Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

fedup90210

Hope you are all having a beautiful day - I'm about to hit the hay, as it were, so thought I'd say 'nighty-night'.
I don't have a dog (or any other animals apart from cows and chickens), so thought that I would adopt Monty Don's dearly beloved dog Nigel. I believe he passed away over a year ago. I'm a huge fan of MD and Gardener's World - they always manage to get the apostrophe in the right place, and I find it so calming. Anyway...Nigel embodies for me how an animal, whether they live with you or not, can always make you smile even when you're feeling blue. I have loved seeing your animals and kind words to each other. ❤ 💙💜 (I feel I'm preaching to the choir). xx

• Heart
Reactions: 7

Milking Keynes

VIP Member
Just to let you know - Miss Midnight has just appeared from the Pink Room (she likes the bed in there). I was soooo tipsy-woo last night that I didn’t notice the much-loved Tardis still in the garden and I didn’t know she had slipped off to bed after our third rendition of I Vow to Thee My Country...Well she looks amazing as usual and we have decided to make a day of it together. Full marks to Namima for dropping off our International Others AND managing to send the Tardis back unmanned. I mean our group hidden talents are completely unfathomable. Miss Midnight is allowing me to do some nursing for her for a change and we have decided that the best way to inflate her lungs is for us to carry on singing. If you listen really hard you will be able to hear us...We’re just doing Jerusalem...No dear, it’s a little early for a Harvey Wallbanger...Give us our rods of burning gold...🎶

Edit; Teddy Bear has just come in from digging around the commemorative tree. He’s got a sleeve around his neck...and he’s found a pink shoe...
Oh, glad to hear you two are carrying on the party without us! After @Miscanthus post, I went to my trusty structured bag and - she is right- they carry a multitude. No wonder she got the candlesticks in there - I myself pulled out a very handsome bust - can’t remember how it got there, it’s all a bit hazy - but it is now perched on top of my upright piano! Oh, I do love a gin haze - zero accountability as one can’t remember 😉😉. Yes, indeed, I can hear wonderful mezzo-soprano voices in harmony. Your duet is magnificent!

• Haha
  • Heart

Geranium

VIP Member
Thanks to everyone who has responded.
I am determined to have a direct conversation about this very soon.
I feel incredibly supported by my friends on here and most of all, I feel heard. Which means a lot.
I’ll let you know any developments xxx

• Heart

Miscanthus

VIP Member
Oh no - the timing is the worst. I am assuming you are being ordered to rest and not travel to and from London? Are you exhibiting? In spite of this awful setback, this is very exciting!
Fortunately my exhibition is local...it's an open studio event...and it's my first time! I have been wanting to do it for two years so it's a big deal for me. I don't have to be there every day but I want to be!

Thank you for asking after me @Namima ...I was beginning to wonder if y'all had forgotten who I was. 😔🤗

Still in the middle of exams, so just dashing in and out quickly. (It's nearly 4am here, so about to hit the hay). Had an absolutely dreadful exam this morning - just blanked - so now I'm dealing with the 'crisis of confidence' aftermath. Argh. Moving on...only 5 more days to go, then there's a 3 week break. Wondering how the other exams are going across the world - @Milking Keynes @MissMidnight 😘

Went to Mr 7 and Miss 6's school production this evening of The Lorax. I literally cried my eyes out through the whole thing (it was dedicated to a beautiful student who went to the same school, and died this year at 14...so sad). The Lorax is such a poignant wee story!
Definitely not forgotten 😍. Good luck with the remaining exams.

Oh the pain, @Miscanthus … OUCH! 😖

Unfortunately broken bones always hurt quite badly, partly because they need to be bandaged or cast fairly tightly so the bone heals properly - such an inconvenience and horrible timing given your art event, that’s for sure.

I hope you were given some analgesia to take home with you so you aren’t too uncomfortable.

Stupid legs on beds!

