Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Hi there

My heart just melted looking at Buddy’s photo! So dapper 💙 they really really are such special beings xx

• Heart
Reactions: 7

Bobby Chariot

VIP Member
I am 12 :D 🐶
Haddock and chips from the chippy is the order of the day (will remove the batter though, no salt & vinegar either please)
20210905_135213.jpg

• Heart

Oops...

VIP Member
The big fellow loves a bit of sunshine, he's been losing a bit of weight recently, despite eating like the proverbial horse, just old age though & the inability to absorb foods like anyone would when younger.
Got an appointment with the Vet next week anyway, for a wee check-up.
View attachment 624960
View attachment 624964
Oh - there’s dear Buddy again! Such a beautiful fellah! Keep us posted on what your vet says. Sending him (and you ) a big doggy hug. 🤗

• Heart

fedup90210

I’m so excited!

You ladies are on fire today. I’ve just been laughing my head off! The neighbours think I’ve lost the plot...
Hellooooooo Geranium! I was just wondering where you were, and here you are!! 💖

It's a masterclass of herbaceousness, even if I do blow my own trumpet! 🌻🌼🌺
Ooh, I wish that theredgossiper was still here - I would love to see you in a 'floor-all' outfit, blowing a trumpet lily! 🎺 I think you'd have us all floored with your flawless tooting! hehehe...

Birthday Girl in a Bonnet

Tomorrow’s my birthday
Sunday, May 30
Let’s head to @Oops place
and have us a party.
I’d host it myself
but my busicuits aren’t the best
Neither Fortnum or Mason
Not up to the occasion.
We’ll bring candles and cake
my daughter can bake
We’ll sit in the garden
and chat til it’s darkened
Of life and love
and poetry and song
Struggles and triumphs
and rights over wrong
We’ll share @Miscanthus’ Edinburgh Gin
So we’re lively within
We’ll bring our pets for Teddy Bear
Cos the Vets gave him a scare
We’ll enjoy High Tea
with scones, cake and a large G & T
Give a shout out to eachother
Cos we support one another
These refugees will unite
For an afternoon of delight
@Oops - our glorious host
We will appreciate the most
To you all, I raise a glass of Moët
From the Birthday Girl in a Bonnet! x
What a delightful little ditty! Well.....I have fantastic news - it is already the 30th May here in NZ, so shall we commence the celebrations forthwith!? 😘 🎂 Many happy returns to the most wonderful @Milking Keynes ! Hip hurrah, hip hurrah, hip hurrah!!!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha

fedup90210

Absolutely you are a joy! This is for a little group of us who became refugees again and not sure which site is best for us x:m

My senses tell me here might be better so we don’t go off topic on FS.
Really not sure what happened... :cry:
Thank you so much @Oops... That means a lot! ❤
I don't mind attempting to keep you lovely bunch of people 'on topic', and flick the odd pet cartoon up! 😅
To me, this wee thread is a tonic - it seems really peaceful. I haven't been contributing for long, but I have lurked for quite a while, and I feel that there are some really special individuals on here (and on the other thread too).
Thank you all for putting up with me - I feel that I just launched myself on you! 😉

P.S. 'Refugees' are one of my favourite subjects. (Literally). Actually, Oops (and others), I wonder if you might enjoy a book that I just finished reading (for University). You seem more inclined to being creative with words than I am (and perhaps might enjoy the literary techniques employed which were totally lost on me). The author's name is Behrouz Boochani, and the book is "No Friend But The Mountains". He is Kurdish/Iranian, and he wrote the book (via text/whatsapp believe it or not) while detained at Manus Island Detention Centre. It interested me because he now works at the University where I worked for 10 years after my first degree, (and now am back studying again. I think I'm institutionalised! 😅)

Anyway, I'll just pop this up here for anyone who is interested. I wouldn't call it the most 'pleasant' read, but I believe that sometimes we need to look at situations which are worse than our own, to truly know how blessed we are. 🤗
1621935378601.png

• Heart

Milking Keynes

VIP Member
Morning all - (or good evening NZ time).

I don't want to brag or anything, but an utter miracle has happened. I appear to have been upgraded to an 'active member', yet I haven't been for a walk in days! Incredible! 🤭 I did go to the Dr today though, and I have high blood pressure (very unusual for me, but it might explain the heart palpitations, and shortness of breath - doesn't explain the constant crying though). Maybe Tattle Life was trying to get me out for a walk or a jog, so that I earn the title "active." ;)

Hope you all are well out there. @Milking Keynes - hope you got that hydrangea securely stowed away underground. 🥰

P.S. I know nothing of this DM button. :unsure: I feel like I'm missing out on something.
Good morning! Sorry to hear about your high blood pressure - did he give you tablets? I was measured a bit high once or twice but I put it down to coffee beforehand. If you’re emotional, it’s most likely hormonal, and HRT did wonders for a pal of mine - added benefit - her skin looks amazing.

