Vogue Williams & Joanne McNally

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In the past I couldn’t stand Joanne, I knew a few people who had occasional cameos on FS who knew her and most of the Dublin cast, there’s a few degrees of separation and we never personally met so I don’t actually know her. Her voice grated on me when I’d see her on the odd comedy panel and I just didn’t find her in any way funny.
I was so surprised by how much I laughed and enjoyed her humour when I gave the podcast a go. I was in tears listening to the early episodes. I always remember there was one about someone laughing so much listening to the pod they were knocked down crossing the road. I was driving to a covid test centre and had to pull over, I was absolutely shaking. It was just so fresh and brilliant. It hasn’t lasted the test of time. Joanne is doing well career wise now and they’re two different people. I don’t remember the last time I’ve found the pod truly funny.
The friendship was so lovely and it was very obvious Vogue protected and cared for Joanne.
It’s actually what made me warm to Vogue in the first place.
She seemed to give Joanne open access to food, shelter and tbh live in the lap of luxury for free when she needed it. Also to be a part of a family when living away from home in a tit apartment must’ve felt so nice. She seems to lift Joanne and boost her and I found that very sweet.
There was a real warmth there and that has been missing for ages. J seems to barely tolerate V, it reminds me so much of when a friend I had started to turn on me, jibes that were previously jokes became more pointed and more hurtful but i laughed my way through it because my friend seemed to be in a bit of a Joanne situation herself.
I’m not sure if Joanne’s new attitude is down to exhaustion, her boyfriend being a bit of an ass putting her down as being attainable, burnout from a successful tour or if she’s actually at the bottom of it all, just rather unpleasant and selfish and feels she deserves all she’s been given by vogue and more.
There’s just no way, no matter how busy your schedule you’d book skin and christening on the same day. You wouldn’t! Even the laser on her eyes.
The pod will continue on as will the Joanne and vogue ‘we’re fiiiiiiiine’ narrative, it’s past it’s best and it’s hard to believe Joanne is as sound as we once thought.
This chat is defo not hurting the listening figures I’d just worry about Joanne.
Boyfriend gives off BAD vibes. Nothing to base it on only what she says on the pod though!

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Lunchable …I am always and forever with you. any or all mentions of Pippa or anyone of the British ‘class’ system being used as a point of comparison or social standing will receive a :

duck PIPPA MIDDLETON AND ALL AND EVERY ONE OF THEM

they are not a benchmark of anything good, decent or respect … none of it!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I dont know if Joanne is on the bag right now but I was at a party with her about 10 years ago and she definitely was then.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
I listened to an old episode from April 2021 recently as it started randomly playing and Joanne seemed so different. Like more humble and coy. I think arrogance has definitely creeped in a bit with her and it shows in some of the interactions she has with Vogue

Reactions: 16
I hope she sees this thread tbh. I wouldn’t want her to feel bad about herself but she needs to see sense before she ends up ruining the good thing she has worked so hard for

Reactions: 7
I hope she sees this thread tbh. I wouldn’t want her to feel bad about herself but she needs to see sense before she ends up ruining the good thing she has worked so hard for
I agree, looks wise, she normally looks amazing! Remember the pic she put up recently with her and Alan, she was absolutely stunning. So if she is reading I hope she doesn't think we are attacking her looks when she was at the christening. The issue was it looked like she was dragged through every bush in Battersby Park beforehand and then stopped at a charity shop with two minutes to spare and grabbed the first outfit she could find!

I also love to see a woman thrive, irish comedy needs more women and Joanne is paving the way for newcomers. She should be so proud of her success but she also needs to look after herself, she's ready for full scale burn out! All her success could end as quickly as it started

People may not like Vogue but she did help Joanne out massively when she arrived in London and integrated her with her friends and family. They were both distant acquaintances in Ireland and just linked through a couple of mutual friends. But Vogue really took her under her wing. The least Joanne could of done was show up for a christening!

Also side note ... solphadine in a Yop!! Cop on Joanne

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I often listen to old pods and there's defo a difference in Joanne. I find Vogue the same as always. I find J's attitude in her insta a little different too. It's like she's lost that common touch or humility or something. It's kind of like the way she said 'ooh duck off, Im over it, I don't care' when V mentioned a comment that week about their accents. I absolutely agree that slagging their accents is ridiculous but there's a vulnerability to caring somewhat what people think and she went in hard. Not giving any fucks is a bit of a slippery slope. I'd hope she would see this thread also but I fear she would just generalise us all as trolls. Can't speak for anyone else but I'm truly not. I love the pod, massive fan of both girls, just so frustrated with her blase attitude towards Vogues feelings.
I see the media hasn't really picked up on her missing the christening after writing all the doting godmother articles. Must be so frustrating for V. I was half hoping they would so people could comment on how absolutely awful form it was to miss it. I wonder have people messaged her. I'd be too afraid I'd get blocked 🙈 I still like her!

Reactions: 15
I'm struggling to make it through a full.pod recently. I think Joanne is just burned out. I'd say the adrenaline highs of being on stage , followed by the travelling to locations, living out of a suitcase while still having multiple professional and personal commitments must be exhausting. IMO the fatigue is what's making her appear different. Patience levels deplete when you are permanently tired

Edited:typos

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
Has anyone here tried Bare by Vogue? I’ve never heard anyone except for her talk about it

Reactions: 4
Has anyone here tried Bare by Vogue? I’ve never heard anyone except for her talk about it
I bought it wash off one in light a few years ago. Wasn't great. It was ... peach. Very barbie like skin tone 🤣

I swear by the dove gradual tanner now

Reactions: 3
I thought the tan was very moisturising compared to others but only lasted one shower. Smelt lovely. Fades quickly but well.

fast mist lasts one day.

Reactions: 5
I thought the tan was very moisturising compared to others but only lasted one shower. Smelt lovely. Fades quickly but well.

fast mist lasts one day.
I really liked the tan but find i have to SCRUB it off! Mad how peoples skin reacts differently

Reactions: 3
I'm probably only repeating what others have said but it was very bad form of Joanne to miss the Christening. Whatever about just being an attendee, but she was Godmother, she HAD to be there. They chatted about the christening a few times on the podcast so Joanne obviously knew so much about it. It doesn't make sense why she would schedule botox and other appointments for that morning. Hair/ makeup should have been her only appointments. I wonder was she miffed that she wasn't the only godmother asked, and that's why she didn't make the effort. If my friend did that I'd be very upset and pissed off at them.
I think Joanne needs to take some time off, some time to herself - she seems to be up to ninety at the minute. It's great that she's had such success with her career and I can understand make hay while the sun shines and all that but she needs to look after herself.
I'm not enjoying the pod that last few episodes, I wonder do they need a break from that also.

Reactions: 19
There was tension running through that last episode. Poor Vogue kept bringing up Joanne's no-show and saying more than once that Otto was so upset, meaning her. She's absolutely right to be pissed off and Joanne knows it, which I felt was clear in how they interacted on it. A tense vibe that they tried to brush over but it was there.

Reactions: 16
It was the one thing that Joanne couldn’t use her humour to get out of. She knows she fucked up. Even if she mostly laughed it off her measly attempt at being humorous couldn’t hide it.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.