Just in case you need my expert nursing skills, my pre-loved Tardis is at the ready - you just need to ring your shiny new call bell and I will be there! 🔔

Sending extra love and big hugs to you! ♥
Thanks so much! I am so annoyed with myself. I have osteoarthritis in my toes...have had for years...so am extra protective of them. You never usually find me barefoot...er....stooopid bed!
Your tardis would be so useful right now!! 🙄

Oh no! So sorry to hear that! I was thinking about you while watching Josie's latest offering (To be frank...I don't want her talking about peonies - just leave one thing unspoilt! 😂 )
Miss 19 ended up fracturing her ankle while playing football tonight, and after a trip to A&E ended up with a moon boot on...there must be something in the air! ;)

Take care poppet xx
Thank you! My peonies are out now and I was thinking of you! 😅
Poor Miss 19....A&E..fractured ankle?!?! That sounds really serious 😣 and much more impressive than stubbing a toe!
Hoping it heals quickly 😍

Last edited:
  • Heart

Oops...

VIP Member
Preaching...

When you preach to the choir we‘ll always admire the words you have chosen to use
We’re on the same page, there’s no side and no rage
And for Monty’s old dog there were queues
I loved him to bits, and his face always fits when attempting to stir up emotion
What a beautiful boy, he’ll be missed but the joy
He created would cross any ocean...

🌈 Nigel💛

• Heart

Miscanthus

VIP Member
Oh thank you for the picture of the glorious Mr. Archer Karcher Darcy. I would be delighted to bring him - we can make good use of him - he’s very handy around a farm, isn’t he? Certainly around a cornfield ... on the subject of my missing bonnet - can we get @Miscanthus to paste our pic of us both in deep conversation wearing bonnet (moi) and she stunning in pin curls - over here? Mrs Milking Bonnet-Bennet cannot be without bonnet.

Happy Saturday - and what a glorious start to the day - a swoon worthy pic of Archer blowing us all a kiss 💋
Here we are! Looking fab!

20210529_124542.png

• Haha
  • Heart

Miscanthus

VIP Member
Sanity? Oh yes - I remember sanity. :m That was before I ever heard of that nice Dr Fauci.:sick:

Anyhoo - thunderstorms ahead and a respite from watering. Sending love to all. My daughter still with me doing her consultations from my drawing room and I am trying hard not to miss her too much. At least we are in the same house. Neither of us are big drinkers but we killed 2 bottles of rose over a long supper in the garden on the first night she arrived. Boy was I sluggish next day! I know dearest @MissMidnight that you are entering your winter (almost phase). We have had our customary 2 weeks of sunshine for this year it seems...@Milking Keynes - did you get your staycation booked and is @Namima still in her pj’s?💛

Have caught up and NOW understand why our beloved @Miscanthus ‘went missing“...hope your poor toe heals quickly 💛WHY do these things happen at important times? WHY?

We need the full low-down on your exhibition. I have been on tenterhooks for weeks for you! :m

Sorry about your brain-freeze FEd! WHY does THAT happen? It’s soooooo frustrating and then your daughters ankle...Is there something in the air/water/ atmosphere? I thought you were busy with your exams and that’s why you hadn’t been able to post too. I have never seen The Lorax - there is clearly an educational shortfall in my life...Let us know how the rest of the exams go xx
Thank you @Oops... how lovely to have your daughter with you. I completely understand the rosé consumption. Sometimes it just slips down! 😉
I wasn't really missing, just busy with prep for the 2 week open studio event. The toe break is just a massive issue for me and the timing is the worst, smack bang in the middle. If it had happened during lockdown it would have made no difference! No golf for me either but my golf buddy has been on the phone because her dog died suddenly and she is inconsolable. Life is challenging sometimes.
It's nice not to worry about watering the garden and all my plants as I was convinced I would trip over the hosepipe and meet my demise!
Fingers crossed for the tender 🤞
In both my careers I have found that the higher the price the more the client wants to work with you because they think you must be the absolute best! 😁

• Heart

fedup90210

View attachment 595117

Speaking of frenzy - there is no doubt in my mind (at all) that a certain Mrs Milking Bonnet-Bennet 👒 will invite a certain Mr Archer Karcher on our NZ trip. He will need his own bed-in-a-shed (don’t ask)...I mention this merely for the sake of transparency. Discretion forbids I say more... 🤫
Well! I am 'almost' speechless. :eek::oops: (But also somehow "rolling on the floor yet somehow still typing" - quote - Mr Bill Bailey).

