Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Miscanthus

VIP Member
Hellllllooooooooo??????!! Is there anybody out there??? (Apologies for excessive punctuation).

It stopped raining! 🤗 ☀😎⛱

Hope you are all well. (Obviously recovering from 'party time'!) ♥
We had a heat wave in UK....everybody rushed outside and forgot social media!

• Haha
Reactions: 7

Hi there

Sorry ladies, I’m not much of a talker, but I do read all of your posts... every single one of them. So many heart touching, happy posts. Reading this thread first thing in the morning puts such a smile on my face just before work. Thank you 💖

• Heart

fedup90210

Reading all your gardening posts (never going to live down the sunflower comment 🙄 )....
I love this time of year in my garden...my Iris germanica flowered yesterday and my paeonies are in bud...two of my favourites.

Thank you for the techy advice...who knew you could do that? I'm putting accents on everything now!!!
I'm so sorry @Miscanthus , it was me who brought it up again, but not in a malicious way, I was seeing the funny side of it. ;) 😘 I am so terrible with seed sowing! My luck is abysmal.

I am envious of you being in spring there. It's my favourite. I don't so much like the droughts in summer/autumn. The last two mornings we have had huge frosts - it almost looked like it had snowed! But I know that after the winter, spring will come, and those peony eyes will burst through the ground. Hooray!!! I re-planted 13 peonies the other day, along with a couple of varieties that I didn't have (or had lost the name tag for). (If I told you that our property name includes the word 'Peony', then it will be of little surprise!)

Do tell - which peony varieties do you have? My new ones are Immaculée, James Pillow, Mother's Day and Maestro. (I'm pretty sure I already have Maestro - I'll know for sure once they start to flower together). 😆

Look what arrived in the mail for me today:
1622110010887.png

Wish me luck! Ha!

• Heart
  • Wow

Milking Keynes

VIP Member
Totally agree with sentiments about MM but I nailed my colours to that mast some time ago.

Well...I managed to break a toe at the weekend so hobbling around now! Der! On the plus side, more Tattle time!

Thanks for the love...sending love back ❤❤❤
Ah, no.... what a terrible thing to happen to you. I was wondering where you were? We even searched the boathouse for our Miss(ing) Canthus - you’ve been sorely missed. Hope you are not in too much discomfort. ❤

• Heart

Geranium

VIP Member
Dear @Geranium, I’m only picking up this thread now so I was unaware of how you have been suffering. I really hope you are feeling a bit better. I haven’t been here since November, I think, as I thought the thread had stalled, and had no idea. I hope that you are getting medical support from your GP as well as lots of appreciation from your volunteering colleagues and your friends here and your family too. So glad your daughter’s cat returned though.

Also, really hard to hear about @Namima and all your losses. What a desperately upsetting time. Sending lots of love and warmest wishes to both of you, your friend, MK ❤❤
Thank you lovely friend.
I’m feeling better, keeping busy, lots of fresh air and physical activity with dogs and horses!
The longer days and support of friends is helping lots too.
Xxx

• Heart

Milking Keynes

VIP Member
Had check up with our vet Eddie, the big chap is fit as can be, being nearly 12.
One or two teeth on their way out but that's always a problem with Greyhounds as their fast metabolism helps produce excess acids, giving them dental problems.
Weight loss has also reduced since we introduced more carbs/pasta into Buddy's diet & giving him a supplement.
Happy 👍🐶
View attachment 632737
Oh, wow! So happy for you! ❤🐶❤

• Heart

Geranium

VIP Member
Totally agree with sentiments about MM but I nailed my colours to that mast some time ago.

Well...I managed to break a toe at the weekend so hobbling around now! Der! On the plus side, more Tattle time!

Thanks for the love...sending love back ❤❤❤
Oh you poor thing - how did you do that? xx Hope it heals fast!

