Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Miscanthus

VIP Member
Just popped over here for some much needed respite from the other thread.

Like Namima, even though I’m not from the UK, the whole Lilibet Diana thing made me positively ill!

Not only insulting to The Queen, but to Prince William, Catherine, and their little princess because her name is Charlotte Elizabeth Diana - like Lydia, MM has no class and is just plain gauche!

Now onto a happier topic … you guys!
How are you all today?

Sending love to you gorgeous humans - you really do help to keep me sane these days! ♥
Totally agree with sentiments about MM but I nailed my colours to that mast some time ago.

Well...I managed to break a toe at the weekend so hobbling around now! Der! On the plus side, more Tattle time!

Thanks for the love...sending love back ❤❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 7

Oops...

VIP Member
So beautiful. What a calming space. I could see myself sitting there, happily reading, Aperol Spritz in hand, Gem on my lap...... getting carried away here .. and the cushions ❤.
One day...Mrs Bennet-Bonnet - one day...🙏. I can sleep up to 10 of us too...and then there’s the cellar just below...So I’m seeing a long weekend...I’m seeing laughter...I’m seeing bonnets - lots and lots of bonnets...👒👒👒

9D60AE41-4872-4819-941D-BA51B4DCA123.jpeg

In the meantime your deck chair and book await...😘

Last edited:
  • Heart

Geranium

VIP Member
Love it!! :m💓 Well, that's easy - I'll be done by July 2022 - graduation ceremony will be in December, so either works! (Anyone fancy a summer Christmas!?)
View attachment 595068

I'll make sure there's a pony here for @Geranium (a 'vertically challenged one' though...never fear, I heard your plea), and we shall string lights up throughout the barn. (I'm thinking in the style of "The Repair Shop").

Might need to pack some gumboots. :unsure::LOL:💓

The edit is a perfect add on Oops!! You won't need to take the pooches for walkies up the street...we've got 10 acres (with rabbits!) to explore on! :m (Gosh, can you imagine the frenzy!?)
I’m so excited!

You ladies are on fire today. I’ve just been laughing my head off! The neighbours think I’ve lost the plot...

• Heart
  • Haha

Milking Keynes

VIP Member
Very sensible. You may need a different antibiotic but usually they work pretty quick! Thank goodness we have them. Take care xx

:D
I feel I should say that the pain of multiple bites drives the cattle/horses mad figuratively rather than literally, our lovely @Miscanthus is not going to go bonkers and jump out of her field!
That is a visual - a bonkers @Miscanthus jumping out of her field! What a rotten week, in fairness. I don’t know what’s in the water right now but my sister has a massive sty and is also on antibiotics and topical steroids and looks like the elephant man and my sis in law rang me last night with a painful abscess in her ear.

• Sad

Oops...

VIP Member
Hello, my lovely Vignettes 🎤🎹🎼 like The Roxettes...

Just had to come here to say that the Leaving Cert results are out today and my Anna got 577 points that is more than enough to get her in to Architecture at UCD. She got 6H2 and 2 H1s - a H2 is a low A, ie 85%+ and a H1 is a high A ie 90%+.

All of you here know that she had a breakdown at the start of the school year and it was a very upsetting time for the family. I wanted to let you know because you have been the most supportive group and I have been absolutely blessed to have you onside this last year. I know @Namima in particular understood the stresses as her boy took the Matriculation Exams in South Africa during Covid. If you were here now - I’d give you a big hug. We thought the year would be written off academically but she managed to pull it out of the bag.

You all also know that I have posted her art on this thread and delighted to say she got a H1 in Art - never before in the history of the school has it been given.

After a year of worry, this is nothing short of a miracle. Thank you guys - I will never forget your kindness and support. ❤🥰🥰
THE BEST NEWS EVER!!!

Well done Anna!!!
1639041184779.png

• Heart

Milking Keynes

VIP Member
Bonkers in a Field

A boast of bonnets charging round
Their owners all quite bonkers
They snorted, neighed, frisked tails and played
Then jumped the fence like plonkers
Their watered hats and pony plaits
Were such a splendid sight
With vented spleens these dancing queens
All galloped Friday night...
Oh, this made me chortle this morning! 👏🏻👏🏻👒👒❤

Can I just say a big, huge thank you to all of you for your warm wishes and positive energy and support for Anna during her exams. ❤ She only has one left - Classics - in ten days time. So she is pretty much done and got through it unscathed!