Congrats on a wonderful promotion - I wish you every success on the corporate ladder of Tattle success. I too climbed to these lofty heights and am a proud, difficult woman... wait, where did I hear that?

Hydrangeas planted and looking good!

Hehe love it !!! 😂 I've done that with my hubby and directions - he is terrible at remembering directions but won't admit it.

Imagine all of us at "Iconic Member" level ... 🤭 we will be swanning around all the tattle Life threads ...
Morning, Namima - you are already an icon, but yes - imagine when we are iconic status swanning around like we have a smell under our nose....!

• Heart

Hi there

Hello from Casper!! Not sure about others but HE is definitely making most of the sunshine and staying hydrated with lots of frozen yogurt licks 💙
31EA76BA-2A71-415C-9A5E-02BF528DB0C7.jpeg

• Heart

fedup90210

Awww! There were always cart horses at Chawton House and the girls who looked after them were so lovely. I think the horses served the brewery in times gone by.
That sounds extremely likely Miscanthus! This is what I remember from when I was young...the DB Clydesdales:
1622463039391.png

Lol! I have to confess I did have my eye on that but by the time I had gone back for my handbag it had disappeared!
@fedup90210 I love I Vow to the my Country too! It makes me sob! I wish it was our national anthem. So sorry to hear about the floods xx.
You and @Milking Keynes definitely have very good taste! ;):giggle:
There's so many good choral songs out there! Again...I wonder if I'm an 80 year old in a 46 year old body. (That reminds me...must purchase some L'Occitane Lavender foaming bath!) 💜
We are happy to be living on a hill right now, let me assure you! We were a little bit worried that our culvert at the bottom of the driveway might give out, but it's all okay at the moment. (I'm hoping that my newly planted peonies are going to cope with the deluge!) Oh well...such is life! ;)

Last edited:
  • Heart

Oops...

VIP Member
Ah, thanks @Miscanthus - you’ve made my day! ❤ What is life without a bonnet and structured bag and my dear friend with pincurls and dazzling brooch... #killeraccessories
Can you PLEASE put us all out of our misery and tell us WHERE you got that divine structured bag? I mean - it’s just so...er...spectacularly different...:D. Was it hand-embroidered by an itinerant pipe-lagger?

• Haha
  • Heart

Milking Keynes

VIP Member
Stunning collection. I have taken mine out of the wardrobe because it’s too cluttered so here’s
Stunning collection. I have taken mine out of the wardrobe because it’s too cluttered so here’s a pic of my little lot. I have 9
I have been listening to Sinead O’Connor on the loop past month…. Casper has had enough! As soon as her songs come on, he sighs and flops on the sofa.
I seek comfort in all of your heartbreak stories, knowing you all came out at the other side then may be I will too. Thank you all xxx
Oh my God, the connection in this group is so amazing - I can’t believe it - Sacrifice by Sinead omg I believe honestly Elton John/Bernie Taupin could not have imagined that song more beautifully sung than by Sinéad - her version incredible and @Hi there - you are so amazing to me - I love you - please keep us updated ❤

• Heart

Oops...

VIP Member
I’m so excited!

You ladies are on fire today. I’ve just been laughing my head off! The neighbours think I’ve lost the plot...
Your neighbours think you’ve lost the plot?
I must assure you - you have NOT!
It’s them - not you; They all should prove
Good reasons why you should not move ;)

• Haha
  • Heart

Milking Keynes

VIP Member
It's not easy being a mum eh? I had no idea of this when I was a youngster of course! I would try and encourage both of you (@Geranium included), to not worry about your little people - but you know them best, and you'll all find a way through. They are lucky to have you...beloved mums who love them and are concerned for them. All I can offer is a virtual hug from and island far far away!! (I can also offer a Netflix recommendation - "Emily in Paris" - quite short episodes, very easy going and 'cutesy' - perhaps even a good one to watch with your girls during a study break).

I have Uni exams looming in a couple of weeks, so have been trying to prepare. There's a lot of pressure - especially when there's such a lot at stake. It's funny the mindset that you get into - you almost feel that you 'have' to spend all of your time studying, and if you don't, you're not doing it right! But I have found recently that an evening off here and there, or a little bit of time digging in the (stony) garden, or watching the small ones jumping on the trampoline (even though it's getting pretty cold here currently), is just what the doctor ordered, and equates to this "work/life balance" that everyone refers to.

Much love to you all. 💞 ❤ 🌺
I watched Emily in Paris all episodes. The timing was perfect because we were all getting nostalgic for travel and vaccines were a long way away. Paris is such a lovely city - I love a walking city where you meander all day and never get a cab. I loved her French boss - so stylish and snarky! I said this before, but my younger sister lived in Paris for five years so I went over many times. I picked up so many vintage treasures from the shops at Palais Royale each trip. Amazing!

