all on the ❄ and she asked for some (they weren't, just very very drunk 🤣). I was surprised and not surprised when I heard that but it kind of turned me 🙈 I'm by no means naive on what happens in showbiz land but I was just a bit urgh when I heard! Would still love to go on the sess with her tho 😆

• Wow
  • Haha

Daydream_Believer

Listening to the pod rolling my eyes at Vogue trying to be relatable talking about going to St Bart’s at a ‘normal time’ because Christmas is too expensive. Heart breaks for her! Does Spencer’s family not own the resort?

• Wow
  • Haha

doubleohseven

Chatty Member
Tbh, i think a lot can be forgiven where there is a business relationship based on Joanne being a disaster. Stories like this make the pod more popular so I think Vogue will live with it. If your work depends on having hilarious/disastrous private lives, you probably love when things go a bit wrong and things like this happen. If Joanne is loved up, she needs to start fucking shit up elsewhere hahaha
It’s the child’s christening it’s not some haha you forgot to come to brunch moment. Joanne is beyond a mess it wouldn’t even be funny to me anymore if I was Vogue.

Reactions: 14

Muses

I felt that Joanne being so direct and, in particular, funny made Laura uneasy. Like she didn't know how to be funny back to the funny comments from Joanne.

Muses

Didn't she ask Vogue about two pods previously, when they were talking about Otto's upcoming Christening, what sort of presents you brought to a Christening? Such bad form all around. I usually adore Joanne but this whole thing is just grating on me.

Kkhh

Agreed. As much as I've been enjoying their podcast this year and it's great to see some women in comedy doing well, I'm just not sure if I'd feel the same about them next November. They very much have a good slot in their market at the moment but they need to stay fresh, current and relevant. They are risking "over egging" their current popularity. (Says me like as if I'd know what's cool - I was late to the party even listening to their podcast). I hope nothing happens to "cancel" them.
Joanne is carrying the podcast lately. I don’t know what’s going on, but I’m finding the pod boring lately. Joanne would be great out on her own. Vogue told that story about the father putting the money in the vase twice now.

Ellamay87

VIP Member
Loved Joanne's dig about how if you beg for something enough you'll get it sent to you for free. So true for most influencers.
Well she can't throw stones herself on this one. She could have put her own hand in her pocket all year...I mean if youre paying 500 quid to get your nails done in Ibiza I'm sure she could splurge on a dyson.

Princessax

VIP Member
Joanne was on Annie Mac’s podcast, just listened and it’s so interesting hearing about her life! She is honestly so fab to me, she makes everything lighthearted!

• Heart

LittleLen

Chatty Member
I think there's something going on behind the scenes. The tickets for the live shows flew out but there's been no mention of anymore dates (just that they are coming). I'd have thought they'd at least book UK dates by now. I see Joanne is still putting on Prosecco Express dates in Dubai. I think J has benefitted more from the pod than V and maybe this is putting stress on their friendship.

I mean Vogue has 3 small children and other commitments. I imagine logistically Dublin was the easiest thing for them to do as she can stay at her house and have her family watch the kids at night.

I've picked up on no tensions on the pod and I'm usually quite good at spotting things like that...