Virgin River

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone have any recs for tv shows that are similar, preferably on a streaming service? I've heard Hart of Dixie has a very similar premise.
Sweet Magnolias on Netflix is a very gentle watch!

Reactions: 7
Does anyone have any recs for tv shows that are similar, preferably on a streaming service? I've heard Hart of Dixie has a very similar premise.
Hart of Dixie is similar, that’s on ITV Hub. Chesapeake Shores has a similar vibe and that’s on Netflix too.

This is Us on Amazon Prime, a wholesome watch but great storylines.

Reactions: 6
I can’t remember if Charmaine was pregnant at the very beginning but was near enough & she is only 5 months? He has recovered from being shot helluva quickly also Mel had enough time to get together with Jack decide she wanted kids with him to discover he didn’t then go for IVF then waited what looked like a while before getting tests done after finding out she was pregnant. Charmaine split up with Jack married someone new in that time n then get dumped by him in that time. Is 1 month the equivalent of 6 in Virgin River??
It’s crazy! mel’s husband died less than a year ago!

Reactions: 3
Hart of Dixie is brilliant, I’m binge watching it for like the 10th time. I love it 😂 it’s similar to Virgin River but not as like deep

Sweet Magnolias is great too, Chesapeake Shores is okay but I find it a bit naff (well the gran’s attempt at an irish accent)

Reactions: 5
So if Jack is the father of Mel's baby what was the point of Mark's mum trying to sue her? I guess nothing is gonna come of that? Did I miss something?

I love Hart Of Dixie! I recommended Brothers & Sisters to a friend today, I might go back & watch it.

• Heart
I love Hart Of Dixie! I recommended Brothers & Sisters to a friend today, I might go back & watch it.
Oh I just did a Brothers and Sisters watch, never seen it before and binged it all! Loved it. Altho Kitty annoyed me 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I do love Virgin River because it’s such an ‘easy’ watch, but I do agree about how unrealistic the time frame is. They really should’ve missed quite a few months (at least) between each season!

I used to love Brothers & Sisters. Couldn't believe what they did to Rob Lowe though!

I do love Virgin River because it’s such an ‘easy’ watch, but I do agree about how unrealistic the time frame is. They really should’ve missed quite a few months (at least) between each season!
I'm on episode 9 and the timeline irritates me so much! So Brady was seriously injured then next minute he's back at work at the timber yard?! Jack was left for dead and he made a miraculous recovery too! And yet still Charmaine is bloody pregnant. It's ridiculous!

It's an easy watch but becoming quite far fetched.

I don't like the characters of Denny or the new Dr or Preacher's new woman. I only really watch Mel and Jack's scenes and I skip a lot of the other stuff!

• Sad
  • Haha
Omg another cliffhanger 😤😤

I thought Preacher was d was dead for a second I was going to be sooo mad 🤣😤!!! And Charmaine 🙄 ffs! I wonder who the father is then!?

Reactions: 1
I’ve binged it over two days. The joys of the rainy weather. I enjoyed this season better than the last but how the heckers is Charmaine only 5 months pregnant? We’ve also now got a Gangster Granny 👵🏻

So if Jack is the father of Mel's baby what was the point of Mark's mum trying to sue her? I guess nothing is gonna come of that? Did I miss something?
I think it was just a way to get Jack to agree to find out if he was the father as upto that point he didn’t want to know.

Omg another cliffhanger 😤😤

I thought Preacher was d was dead for a second I was going to be sooo mad 🤣😤!!! And Charmaine 🙄 ffs! I wonder who the father is then!?
I laughed when Jack said Charmaine was 5 months pregnant! How on earth does that fit in with the timeline when Mel is 8 weeks pregnant?!

I’ve finished it. It was OK but series one and two were the best. I do think Jack and Mel have good chemistry and I mainly just watch the bits they are in as I’m not really interested in the other characters.

I was glad of the ending as that whole storyline got on my nerves and as it wasn’t in the books I never believed it was true!

The gangsta granny is ridiculous!

Last edited:
Not sure if I imagined it but didn’t Doc get news he was unwell at the end of the last season as three episodes in to the new season and nothing mentioned, can’t gcse going back to the last season as that was dire to find out

Not sure if I imagined it but didn’t Doc get news he was unwell at the end of the last season as three episodes in to the new season and nothing mentioned, can’t gcse going back to the last season as that was dire to find out
It was mentioned a few times this series as Hope mentioned what his eye problem is called (I can’t remember what it is) and Doc mentioned to her how he had to endure having needles in his eyeballs every few months.

Dr is going blind I think?
What about Mel's cabin that burnt down?
It wasn’t Mel’s cabin it was the house Jack had bought for him and the twins!

One thing I found odd is why her sister wanted to get married in Virgin River when she doesn’t live there and why weren’t her children or any of her and her new husbands friends at the wedding?! It was all Mel and Jack’s friends and family!

• Haha
One thing I found odd is why her sister wanted to get married in Virgin River when she doesn’t live there and why weren’t her children or any of her and her new husbands friends at the wedding?! It was all Mel and Jack’s friends and family!

This to me felt it was placed there purely as a reason for Jack not to turn up 🤷🏻‍♀️ That wedding was weird. I know Mel standing on her own was to highlight Jack wasn’t there but no one danced with her? Hmm!

I don't know about anybody else but I really want to shake Mel till her teeth rattle! I'd shake Preacher in other ways though!

• Haha