I wish you all the luck in the world in your exams - here, I’ll send you an Irish shamrock, symbolising faith, hope and love, to bring you luck ☘ I love your measured approach - don’t overdo it in spite of the stress, and enjoy your gardening and, above all, your little ones! X

• Heart

Oops...

VIP Member
Just popped over here for some much needed respite from the other thread.

Like Namima, even though I’m not from the UK, the whole Lilibet Diana thing made me positively ill!

Not only insulting to The Queen, but to Prince William, Catherine, and their little princess because her name is Charlotte Elizabeth Diana - like Lydia, MM has no class and is just plain gauche!

Now onto a happier topic … you guys!
How are you all today?

Sending love to you gorgeous humans - you really do help to keep me sane these days! ♥
Sanity? Oh yes - I remember sanity. :m That was before I ever heard of that nice Dr Fauci.:sick:

Anyhoo - thunderstorms ahead and a respite from watering. Sending love to all. My daughter still with me doing her consultations from my drawing room and I am trying hard not to miss her too much. At least we are in the same house. Neither of us are big drinkers but we killed 2 bottles of rose over a long supper in the garden on the first night she arrived. Boy was I sluggish next day! I know dearest @MissMidnight that you are entering your winter (almost phase). We have had our customary 2 weeks of sunshine for this year it seems...@Milking Keynes - did you get your staycation booked and is @Namima still in her pj’s?💛

Have caught up and NOW understand why our beloved @Miscanthus ‘went missing“...hope your poor toe heals quickly 💛WHY do these things happen at important times? WHY?

We need the full low-down on your exhibition. I have been on tenterhooks for weeks for you! :m

Sorry about your brain-freeze FEd! WHY does THAT happen? It’s soooooo frustrating and then your daughters ankle...Is there something in the air/water/ atmosphere? I thought you were busy with your exams and that’s why you hadn’t been able to post too. I have never seen The Lorax - there is clearly an educational shortfall in my life...Let us know how the rest of the exams go xx

Last edited:
  • Heart

fedup90210

The LSO strike up with ‘The Arrival of the Queen of Sheba’ by Handel as Mrs Bonnet-Bennet our beautiful Birthday girl steps out of her limo into the glorious sunshine. MAKD passes all of us our glasses of champagne and we toast her arrival in a state of sheer happiness and delight. She is shown to her seat at the head of the table. We all admire her beautifully perky herbaceous bonnet. It is truly a sight of wonder. Jamie (who borrowed Miss Canthus’s starched pinny) begins to wheel in the birthday lunch...

to be continued...
Ahhh....now this truly sets the scene. I have a dear friend who heard about the festivities and asked if he and some mates came along to participate. Do you mind? I promise you they won't be any trouble.

ETA: Forgive me for being so bold, but I have selected a song which I feel suits the group at our table particularly.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Oops...

VIP Member
Curioser and curioser....@Miss Midnight sent me a copy of what the mods had put up a while ago re DM. Ho9wever last week my little envelope appeared again and I was able to read old DM’s for some reason. I still can. So I sent a message to @Geranium - she did’t get it tho”. I guess the envelope was back but not useable. I wasn’t sure what was happening or if they had decided to reintroduce them.

I have great sympathy for anyone suffering with insomnia btw. It’s been the bane of my life for the last 30 odd years. It can be a bit debilitating to say the least.

Haven’t been able to post very much lately as we are really ‘silly seasoning it’ at work atm. We have a Presentation coming up on a tender we have been working on and so it’s been all hands on deck for a little while. It should mostly be put to bed half way through next week though. 🤗 Sending everyone big hugs xx

• Heart
  • Sad

Geranium

VIP Member
Thank you! Yes, you are right...it would have been even more annoying during the prep when I was running around. At least I can relax now. So frustrated though!!!
I've also been bitten by a horse fly and now on antibiotics because the rash is infected and spreading! 🤣
Oh no - horse fly bites are horrible! I’m glad you’re on the antibiotics. Those little bastards have jaws of steel, they can drive horses and cows insane. Hope you get better soon and keep an eye on the spread of that rash xxx

• Heart
  • Wow

fedup90210

Good evening all!!! Rightiho...I've not had the best day (yes...it started with massive insomnia last night - can you believe that I woke up at 0230am panicking about all of the things that I had to learn for my exam!? 😂 Uh. DOH! Exams are over dimwit! Anyway...life didn't get any better after watching a certain YouTuber who shall not be named.
So...to even up the stakes a little bit I thought I would place this here for anyone else that loves peonies as much as I... @Miscanthus I particularly thought of you while watching this. So many varieties here that I don't have, and that aren't in New Zealand - but I shall live vicariously through the people who do have better options.
Anyway...this guy is a bit of a hoot - hope anyone who watches, enjoys it.

Much love to all of you fabulous people. 💕🤗

• Heart