Vogue Williams and Joanne McNally #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Gearoid on at 8pm Joanne 9.15ish
Was there on Monday night.....thought they were both great. Obviously some of the same material as Iv seen Prosecco a couple of times over the years but she really was brilliant compared to the live pod which I found v weak and a money racket.

10/10 from me. She said see ye next year so hopefully she does actually take a good break for herself apart from the pod now after these last shows.

Anyone know what song she plays at the end? It's one forn Jess Glynn or Becky Hill I think...that type!

Reactions: 4
I wonder if the Irish house is to do with them claiming non-dom status.
I get that she is Irish - don’t jump down my throat- and I’d personally rather live there than London but there is no way it makes sense professionally.
What do you mean? The tax here is higher than in the UK so not sure why she would do that.

She obviously has a house here so she doesn’t have to stay in hotels or air bnbs with three kids when she visits which is very frequently. It’s just a holiday home she doesn’t live her permanently.

Reactions: 2
Was there on Monday night.....thought they were both great. Obviously some of the same material as Iv seen Prosecco a couple of times over the years but she really was brilliant compared to the live pod which I found v weak and a money racket.

10/10 from me. She said see ye next year so hopefully she does actually take a good break for herself apart from the pod now after these last shows.

Anyone know what song she plays at the end? It's one forn Jess Glynn or Becky Hill I think...that type!
As far as I know she's going to try her hand stateside later in spring to see how she goes down, the Irish in America could get it, the rest I'm not so sure

Reactions: 1
What do you mean? The tax here is higher than in the UK so not sure why she would do that.

She obviously has a house here so she doesn’t have to stay in hotels or air bnbs with three kids when she visits which is very frequently. It’s just a holiday home she doesn’t live her permanently.
Doesnt non dom mean she wouldn’t pay tax in Ireland either? Pay a set amount in UK and then as long as you spend a certain amount of time out of UK each year you get away with not paying heaps. It would be why they have the jersey place too.

Doesnt non dom mean she wouldn’t pay tax in Ireland either? Pay a set amount in UK and then as long as you spend a certain amount of time out of UK each year you get away with not paying heaps. It would be why they have the jersey place too.
Domiciled tax is kind of complicated and would be where you were born or where you plan on dying basically. You can't really change it to suit yourself.
Very unlikely shes not non resident in the UK id imagine shes a UK resident with a domicile in ireland maybe. Domicile doesn't mean much your just liable to do a tax return here too and pay Irish tax on your Irish source income but you get a credit for thr tax you paid in UK or visa versa.

The tax man will collect their tax there is no avoiding it really anymore 😅

Reactions: 4
Domiciled tax is kind of complicated and would be where you were born or where you plan on dying basically. You can't really change it to suit yourself.
Very unlikely shes not non resident in the UK id imagine shes a UK resident with a domicile in ireland maybe. Domicile doesn't mean much your just liable to do a tax return here too and pay Irish tax on your Irish source income but you get a credit for thr tax you paid in UK or visa versa.

The tax man will collect their tax there is no avoiding it really anymore 😅
Domiciled is where you are permanently, but it can change. Like I’ve lived in other countries before but never for longer than 4 or so years so I was still domiciled in Ireland. I THINK after 5 years you are considered domiciled wherever you are living? But if I decided in 10 years time to move sticks to Australia after a period I’d be domiciled as well as tax resident there. But yeah as @Opinionatedperson said it’s complicated and I would very much imagine Vogue is tax resident in the UK. Not entirely up on tax rules these days so I’m not sure where she would pay tax on her Irish income? I think it depends on where the income goes to as well ie is it deposited in an Irish or a uk bank etc. there’s so many rules 😂 sorry. Don’t want to derail the thread.
Could they be using the house in jersey for tax purposes? Although I’d imagine they’d need to spend a lot of time there. Either way I’m sure they have a very good, if not ‘creative’ accountant 😉

