Virgin River

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hope it's better than the last season, yes it was done during covid. But come on!

Reactions: 4
I went in… no spoilers but it’s not going to win any awards (not that any of you expected it too!)
Covid has completely wiped me out the last two days so of course I’ve binged watched…

I agree, it’s erm.. yeah, as great as always! 🤣

• Haha
Just came across this thread, loving the programme. I do agree that Season 3 seemed to have lost its way a bit, already loving Season 4 though. Hate Charmaine and I’m convinced the babies aren’t Jacks, and are possibly Mikes.

Reactions: 6
Just came across this thread, loving the programme. I do agree that Season 3 seemed to have lost its way a bit, already loving Season 4 though. Hate Charmaine and I’m convinced the babies aren’t Jacks, and are possibly Mikes.
Love this show! But Mel & Joey hair colour is woeful, not sure if it was certain lighting or what! Looks like a home dye job that went wrong

Reactions: 2
I didn't like this season much, it felt really slow compared to the first two. Saying that I still finished it in two days. Couldn't warm to Denny at all. I really dislike Lizzie's actress for some reason, I feel bad for saying that but it's true. Every time Brie and Brady are on screen together I cringe. Brie can do so much better! I liked Hope's scenes this season, really felt for her. But I think she is my favourite character overall, her and Preacher. I think I like the older cast more than the younger cast generally speaking.

The last cliffhanger was a bit pants to be honest. I guess Charmaine's partner (I cannot even remember his name) is the father? Just felt really cliched in a show full of cliches!

Reactions: 1
I haven't started this season yet but I liked season 1 where it was a 'will they won't they?' between Mel and Jack and when they encountered some mild peril each episode which seemed to resolve itself with the slightest of input from Jack. Nice and easy escapism.

I’ll see it through but it’s dragging for me.

Jack’s constant angst about something🙄
Mel always being so …….Mel.

I do love the location though, worth sticking with just for that.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
But not very heavily considering it’s twins and she’s been pregnant for 17 months 🤣🙄

I’ve watched the first ep and yeah. It’s not the greatest but it’s watchable.
Sorry to quote myself but I can’t add - I think the problem with this program is that it’s a tiny small community and yet there are gangs, shootings, kidnaps, fires, crimes, deaths, accidents…..all centred around the same 5 people 🤣 Not to mention that Jack and Mel are literally involved in everything and are the first people the police and hospital call so they can be first on the scene for any drama and save the day whatever might be happening 🙄🤣 I think it would have been good for 2-3 seasons (without Covid ruining it) but the more it’s dragged out the more ridiculous it seems to get so you just spend all your time rolling your eyes at it!

I can’t remember if Charmaine was pregnant at the very beginning but was near enough & she is only 5 months? He has recovered from being shot helluva quickly also Mel had enough time to get together with Jack decide she wanted kids with him to discover he didn’t then go for IVF then waited what looked like a while before getting tests done after finding out she was pregnant. Charmaine split up with Jack married someone new in that time n then get dumped by him in that time. Is 1 month the equivalent of 6 in Virgin River??

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I bloody want to live in virgin river - what a gorgeous place and what fun it would be!

im enjoying this season. Outrageously far fetched but I love it

Reactions: 10
Does anyone have any recs for tv shows that are similar, preferably on a streaming service? I've heard Hart of Dixie has a very similar premise.

Reactions: 3