Of course you may bring Mr Karcher - however I believe you have attached the wrong picture, as he is a tad bit 'orange', whereas Mr Karcher is more 'yellow'.
1622282206616.png

However, if the 'yellow' Mr Karcher is unavailable, of course Mr Darcy would be most welcome. (Thoroughly swoon-worthy).
You're welcome. :m🔥
1622282572133.png

Oh thank you for the picture of the glorious Mr. Archer Karcher Darcy. I would be delighted to bring him - we can make good use of him - he’s very handy around a farm, isn’t he? Certainly around a cornfield ... on the subject of my missing bonnet - can we get @Miscanthus to paste our pic of us both in deep conversation wearing bonnet (moi) and she stunning in pin curls - over here? Mrs Milking Bonnet-Bennet cannot be without bonnet.

Happy Saturday - and what a glorious start to the day - a swoon worthy pic of Archer blowing us all a kiss 💋
Good mooooooorniiiiing @Milking Keynes 💓 I can hardly wait for this picture!!

• Haha

Milking Keynes

VIP Member
I will start with a poem about a certain dog called GEM...she is part of the family of someone very dear to me 🤫
(They do say dogs grow to behave just like their owners don’t they?)

Little Gem from Ireland soared above the Richter scale
With her sturdy glossy body slightly longer than her tail
Her low-set pendant ears were a delight; her round eyes bold
In short she was a beauty and a vision to behold

The squareness of her muzzle and her nostrils open wide
Her legs so straight and well-boned gave her level back a ride
Her white coat was well groomed as every lovely curled eye lash
And she used a dainty napkin for her beard and her moustache

Her beauty came not just from looks - though lovely as she was
It came from a much deeper source; it simply was because
She was the kindest little dog the world has ever seen
It oozed from deep within her heart, her liver and her spleen

Yes beauty glowed within and on the outside love poured out
She spent her life bestowing this great gift and without doubt
The greatest loan she made was her most sympathetic ear
This Samaritan would cross a mountain range to save a tear

She went to every rescue, not a single soul was spurned
From the boomerang of kindness she unfailingly returned
A chip on any shoulder caused by cruelty or lack
Would simply disappear with tiny pats upon the back

Benevolence and empathy became her living creed
She’d share her gifts repeatedly with anyone in need
Never scared she showed she cared by loving others more
And a healing light emitted from each digit on her paw

Her place in doggy heaven was undoubtedly secure
The extra mile she always went with kindness true and pure
Filled souls with hope and blessings - what a picture she could paint
Our little Gem from Ireland - gentle soul and living Saint...
I’m crying .. so moving... I will cherish this always and forever. Such a beautiful poem.. Thank you to my beloved Oops and Teddy Bear... sending big hugs across the Irish Sea 🐶❤🐶❤🐶❤

• Heart

MissMidnight

VIP Member
Hey @Oops..., @Milking Keynes, @Miscanthus, @AmaliaLana and @Geranium.

I have some very sad news to share with you guys.

The gorgeous @Namima and I found each other on Facebook, via an unexpected mutual friend, over a year ago and we’ve been in constant contact since then, so I offered to deliver this news on her behalf.

As you might be aware, Namima’s mum has been extremely unwell recently … heartbreakingly, she passed away early yesterday afternoon. 💔

Understandably, Namima is absolutely distraught and overwhelmed with grief at the moment, so watching influencers on YouTube and contributing to their Tattle threads is the last thing on her mind.

If anyone feels like posting a message of condolence, sympathy or support, I promise I will make sure she gets it. xo

• Heart

fedup90210

Just to let you know - Miss Midnight has just appeared from the Pink Room (she likes the bed in there). I was soooo tipsy-woo last night that I didn’t notice the much-loved Tardis still in the garden and I didn’t know she had slipped off to bed after our third rendition of I Vow to Thee My Country...Well she looks amazing as usual and we have decided to make a day of it together. Full marks to Namima for dropping off our International Others AND managing to send the Tardis back unmanned. I mean our group hidden talents are completely unfathomable. Miss Midnight is allowing me to do some nursing for her for a change and we have decided that the best way to inflate her lungs is for us to carry on singing. If you listen really hard you will be able to hear us...We’re just doing Jerusalem...No dear, it’s a little early for a Harvey Wallbanger...Give us our rods of burning gold...🎶

Edit; Teddy Bear has just come in from digging around the commemorative tree. He’s got a sleeve around his neck...and he’s found a pink shoe...
Can I just say that I adore the song "I Vow to Thee My Country"! (Genuinely! It harks back to my Cathedral choral days (yes, we wore cassocks and surplices!) No wonder we got onto our third rendition!

