Vogue Williams & Joanne McNally #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I went tonight and it's great fun. Gearoid was really funny. The two of them were bouncing off eachother. Really feel good night. But suuuuuper over priced.

Reactions: 3
Went tonight thought it was brilliant. Big fan of v&j so prob biased. But very enjoyable and laughed throughout. For those saying they rehashed stories from the pod, they didn’t, they referenced them, fully aware that anyone there would recall them and so didn’t need them to give the full deets. Vogue is a babe

Reactions: 5
So I went and thoroughly enjoyed it!! Thought Vogue was very good seen as she’s new to this entire thing. I loved who they went through how they met and their time on Fade Street. They both seem so genuinely fond of each other and just good mates! If you’re expecting a Joanne McNally stand up show you’re gonna be disappointed but it’s not that. They’ll find their groove with it and over time the show will evolve but had a great night. I found Gearoid to be so unfunny, laughed at a few bits but a lot of the jokes were cliches relying on his camp-ness to get the laugh.
Went this evening and atmosphere was brill - similar vibe to Joanne’s stand up shows! Vogue was in great form I thought. Spencer and John belton were in a box together so they were getting a lot of attention!. Agree very difficult to compare to Joanne’s stand up show as a different vibe. Think they did about 70 mins - would take or leave the Gearoid part - they should prob have got someone else as must be a massive crossover between people going to Joanne’s stand up and to this, think his material was mostly new but even still would have been good to have a different support. Tickets are v pricy but worth it if you love the pod!

Reactions: 4
Thanks for the reviews gals !!

Sounds like the second night was much better than the first. I'm sorry for anyone who went to the first night, maybe it was just a bit of a shambles because they were finding their feet, but that shouldn't of happened... it should be polished from the get go.
I'm excited now for next week 🙌

Reactions: 6
I went last night and thought it was great. The girls looked stunning, great chemistry between them. the repeated stuff from the pods was really short like maybe 5 min in total? anyone thinking off selling their tickets DON’T!!!

Reactions: 7
Hmm, cost of 1 ticket including fees for their gig in the 3Arena in December is €64… just seems too difficult to justify when every little thing is insanely expensive these days.

I’d like to go out of curiosity, and I appreciate that the running costs of an arena are higher than somewhere like the Gaiety, but I think they’re definitely at risk of being over-exposed. You can have too much of a good thing- is a 34 date tour really necessary?

I love the pod but find even the mini episodes on Wednesdays excessive, they’re doing it to death at this point.
---
Actually I see resale tickets for even the Gaiety are €64?? How much were they originally does anyone know?
A 10 date tour with €30 tickets in smaller venues would have been better, in my humble opinion. Keep people interested and in a different format. This just seems like a cash grab, but so does everything Vogue advertises on her Insta. Money money money. Makes the world go round I guess 🙄

Last edited:
Hmm, cost of 1 ticket including fees for their gig in the 3Arena in December is €64… just seems too difficult to justify when every little thing is insanely expensive these days.

I’d like to go out of curiosity, and I appreciate that the running costs of an arena are higher than somewhere like the Gaiety, but I think they’re definitely at risk of being over-exposed. You can have too much of a good thing- is a 34 date tour really necessary?

I love the pod but find even the mini episodes on Wednesdays excessive, they’re doing it to death at this point.
---
Actually I see resale tickets for even the Gaiety are €64?? How much were they originally does anyone know?
A 10 date tour with €30 tickets in smaller venues would have been better, in my humble opinion. Keep people interested and in a different format. This just seems like a cash grab, but so does everything Vogue advertises on her Insta. Money money money. Makes the world go round I guess 🙄
I do agree with what you are saying... but if the demand is there why shouldn't they capitalise on it ?
It started out with 3 dates in the gaiety, then it was 6 then it was 12. It sold out in minutes.
Myself and my 3 friends were all glued to ticketmaster and couldn't get any.
Then a few days later they released the three arena which is pretty much sold out.
I didn't bother trying for 3 arena because it just seemed so far away.