• Heart

Milking Keynes

VIP Member
Hi dear friends, I’m ok, just awaiting some screening results which is always an anxiety inducing process. I’ve got back into my regular volunteering roles this week and have spent lots of time outdoors which is helping and am shortly off to do some poo picking in a muddy field with some elderly ponies.
I’m still not exactly myself but I’m better than I was a few days ago, thank you so much for checking in on me xx Means so much ❤
Dear @Geranium, I’m only picking up this thread now so I was unaware of how you have been suffering. I really hope you are feeling a bit better. I haven’t been here since November, I think, as I thought the thread had stalled, and had no idea. I hope that you are getting medical support from your GP as well as lots of appreciation from your volunteering colleagues and your friends here and your family too. So glad your daughter’s cat returned though.

Also, really hard to hear about @Namima and all your losses. What a desperately upsetting time. Sending lots of love and warmest wishes to both of you, your friend, MK ❤❤

• Heart

Oops...

VIP Member
View attachment 568335
We are bunnies
Here to tell you hunnies
You want a vignette?
You ain’t seeing nothing yet

This tattle thread is jokes
Is it a hoax?

Some people may just blab-it
Not us, not B-Rabbit
x2 - a honey bunny💛
I love your post it’s funny
No hoax - it’s all for real
Do tell us how they feel
;)

• Heart

Oops...

VIP Member
Sweet William

Hello there - I’m William - I’d win any prize
For my utterly beautiful puppy-dog eyes
Let them charm and disarm you - for I am aware
Of the powerful depth of my hypnotic stare
I’ve been told by so many in so many ways
Of the soulfulness held in my languorous gaze
Let everyone love me and everyone dote
And remark on the shine of my beautiful coat
I’m gloriously gorgeous - it’s been my proud duty
To galvanise all with my manifest beauty
And Tilly; my human, adores me I know it
And I adore her and she knows ‘cos I show it

My best pal is Gracie - she’s always in tow
She’s older and taught me most things that I know
And when we’re together we haven’t a care
We share Christmas hats and a fireside chair
She gives me support and she gives me a cheer
When I enter my red-zone and go chasing deer
My chasing is harmless and very well meant
But nothing can stop me when I get the scent
There’s really no point in you calling me back
’Cos I’m off like an arrow - a fur cracker-jack
I can cover two fields in a second or two
But I’ll always come home in the end back to you

I love to watch wild-life like squirrels and birds
And I love to watch people in ones or in herds
I love little babies they make me feel soppy
I get so excited my head goes all floppy
I love climbing ladders - now isn’t that clever?
It isn’t your usual canine endeavour
Tilly says I am skilful and cheeky and fun
And that’s all that matters when all’s said and done
At the end of the day when our home’s in a muddle
With my paws round her neck I give Tilly a cuddle
Tilly is mine and to me she’s so dear
I’m the happiest Spitz in the world when she’s near

Last edited:
  • Heart

Milking Keynes

VIP Member
Ha ha! I actually met Davy Jones from the Monkees. I was about 17 and he was doing panto in Liverpool. I can’t remember how or why but me and my boyfriend ended up going out for a drink with him. He asked me what I wanted and trying to be very grown up I asked for a gin and tonic. I was so naive I didn’t realise the tonic came separately and took a huge nervous gulp of neat gin and nearly died! He was so sweet and apologised for not adding my tonic in himself. It’s a lovely memory of a really nice guy.
The gin was a double and I ended up drinking it all, I floated home that night! Start of a lifetime love affair with gin ha ha!
Wonderful story! I love when celebrities turn out to be as nice as you hoped they would. I actually had my first gin & tonic last night - as I had, a little like you, a situation where I overindulged aged 15. I took glugs of gin believing that it would have an immediate effect. Unsurprisingly, before too long I was pretty bombed and had to be held upright by a few friends outside Wesley disco. I have stayed away from gin ever since.

Last night, though, my friend made me a G&T- Boyle’s Gin, Fever Tree Elderflower Tonic, Ice & very ripe Orange Slice. Well, I never, what a delicious surprise! Dangerously delish. I can finally put that awful memory to bed!