@Milking Keynes will you duet with me on the piano when I eventually go on my world tour? :m 🎹🎼🎶🎵

Oooh.....Miss Canthus, I might be able to provide a partial answer to the issue of the wandering secateurs. I am forever losing mine, so when I saw a 'spare' pair around the planting spot of the memorial tree (which I can assure you was actually a tree, and not dear Miss Bonnet Benet - what a frightful thought - you poor dear!) Anyway...I saw darling Teddy Bear snuffling around the base of the tree, and I thought that a couple of branches might scratch his velvety nose, so I snipped them off quickly! (I know...I know....I should really leave such matters to the professionals (you), but you were involved in a rousing rendition of Bread of Heaven, and I felt it would be improper to interrupt!) Now, the slight 'fly in the ointment' is the predisposition (which I mentioned earlier) that I have to 'losing' secateurs. They don't get 'lost' per se, but rather go on holiday unattended for an unprescribed period of time. So, even though I know that they didn't come home with me (because, honestly, I'm not that organised!), it is most likely that Miss Oops will find them under a bush or shrub on the next fine day. ♥

• Haha
  • Heart

Milking Keynes

VIP Member
🐶 Teddy says to tell your friend he is tip-top 💛 He also said to tell her he loves her😘

I took photos of us and I would love to put them up but obviously can’t. Big sigh...

Thank you for your lovely post 💛💛

View attachment 611065

This was the backdrop though - obviously we moved the desk to the middle and moved the sofa away for the presentation...
So beautiful. What a calming space. I could see myself sitting there, happily reading, Aperol Spritz in hand, Gem on my lap...... getting carried away here .. and the cushions ❤.

• Heart
  • Haha

Milking Keynes

VIP Member
Oh So Good To Have You Back!! Missed you something rotten! ❤❤ Wow, you have been so busy - well, if you were going to neglect us, I would hope it would be something bigger than big. Fingers crossed for you but I have a feeling you don’t need it... hard work, great prep, your immense knowledge and talents and, as you say, the magic of the numbers aligning on the day is so wonderful. I am imagining you giving the presentation against the backdrop of your gorgeous garden.

Welcome back,@Oops! This occasion calls for a Bennet-Bonnet. I’ll water it now! 🥰🥰 Ps- Is Teddy Bear fully recovered? Again, asking for a friend...🐶

• Heart

fedup90210

What a glorious setting!

Thank you for my beautiful flowers - I’ll post a pic of daughter’s prospective harvest of carrots 🙏🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼
We are so blessed where we live! We're not wealthy people, but I tell hubby all the time that we are "rich" in regards to our environment. We actually don't explore the whole farm nearly as much as we should. Weird isn't it? Drive up driveway, get out of car, go into house. Don't look left or right...too busy! 😂

I eagerly await the prospective harvest of carrots! How long ago did she sow the seeds? I love carrots. Need to figure out when to get onto that. 🥕🐰

Amazing - did it actually turn red when it changed colour?
It's kind of an orangey/red colour at the moment. As it turns out, hubby has just sent me the most recent pic! (How lucky that I can give you 'live updates'!) Actually - thank you for caring! ❤
1622030020742.png

• Heart

Namima

VIP Member
Thank you for asking after me @Namima ...I was beginning to wonder if y'all had forgotten who I was. 😔🤗

Still in the middle of exams, so just dashing in and out quickly. (It's nearly 4am here, so about to hit the hay). Had an absolutely dreadful exam this morning - just blanked - so now I'm dealing with the 'crisis of confidence' aftermath. Argh. Moving on...only 5 more days to go, then there's a 3 week break. Wondering how the other exams are going across the world - @Milking Keynes @MissMidnight 😘

Went to Mr 7 and Miss 6's school production this evening of The Lorax. I literally cried my eyes out through the whole thing (it was dedicated to a beautiful student who went to the same school, and died this year at 14...so sad). The Lorax is such a poignant wee story!
Awww, I'm sure you will do excellently. Concentrate on what's ahead. You'll be fine 👏
Lovely that you got an evening out even though it had some sadness attached to it. What a thoughtful sending off for the student.
Have a good rest xoxo

• Heart