Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LishaLisha

Love the MTGMpod, find them so funny. I listen while doing house work on EarPods dnd my kids think I’m insane giggling away to myself.. would see the show definitely but won’t travel to Dublin for it.. will see Joanne in inec in December. I am looking forward to it.

Reactions: 17

dinoboat

Some of the chat here…you wouldn’t know it’s a rave thread!

Loved this episode! Taking a 2 week break now which is well deserved given they haven’t had one since April. Thought it was a bit on the nose (given earlier posts on this thread) when they were discussing Adam Levine that Joanne said she’d much rather someone contacted her directly about bad behaviour rather than post publicly and I would have to agree…from my observations her and Alan seem super loved up and I’m delighted for her, would be surprised if they’re not engaged by the end of the year tbh especially as they’re both a bit older. Honestly she gives so many of us all such laughs on a weekly basis, she’s deserves all the happiness ❤

Reactions: 17

heyyyyitsme

Chatty Member
Call me a conspiracy theorist but I don't believe the story. I don't think Joanne would be so selfish to put profilo, botox and a two hour lunch ahead of her godchild. Especially when she wants kids herself. I think she was on the sesh and lost track of time, but admitting that means admitting to a bigger problem. Or else maybe having kids is proving harder than she thought so family functions are emotionally taxing. I don't know, like I said I just don't buy it.

Reactions: 16

Kellypol

Thought she looked amazing too, her hair and makeup were fab, kinda 'bridal' for want of a better phrase!! She's in great shape too, overall IMO overtaking Vogue in terms of looks. Thought the interview was fairly bland, not Joanne's fault, Tubridy is zero craic, such a wooden man and all the money he's on!! It's the most reserved I've ever seen Joanne on anything.

• Heart

captainkirk

Chatty Member
She doesn't seem to think it was a big deal!
I'm kind of gone off her now...like a female ick
I hate to say it but me too! Just a little bit. She seems like a lot! Strikes me as someone who has constant drama.
You’d wonder what’s going on - someone said a few pages back that in last weeks pod when vogue asked her if she was still coming to the christening, it was as if Vogue half expected her to bail. And then she did! But I don’t understand coz last week Joanne seemed well up for it and said she would even do a reading! Maybe they’re not as close behind the pod as we think. More of a business friendship maybe? Who knows

• Wow

ahtisyourself

VIP Member
Considering it’s been called a low brow by the High Low gang, yah you could say it’s an Irish podcast!
The rah - rah ness and naval gazing of the high/low and bigging up their pals books. Urgh give me MTGM any and every single day.
The who said what now?

• Haha

CatVonMe

Chatty Member
I listened to an old episode from April 2021 recently as it started randomly playing and Joanne seemed so different. Like more humble and coy. I think arrogance has definitely creeped in a bit with her and it shows in some of the interactions she has with Vogue

Muses

There was tension running through that last episode. Poor Vogue kept bringing up Joanne's no-show and saying more than once that Otto was so upset, meaning her. She's absolutely right to be pissed off and Joanne knows it, which I felt was clear in how they interacted on it. A tense vibe that they tried to brush over but it was there.

forgotmyacc

VIP Member
You are not too old for EP so many different age groups where there
Ah I know sorry, I don't mean to old as in I'm over a certain age, just too old as in when my children start going places then mommy needs to stop 🤣🤭

All though it would be worth it to see his face when his oulone raves by his tent at 3am 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha

ahtisyourself

VIP Member
Joanne is very engaging to listen to. Any pod I’ve ever heard her on I’ve been left wanting to hear more from her. She has the perfect balance of being witty and smart. I genuinely think she is so talented and doesn’t even realise how talented she is. I could listen to her for hours but I get fed of up listening to witless and tittles Vogue after about five minutes. She told the Knock story AGAIN today on the pod after only speaking about it on her pod with Spencer a few days ago. Someone seriously needs to sit her down and tell her how painful she has become and how she will be the cause of the podcast going poof, because Joanne is about three episodes away from being sick of her shit and leaving

• Heart

NoseyNiamh

VIP Member
I've been on the dating scene a long time!! This Alan guy looked really familiar when I first saw the pic with Joanne! I've only copped now that we are around the same age and I have a feeling I might have gone on a date with him a few years ago.

@sophiagg123 I'm guessing he will know who you are by your posts.

I love Joanne and see a lot of myself in her! If he hurts her I will personally hunt him down and break his smug face!!

• Haha
  • Wow

Puffin

VIP Member
Here's my two cents on the whole Christening thing. I think Joanne is the type of person that when the pressure gets piled on and she has to do multiple things at a time she malfunctions, can't cope and prioritises the completely wrong thing, like Botox and Profilo over being at the Christening.

Vogue's reaction of why would I get annoyed it's Joanne means it's not the first time Joanne has done something like this and she knows it's pointless saying anything cos she is not going to change. To me Joanne did sound suitably embarrassed and even more so when Vogue brought up about the lack of present and Joe chimed in😬

As a previous poster said , I think it just proves that Vogue is sound and IMO I think their friendship is real. If it wasn't wouldn't Vogue just get rid of her as in phase her out 🤔

Still like both, just to balance this cos it is a rave thread 😂

Jenna89

Chatty Member
This really ain’t a good look for Joanne… she comes off as a girls girl - not bothering to turn up at the mass you are godmother at for a friend who has been uber supportive of you is just bad form. I wouldn’t be surprised if Vogue is really hurt/raging about it all.
Who schedules Botox and profilo the morning of their godchild’s christening anyway?!

captainkirk

Chatty Member
Just after listening to todays pod and my god I’ve never noticed it before but Vogue KEPT interrupting Joanne and 90% of the pod was her just talking about herself!! 🙄 Joanne was about to tell a story about the Ploughing Championships and Vogue burst in with ‘oh my and Glenda Gilsen and Louis Walsh went there once’ - like who the F cares, anyway she went on and on then and Joanne never ended up telling the story! Joanne and Joe totally knew by the end you can tell where they start talking about Tony Robins they’re like focus vogue…must be so annoying for them it’s bad enough listening when Vogue is like that

• Heart

NoseyNiamh

VIP Member
I've read a few recent articles saying she's the first Irish female comedian millionaire! Fair play to her

• Wow