Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

forgotmyacc

VIP Member
My son is 17 now, wouldn't be aggressive thank god 🙏 but I would be in similar situation to her friend. It's tough going.
I am now facing having to try to find an adult service to take him on board. Adult services is every bit as bad as child services.

No actually it's worse. Because up until 18 they are protected under the constition that every child is entitled to an education. After that.... there's no such protection.

I entered this system 15 years ago and I genuinely put my hand on my heart and say the system is worse now than it was then. It's a shambles.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 16

forgotmyacc

VIP Member
Yeah but I feel for her if she does as it would be a horrible position to be in. Most women can continue being working mothers if they want to. I don’t think the Prosecco mad bitch persona and new motherhood mix at all so she’d have to totally rethink things.
From a total business point of view it would be a great move for her. She's done the partying, she's in last chance saloon to have a baby, she would get another 3 shows out of navigating pregnancy and motherhood

littlegossiplover

Chatty Member
As I sit on yet not another Monday thinking ‘is this what I want to do with my life’ I can only feel a tad jealous that Vogue and Joanne seem to have had a bloody blast in Australia, the crowds seemed to love it and I am more than a little jealous that they get paid for that. It’s like Ant and Dec in jungle every year doing a few of hours work a day and living in sun for a month fully paid. I’m totally in wrong gig!! Lucky bastards (puts another layer of clothes in at shitty home office) 😔

lavendervase

VIP Member
I would
Yeah, it's a pity.

As mentioned above, whenever Joanne tries to speak of anything more in depth Vogue just interrupts and changes the subject.
It's the same on the podcast with Spencer - who actually has complex interests that would be interesting if he actually got the chance to delve into without Vogue interrupting and calling him a 'poo' or a 'snot ball' :rolleyes:
I would 100% much prefer to listen to a Joanne and Spencer pod.
The big fish one they did was brilliant. They do both have a lot of interesting things to say and Vogue just interrupts with nonsense.

• Wow

ttttttttttttt

VIP Member
Vogue is piggybacking on Joanne's comedic talent, it’s obvious. Vogue is a good business woman and is so extremely pushy that she would insert herself into any opportunity that could benefit her. I just respect Joanne so much more, she’s had to overcome a lot, plus she is naturally talented. She has sold out more Vicar Streets than anyone else, that’s some achievement. Vogue has an amazing work ethic but if the talent isn’t there, you can’t magically make it happen no matter how much of a pushy, loud, social climber you try to be …

forgotmyacc

VIP Member
It’s mad cos they don’t even need the money. Massive egos and inflated sense of themselves
I haven't listened to Spencer and Vogue in months. But I do remember Spencer being so jealous of Joanne and Vogue's show.
I'd say this is the only reason they did it. His ego couldn't hack Vogue getting the attention on stage.

• Wow

foxwarren

VIP Member
Oh yeah, Spencer thinks being married to someone Irish is like riding the help. Can’t stand him. He is a walking ick.

msmith2006

VIP Member
it was Joanne laughing so hard while telling the pwingies story that made me laugh so much , not the story itself lol

Poppydaisy

Nobody will buy them so they've resorted to trying to flog them. They were massively overpriced plastic crap and they greatly over estimated the stupidity of pod listeners that they thought *anyone* would pay those prices.
If the bag had different sections with zips that close it it would make more sense, the absolute size of it with absolutely no other structure makes it so impractical.

april-news-1987

Chatty Member
Does anyone think Spencer looks really different all of a sudden ? Up until a month or so ago I thought he looked really well. Don’t know if it’s the hair or he’s lost weight on his filming he’s doing but he looks ….different

Heidi88

VIP Member
Yeah. Very forced. My claim to fame is that Dzzzz blocked me and then her sister (the middle one) followed suit🤣
I'm also blocked by Dzzzz for suggesting tjat her podcast shouldnt be nominated for a Stellar award is all she doed is interview her family and boyfriend over and over again.

• Haha

Alloallo

Fridays pod was weird, seemed like Joanne was pissed/high. I know it's part of her persona but not bringing a single debit or credit card with you on tour and then taking so many edibles your manager has to wake you up to tell you your due onstage? I just don't get it, makes her sound like an unreliable mess

Ailte

VIP Member
Did anyone watch the absolutely horrific RTE programme last night, on the practice within the dairy industry of sending bull calves to be slaughtered as soon as they are born, or for live export to Europe or beyond, as they are considered worthless here? Of course, not all dairy farmers, etc. But it seems to be the wild west for some of them, as our bloated agricultural sector grows and grows.

It got me thinking about the ads for the National Dairy Council that Vogue has been voicing for the podcast. I was going to put this on the Vogue thread, but the only place I've heard it is during MTGM. It just makes me so uncomfortable that she promotes this industry- does she ask actual deep questions about this stuff? Will she be asking them about this particular horrible issue, now that the programme has aired? If it was me, I'd pull my name from being associated with anything dairy from now on, tbh. We are destroying the planet with our endless consumption of meat and dairy, and no amount of fluffy greenwashing on social media about a "grassroots movement" changes that fact.

Dairy cow numbers increased for the 11th consecutive year in 2022.

Agriculture accounts for 37.5% of Ireland's greenhouse gas emissions. We need to reduce our total emissions by *51%* by 2050, and we are on course for a massive failure.

Oat milk produces 70% less carbon per litre than dairy milk does. I'm not mad about it either, but could easily switch half my dairy milk intake to an alternative. (I know it's more costly and this is a real concern).

I think Vogue and Joanne's listeners like me care hugely about environmental issues, and see greenwashing for what it is. The facts speak for themselves. I like her and just wish she'd be more responsible with what she puts her name to.
Brazil 220million cows.
Entire EU 80 million cows. A little perspective. Obviously the treatment of the calves is appalling and it’s a huge issue within the industry and needs to be addressed. They are cutting down forests in South America so I don’t think plant based milks are the answer either. As for vogue we should all know by now that she d put her name to anything for a few quid.

Deevee47

VIP Member
Def no smoke without fire on the Lottie Moss story/ reference to partying etc I know she’s bat shit crazy but there’s no way there’s not more to that story- what started off as a rumour in May is certainly more than that now.
As for the cold sore meds story… so weird if it’s not true why she’s say that on the pod. She’s savvy- she knows the papers pic up on this stuff so she knew exactly what she was doing.
killing the Lottie moss story or attempting to for sure.
As we’ve often said- all the chat about how great their sex life is… BS… he’s professing too much. All that glitters ain’t gold!

• Heart
Reactions: 15

forgotmyacc

VIP Member
Agree with ye. She was a mess.
It must be incredibly hard to work with her at times, I feel for Joe and Vogue!!

This is so petty but you know what was bothering me ?? The way Vogue kept saying party !!! Birthday parrsssy.... wtf !
I've lived in Dublin for 44 years next week! and I've never met anyone who pronounces some words the way she does. It has to be put on.

• Haha

kissyfur

Doireann gives me the shites but I respect Joanne for trying her best to give Irish people a leg up. Vogue does the same.

I’d say she knows that once upon a time she was “the dose” that nobody wanted to hear about but now she’s big time. Every dog has its day.

• Heart