• Heart

Milking Keynes

VIP Member
OH MY GOODNESS - What a spectacular wake-up!! I got up to make Mr M-K his breakfast, got myself a cup of coffee and my laptop and WOW - how lucky am I to have such wonderful friends! Thank you all so much. What can I say?! Feeling warm, fuzzy and special.

My cards and wishes are fantastic - you guys are so creative! My wonderful, @Oops, kicking off proceedings with a Sonnet, no less. The absolute honour - I’m putting it in my wallet to carry around with me always. Thank you!! 🎂🎂❤❤❤🍹🍹☘☘☘☘🐶🐶🥰🥰🥰🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪

Going to water my bonnet now so it’s extra perky for the party.

Eta - Now I know how Trunchy must have felt in her Mushroom Suit! 🍄🍄🍄 Very special indeed! ❤

Last edited:
  • Heart

DandyTandy

VIP Member
Oh, this made me chortle this morning! 👏🏻👏🏻👒👒❤

Can I just say a big, huge thank you to all of you for your warm wishes and positive energy and support for Anna during her exams. ❤ She only has one left - Classics - in ten days time. So she is pretty much done and got through it unscathed!
That’s wonderful news! So happy for you and your daughter!! 😊

My morning visitor. Peeping in at the scullery window. Although I am in a major coastal city, we have lots of protected wildlife that visit us on the daily - monkeys, mongoose, ducks, egyptian geese, storks. The monkeys love to peep in to see what's on the menu to swipe lol. The monkeys are able to push door handles down to open the doors - doors have to be locked ! The cats and dogs mostly just ignore the monkeys - although the monkeys love to interfere, very playfully, with Kaiser our German Shepherd. He loves it though !
so Cute!! 😍 It looks like he/she is about to grab that silver ball.

• Heart
  • Haha

Oops...

VIP Member
I’m here! 7pm on the dot..... hellooooooooo!! Synchronise your watches! Nnneeeiiiigggghhhhhh - oh, there you all are ❤

May I add you have all been watering those bonnets👒👒👒👒👒👒👒👒 What a sight!!

Actually, what do we call a collection of bonnets? A coterie of bonnets? A milieu of bonnets? I know - a boast of bonnets!!👒👒👒👒👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Bonkers in a Field

A boast of bonnets charging round
Their owners all quite bonkers
They snorted, neighed, frisked tails and played
Then jumped the fence like plonkers
Their watered hats and pony plaits
Were such a splendid sight
With vented spleens these dancing queens
All galloped Friday night...

• Heart
  • Haha

Geranium

VIP Member
Morning peeps !!! ☀

@Geranium ... I was thinking of you this morning after seeing your post on Lydia's thread re apologies. You have such a soft, kind heart. ❤ Hope you are feeling well today. xoxoxo
Thank you!
I’m ok. Hoping to get away for a little break next week.

hope everyone is doing well xx

• Heart

fedup90210

Thinking of you and your family in these crazy times ❤ Stay safe xoxoxo

@Geranium @fedup90210 saw this vid on IG and thought of you ladies. I don't know much about horses but this type of horse has always been a favourite of mine ... ❤
View attachment 597569
Ooh Namima! You found us a beauty there!! I dare say that is a Dutch Draft, but I am happy to be corrected! (Definitely the kind of bone structure that Geranium likes, although perhaps wop him off at the knees!) ;) S/he's gorgeous! ♥
ETA: thank you for your well wishes!! 🤗

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha

Milking Keynes

VIP Member
Good Morning! Hope you are all well today. You remember I posted a pic of my daughter’s raised bed and her attempt to grow carrots? Well..... drum roll..... Result!!

A77BC52F-02F6-4014-B187-5350F8271B95.jpeg

• Heart

Geranium

VIP Member
I’m helping you. I’m singing Daydream Believer as loud as I can! #manifestingfor@oops
🐒🙊🙉🙈🐵🐒
Ha ha! I actually met Davy Jones from the Monkees. I was about 17 and he was doing panto in Liverpool. I can’t remember how or why but me and my boyfriend ended up going out for a drink with him. He asked me what I wanted and trying to be very grown up I asked for a gin and tonic. I was so naive I didn’t realise the tonic came separately and took a huge nervous gulp of neat gin and nearly died! He was so sweet and apologised for not adding my tonic in himself. It’s a lovely memory of a really nice guy.
The gin was a double and I ended up drinking it all, I floated home that night! Start of a lifetime love affair with gin ha ha!

• Heart
  • Haha