If there is a demand and people are willing to part with their hard earned cash then why shouldn't they go for it ?? Should they put a cap on how much they earn in a year to stay humble ? !

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Totally

---
Totally agree with this. I think a lot less dates, and smaller venues, would have been the way to go. It would have made them less money, and alot of fans disappointed but would also have left fans wanting more and ultimately increased demand. I think they were advised badly and everyone just got hungry for the money. Now anyone who wants to go can go but will expect ALOT and rightly so!

I do agree with what you are saying... but if the demand is there why shouldn't they capitalise on it ?
It started out with 3 dates in the gaiety, then it was 6 then it was 12. It sold out in minutes.
Myself and my 3 friends were all glued to ticketmaster and couldn't get any.
Then a few days later they released the three arena which is pretty much sold out.
I didn't bother trying for 3 arena because it just seemed so far away.

If there is a demand and people are willing to part with their hard earned cash then why shouldn't they go for it ?? Should they put a cap on how much they earn in a year to stay humble ? !
Yeah, ah I do totally get what you’re saying. If there is demand, then why not go for it. But if they are interested in sustaining interest in the podcast over the longer term (and maybe they’re not, very possible- they might both have a clearly defined end date in mind!) then it’s starting to feel like a bit much. The stupid beanies being a case in point.

Reactions: 6
Yeah, ah I do totally get what you’re saying. If there is demand, then why not go for it. But if they are interested in sustaining interest in the podcast over the longer term (and maybe they’re not, very possible- they might both have a clearly defined end date in mind!) then it’s starting to feel like a bit much. The stupid beanies being a case in point.
I completely get your point. It really is just down to looking at it long term or striking while the iron is hot. Neither is right or wrong imo, I'm just definitely a strike while the iron is hot kinda gal 😅

Reactions: 3
It's completely overpriced for a live pod, especially considering Vogue has no experience in this capacity. I paid 64eur for the Gaiety. Now it's gas and so much fun but the podcast has sponsorship and is run on Global Player so its not like they invested in it themselves and took a huge leap of faith so are making up for it now. They should have featured Joe in some way. Great craic, but not worth missing your gas bill over.

I can't imagine wanting to go to this tbh. The pod has been on the decline for a while now, aside from the odd ep here and there where they pull it out of the bag. Joanne is over-exposed and the shine of "little old me just living my chaotic life and then the comedy thing just happened" is getting a bit old considering she's hopped on the hashtag ad hashtag spon bandwagon and Vogue's "busy mom" gig is a bit of a one-trick pony. Plus we have it from a few different angles what with MTGM, the Vogue and Spencer pod, the TV reality series they did etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I can't imagine wanting to go to this tbh. The pod has been on the decline for a while now, aside from the odd ep here and there where they pull it out of the bag. Joanne is over-exposed and the shine of "little old me just living my chaotic life and then the comedy thing just happened" is getting a bit old considering she's hopped on the hashtag ad hashtag spon bandwagon and Vogue's "busy mom" gig is a bit of a one-trick pony. Plus we have it from a few different angles what with MTGM, the Vogue and Spencer pod, the TV reality series they did etc.
You've hit every nail on the head there.
But anyone that is due to go to the shows, I hope you have a ball

I cant believe there is no audience interaction, or its very little?
Whats the point of an audience then? Its not a comedy show, its a live podcast so whats the incentive to go in person? Like it can be done in a very organised way, get people to write suggestions on the way in based on some categories theyve given so it;s not totally cold, have someone backstage sort them out and give them a quick heads up, you can direct the conversation, Joanne would be great to take a lead on that and Im sure Vogue could keep up.

Reactions: 5
I love the girls and love the pod I went the first night and although I had fun was a bit disappointed. I thought Gearoid was great. I agree the girls segment was far too short I was kinda like what that's it...I thought they were joking at the start. I was very disappointed with the rehashing of stories, Vogue retold the whole story of the taxi driver shitting outside her house there was other bits. I feel they need some audience interaction or even more interaction with themselves. If Gearoid hadn't have been the pre act I would have felt ripped off!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.