Vogue Williams and Joanne McNally #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t see anyone here caring about how many people she’s slept with. It’s the changing of the narrative, and the hypocrisy of saying she doesn’t want sex without a connection while simultaneously talking about one night stands. Pick a lane.
Or better still, stop talking about ur sex life so bloody much!
Oh grow up. She’s a comedian and talks about things that are funny. They may or may not be real life and of course she will embellish stories. People seem real bitter that she’s in a relationship now and no longer talks about the same things as she did 3 or 4 years ago!

Reactions: 3
Oh grow up. She’s a comedian and talks about things that are funny. They may or may not be real life and of course she will embellish stories. People seem real bitter that she’s in a relationship now and no longer talks about the same things as she did 3 or 4 years ago!
Missing the point again. She’s completely changed the narrative about her single days years ago. Slack enough when built an entire show off that. Nobody cares what she was or is like it’s the being disingenuous. That’s the thing about lies you have to remember what you said.

I don’t think she ever denied having one night stands or dating around a lot?

I think all the said the other week was one night stands tend to be a bit crap, and sex is generally much better in a relationship? Hard to disagree in my experience.

Maybe she has just gotten sick of that lifestyle in the last couple of years and has different boundaries now? Either way, who cares, she’s hardly fraudster of the century 🙄

Reactions: 8
Yup that’s it. I’m bitter. Cos anyone with an opposing opinion must be eh.

Reactions: 2
Yup that’s it. I’m bitter. Cos anyone with an opposing opinion must be eh.
It’s a rave thread though, if you have an opposing opinion, set up a different thread and talk about her hypocrisy and lack of one night stands over there.

• Haha
Well she kind of has to talk about the same thing for another while until the Prosecco Express ends 😂😂

I obviously knew about Annie Mac back in my clubbing days a hundred years ago, but I'm thankful to Joanne for reintroducing me, her podcast is a pleasure to listen to.
Also, anyone else that enjoys listening to people's stories, the new Louis Theroux pod is also very enjoyable

Reactions: 13
Did anyone watch the absolutely horrific RTE programme last night, on the practice within the dairy industry of sending bull calves to be slaughtered as soon as they are born, or for live export to Europe or beyond, as they are considered worthless here? Of course, not all dairy farmers, etc. But it seems to be the wild west for some of them, as our bloated agricultural sector grows and grows.

It got me thinking about the ads for the National Dairy Council that Vogue has been voicing for the podcast. I was going to put this on the Vogue thread, but the only place I've heard it is during MTGM. It just makes me so uncomfortable that she promotes this industry- does she ask actual deep questions about this stuff? Will she be asking them about this particular horrible issue, now that the programme has aired? If it was me, I'd pull my name from being associated with anything dairy from now on, tbh. We are destroying the planet with our endless consumption of meat and dairy, and no amount of fluffy greenwashing on social media about a "grassroots movement" changes that fact.

Dairy cow numbers increased for the 11th consecutive year in 2022.

Agriculture accounts for 37.5% of Ireland's greenhouse gas emissions. We need to reduce our total emissions by *51%* by 2050, and we are on course for a massive failure.

Oat milk produces 70% less carbon per litre than dairy milk does. I'm not mad about it either, but could easily switch half my dairy milk intake to an alternative. (I know it's more costly and this is a real concern).

I think Vogue and Joanne's listeners like me care hugely about environmental issues, and see greenwashing for what it is. The facts speak for themselves. I like her and just wish she'd be more responsible with what she puts her name to.

Reactions: 6
Did anyone watch the absolutely horrific RTE programme last night, on the practice within the dairy industry of sending bull calves to be slaughtered as soon as they are born, or for live export to Europe or beyond, as they are considered worthless here? Of course, not all dairy farmers, etc. But it seems to be the wild west for some of them, as our bloated agricultural sector grows and grows.

It got me thinking about the ads for the National Dairy Council that Vogue has been voicing for the podcast. I was going to put this on the Vogue thread, but the only place I've heard it is during MTGM. It just makes me so uncomfortable that she promotes this industry- does she ask actual deep questions about this stuff? Will she be asking them about this particular horrible issue, now that the programme has aired? If it was me, I'd pull my name from being associated with anything dairy from now on, tbh. We are destroying the planet with our endless consumption of meat and dairy, and no amount of fluffy greenwashing on social media about a "grassroots movement" changes that fact.

Agriculture accounts for 37.5% of Ireland's greenhouse gas emissions. We need to reduce our total emissions by *51%* by 2050, and we are on course for a massive failure.

Oat milk produces 70% less carbon per litre than dairy milk does. I'm not mad about it either, but could easily switch half my dairy milk intake to an alternative. (I know it's more costly and this is a real concern).

I think Vogue and Joanne's listeners like me care hugely about environmental issues, and see greenwashing for what it is. The facts speak for themselves. I like her and just wish she'd be more responsible with what she puts her name to.
Thank you for sharing this. It’s really important that people are informed.

Reactions: 6

Brazil 220million cows.
Entire EU 80 million cows. A little perspective. Obviously the treatment of the calves is appalling and it’s a huge issue within the industry and needs to be addressed. They are cutting down forests in South America so I don’t think plant based milks are the answer either. As for vogue we should all know by now that she d put her name to anything for a few quid.

Reactions: 16
Sorry but no. I don’t give a shite about the environment tbh. And none of that is revelatory.

You could make a similar argument about nearly everything possible to advertise anyway.

speak for yourself by all means but please only for yourself. If it’s important to you then by all means ensure your listening aligns with your values.

I’m sure they have their own values and lines they will and won’t cross.

If they were both vegans then I’d question their supporting the dairy council, otherwise I’m pretty meh about it.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Understand the outrage people feel but a little perspective and critical thinking please. If we all pulled ship and denounced the Irish farming sector today, what are we replacing it with tomorrow. There is a clear agenda from government (not even tinfoil hatting here, it’s part of their political promises that clearly appeals to many people!). Is it a coincidence the state broadcaster would publish this documentary at this moment in time? Do we think South American cattle that will inevitably have to be imported will be treated as well as Irish cattle? I don’t think this forum is the place for this debate, but I would urge people to think holistically about these issues, and not live in a high rise echo chamber.

• Heart
Reactions: 14

Can I ask, are you vegan ?

No I don't care sorry. They have to advertise who sponsors them or they wouldn't have a pod. Unless a person is a vegan they can't give out about this issue imo. It will be a different ad next month.

Reactions: 8

Agriculture is also a huge industry in Ireland and has employed millions of people throughout generations.

I hear your concerns but they can't be isolated just to agriculture. Look at fast fashion, the booming makeup industry thats coming quick and fast from china?

If we know anything about Vogue is that she would do anything to make money I doubt she'll have sleepless nights over last night doc's as long as the cheques keep coming in.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.