Vogue Williams & Joanne McNally #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Booked for December.. I listened to the recent episodes of the pod snd tbh I think its better than ever...the break was just the tonic!

Reactions: 7
Ah Jaysus. Where did you see the announcement?
The MCD insta page and then the mtgm pod insta page shared it around 6pm.

There was a fair few boxes when I checked. Such bad management releasing them so late

Reactions: 5
The MCD insta page and then the mtgm pod insta page shared it around 6pm.

There was a fair few boxes when I checked. Such bad management releasing them so late
I wonder was it their own friends/family. The box would be a nice way to get a few in together. The likes of Spencer, Alan, Amber who are now insta famous might prefer not to be approached while there.

Reactions: 2
Those who went, was it any good? I saw Vogue share a snippet to her story and it was a bit she has said on the pod before a couple of times, which to me isnt great. Paying for tickets to hear stories i've already heard before isnt ideal!

Reactions: 14
I'd be curious how it works in person. Is there audience interaction?
The audience laughter could interrupt the natural flow of conversation

Reactions: 1
They were on stage for 50 minutes and basically spoke about stuff that's been on the podcast before. Massively disappointing. By their own admission the podcast is heavily edited but there was no escape last night. Vogue I think struggled in the live environment. It just seems so heavily scripted and structured there was no natural flow. Jokes fell flat and it was like they didn't care and hurried to the next segment. The support act was probably better I'd say. I don't know how they are going to engage and hold a crowd in 3 arena to be honest. I wouldn't recommend to a friend 😬

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
They were on stage for 50 minutes and basically spoke about stuff that's been on the podcast before. Massively disappointing. By their own admission the podcast is heavily edited but there was no escape last night. Vogue I think struggled in the live environment. It just seems so heavily scripted and structured there was no natural flow. Jokes fell flat and it was like they didn't care and hurried to the next segment. The support act was probably better I'd say. I don't know how they are going to engage and hold a crowd in 3 arena to be honest. I wouldn't recommend to a friend 😬
Wow, really? Was there any off the cuff chit chat? Or did it all seem rehearsed?

Reactions: 1
Thats such a pity.

Joanne, in particular, has been so busy touring that i really dont think theyd have had the time to prepare for it properly

Reactions: 5
Can’t they prepare on FaceTime? Or zoom? Not really an excuse when people are paying to come see you.

Reactions: 9
Was there an interval?
That's very disappointing that they were on stage for such a short amount of time.

Vogue has said many times before how nervous she is, this is a new environment for her but Joanne should of been well able to hold the reins.
My guess is that they were grossly unprepared. They haven't even been in the same country for ages so how exactly did they prep for this?

Reactions: 6
Think it’s a bit silly for them to do the live shows with the same stories as the podcasts 🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 16
The fact that they are charging top dollar for this could come back to haunt them. They are more expensive than other live podcast shows, so expectations are going to be higher.

I was trying to decide whether to buy podcast or Prosecco tickets that’s my mind made up lol

Reactions: 2
I was glad I didn’t buy podcast tickets after I saw Joanne live a while ago, and even more glad now after hearing the reviews from last night. It’ll be interesting to see how they keep the stamina up for the rest of the tour. I think a couple of smaller venues to get them warmed up and used to performing together before embarking on a stadium tour would have been a good idea.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.