Domiciled is where you are permanently, but it can change. Like I’ve lived in other countries before but never for longer than 4 or so years so I was still domiciled in Ireland. I THINK after 5 years you are considered domiciled wherever you are living? But if I decided in 10 years time to move sticks to Australia after a period I’d be domiciled as well as tax resident there. But yeah as @Opinionatedperson said it’s complicated and I would very much imagine Vogue is tax resident in the UK. Not entirely up on tax rules these days so I’m not sure where she would pay tax on her Irish income? I think it depends on where the income goes to as well ie is it deposited in an Irish or a uk bank etc. there’s so many rules 😂 sorry. Don’t want to derail the thread.
Could they be using the house in jersey for tax purposes? Although I’d imagine they’d need to spend a lot of time there. Either way I’m sure they have a very good, if not ‘creative’ accountant 😉
I work in this area of accounting and have done a few exams. There is no avoiding tax unless your living in dubai full time in a tax free zone. 😂
She'd pay tax in her country of residence and then in Ireland again but would get a credit for the tax paid in the UK assuming it's the UK.. I won't get into the ins and out of tax as it is boring for most and Im only up to speed with Irish tax but they're all similar.
To use the house in Jersey theyd have to be living there much more so unlikely. Maybe it's a good investment which they can get a return on and not pay tax on perhaps the house that is. But I'm not up to date with jersey and associated tax laws

I work in this area of accounting and have done a few exams. There is no avoiding tax unless your living in dubai full time in a tax free zone. 😂
She'd pay tax in her country of residence and then in Ireland again but would get a credit for the tax paid in the UK assuming it's the UK.. I won't get into the ins and out of tax as it is boring for most and Im only up to speed with Irish tax but they're all similar.
To use the house in Jersey theyd have to be living there much more so unlikely. Maybe it's a good investment which they can get a return on and not pay tax on perhaps the house that is. But I'm not up to date with jersey and associated tax laws
Yeah I’m an accountant too but haven’t worked as one for years, I managed to snake my way into a different financial field 😉 so you are more up to date than me! I thought that re the jersey home alright.
To keep it more on point, I thought Joanne looked amazing tonight when she showed her make up when talking about Gearoid’s suit. All that skin stuff they get done with that doctor really pays off. Her skin looks amazing. Considering she seems to take very few days off the booze, you’d expect her skin to be in rag order.
I’m also very jealous of how much hair she has. Mine all fell out after my kids, particularly after the 4th and it’s never really recovered.

I just think people are thinking way too deeply about why she bought a house in Ireland.
This isn't her first house in Ireland. She's Irish. She spends time here. She wants a base here. She has the money so why not invest it in property.

Plus, she needs somewhere for freeloading Amber, Alzo and everyone else to live 😏

Reactions: 23
I just think people are thinking way too deeply about why she bought a house in Ireland.
This isn't her first house in Ireland. She's Irish. She spends time here. She wants a base here. She has the money so why not invest it in property.

Plus, she needs somewhere for freeloading Amber, Alzo and everyone else to live 😏
Agree with you it's Just a bug bearer of mine when people say its to avoid tax 😂😂😂 same with people influencers don't pay tax on their income.. I'll go back into my box for another while lol

Reactions: 3
I wonder if the Irish house is to do with them claiming non-dom status.
I get that she is Irish - don’t jump down my throat- and I’d personally rather live there than London but there is no way it makes sense professionally.
Non-dom wjere?
Yeah I’m an accountant too but haven’t worked as one for years, I managed to snake my way into a different financial field 😉 so you are more up to date than me! I thought that re the jersey home alright.
To keep it more on point, I thought Joanne looked amazing tonight when she showed her make up when talking about Gearoid’s suit. All that skin stuff they get done with that doctor really pays off. Her skin looks amazing. Considering she seems to take very few days off the booze, you’d expect her skin to be in rag order.
I’m also very jealous of how much hair she has. Mine all fell out after my kids, particularly after the 4th and it’s never really recovered.
Don’t forget the filter!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.