• Heart

Milking Keynes

VIP Member
🤣🤣🤣friend?....never, ever FaceTime me without at least a day's warning!!!
Thank heaven for Mighty Peas*! I wasn't sure whether to put them on my face or my bottom....
You know they say after a certain age a layyydddeeee has to choose between the two? Well, although I am far too young I have had to make that decision already and let me tell you, my rear won!
Those Mighty Peas have really brought out the bruise!
Anyhoooo....I will let you off for the FaceTime surprise as a hair o' the dog was just the ticket. I was wondering if I would ever be the same again after last night. I know my bustier top won't! My detachable sleeve was last seen around Teddy Bear's neck!
As for my long lost secateurs, they have gone on 'holiday' with @fedup90210 !
What's a girl to do?
Thjnc illn gavd snosher hairy dog...hic!
* See Aldi and Lidl thread
Count me in ... I’m upfur nuthr hairy dog tooooo ❤

• Haha

Miscanthus

VIP Member
Ah, no.... what a terrible thing to happen to you. I was wondering where you were? We even searched the boathouse for our Miss(ing) Canthus - you’ve been sorely missed. Hope you are not in too much discomfort. ❤
@Milking Keynes @Geranium @Namima Thank you for your kind comments ❤
I stubbed my foot on the bed leg in bare feet...normally you just swear and move on but not this time! 🙄 I hate walking around in bare feet too but I was rushing.
Pain isn't toooooo bad (it's the toe next to my little toe, left foot), but it's annoying because I can't get a shoe on, because it's strapped up, or drive because of the pressure. I'm in the middle of a two week art event too! 😣

• Sad
  • Heart

MissMidnight

VIP Member
It’s already May 30th here, so I’m wishing you the most wonderful birthday @Milking Keynes!

I hope your special day is filled with lots of love, happiness, laughter, treasured moments, blue skies and an abundance of blessings.

Sending you much love from across the oceans!
💕 🥳 🎈 🎉

PS: I’m a Gemini too! ♊

Last edited:
  • Heart

Namima

VIP Member
Sinéad is one in a million, Hypnotic is the word. I have been to many of her concerts and she is wonderful live. She brings such emotion to Irish ballads that they take on a completely different dimension. I was at Tesco in Dun Laoghaire and she was ahead of me in the queue - then, I was at Kite’s restaurant in Ballsbridge and she was at a table beside me! She has aged badly but then she was so spectacularly beautiful - it was really hard not to stare. Irish people never go up to someone famous, though, it is considered very uncool. I was once sitting next to Bono in the Horseshoe bar in The Shelbourne and everyone acted like they didn’t know who he was! I actually see him driving his Masarati around quite a bit - but my sister-in-law, who is a New Yorker, started screaming out the car window at him - I was mortified!
She was so pretty in her heyday, her eyes were stunning and if a sort haircut ever suited someone 100% it was Sinèad.

@Oops have a lovely day with your daughter and please give Teddy a hug from me.

@Hi there sending you lots of warm wishes and positive vibes. 💞

And to the rest of the gang, sending you lots of love. Have a wonderful Sunday 🥰

• Heart

Namima

VIP Member
I am also feeling very worried about my daughter - state exams loom and I worry for her mental state. Her sleep patterns are erratic too, I got Gem cuddles last night too. I was watching a movie called How do you know - a charming romcom with Reese Witherspoon. I can recommend - light and engaging - just what we need!
Hugs to you @Milking Keynes ❤ My firstborn (son) wrote his final grade 12 last year - with 2 months of strict lockdown, on and off school thereafter, disrupted lessons - it was a very long and trying year. 2021 for your daughter is very much like his 2020. All we can do is just be by their sides, supporting them, cheering them on. Sometimes just a long chat about random stuff works a treat and sometimes just a hug does it.
Just wanted to add my love for this thread and you lovely lovely Tattlers ! I am not too good with showing my feelings but all I can say is when I see a long post ..."Yay" and when I get to the last post 😞
❤❤❤

• Heart

Namima

VIP Member
By golly it's nice of you to read the NZ Herald!! Thank you for your care, love and support!! 💝 Yes, it's a bit wet around the gills. 🐟 There are some smaller roads blocked off. There are some rivers around us which have broken their banks, but as long as the bridges are open, travelling to the school, supermarket and University should be okay. This week is the last week of lectures, then a study week, then cracking on with two weeks of exams. :m Tell you what though...it's not easy trying to study with the kids and Mr Fedup about. ;):ROFLMAO: (I will take a spoonful of concrete and harden up). Oh, and we just had a 5.1 earthquake 10 minutes ago. 😂😂😂

Thank you poppet! Your beautiful soirée yesterday cheered me up immensely, and gave me something else to think about! 🍄🌺🍾🌠
Thinking of you and your family in these crazy times ❤ Stay safe xoxoxo

@Geranium @fedup90210 saw this vid on IG and thought of you ladies. I don't know much about horses but this type of horse has always been a favourite of mine ... ❤

• Heart