Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Milking Keynes

VIP Member
Hi ladies !!!

I'm not even British but the "Lilibet" issue really annoyed me !!! There is just something about MM I cannot stand.
Missed you ladies. 💞Tomorrow is a public holiday (bank holiday) in South Africa 🎉🎉🎉 and I intend on doing a "Lydia" and slothing around in my pjs ...
Hey, Namima!

Yes - I agree - you don’t need to be British to be disgusted by the Lilibet issue. It’s sickening to most, I’m sure. A public holiday tomorrow, yay - an opportunity to take a leaf out of Lydia’s book is right. That means a ‘lay in’, pancakes or gangsta sausage rolls made by your OH, PJ’s all day and a good Tattle read and Rosé and Anne with an E from 4pm. Enjoy! ❤😉

• Heart
Reactions: 8

Namima

VIP Member
Yeah - she is the OG and has been around forever but looks soo young. Her YT channel is very popular.

One time I was in Paris, we went over to watch Ireland v France in the Six Nations and my husband got tickets for the nose-bleed section even though he is with me twenty years and knows I suffer from Acrophobia - so I endeavoured to follow him up the steps and had a full-on vertigo induced panic attack and lay full frontal on the steps shaking. He was mortified but a lovely, elderly doctor who had an aisle seat talked me out of my panic. What a lovely samaritan. He held my hand and got me to sit down - I was petrified.

Anyway, Ireland won. I got my revenge later on, though, because we got on the train back to the city and my hub was so busy looking at his phone that he missed the stop. Me and the kids didn’t alert him - we just stepped off! Ha! I remember some Irish supporters noticed and tried knocking on the train window before it whisked him away and I just said “Ah, he’ll be fine”!!
Hehe love it !!! 😂 I've done that with my hubby and directions - he is terrible at remembering directions but won't admit it.

Morning all - (or good evening NZ time).

I don't want to brag or anything, but an utter miracle has happened. I appear to have been upgraded to an 'active member', yet I haven't been for a walk in days! Incredible! 🤭 I did go to the Dr today though, and I have high blood pressure (very unusual for me, but it might explain the heart palpitations, and shortness of breath - doesn't explain the constant crying though). Maybe Tattle Life was trying to get me out for a walk or a jog, so that I earn the title "active." ;)

Hope you all are well out there. @Milking Keynes - hope you got that hydrangea securely stowed away underground. 🥰

P.S. I know nothing of this DM button. :unsure: I feel like I'm missing out on something.
Imagine all of us at "Iconic Member" level ... 🤭 we will be swanning around all the tattle Life threads ...

• Heart
  • Haha

Geranium

VIP Member
I just wanted to share this poem, which means a lot to me. It’s much better read aloud though... by W S Merwin

When I think of the patience I have had
back in the dark before I remember
or knew it was night until the light came
all at once at the speed it was born to
with all the time in the world to fly through
not concerned about ever arriving
and then the gathering of the first stars
unhurried in their flowering spaces
and far into the story the planets
cooling slowly and the ages of rain
then the seas starting to bear memory
the gaze of the first cell at its waking
how did this haste begin this little time
at any time this reading by lightning
scarcely a word this nothing this heaven

• Heart

fedup90210

Thank you! I adored Trigger. This was on a beach in Anglesey. The picture of Roo is also taken in Anglesey. The lighthouse is The Skerries . It’s the place in the world I feel most at home and where I always encounter my childhood self and feel the spirits of my parents near me.
I agree that being around horses is just brilliant for mental health. You don’t have to ride, just be near them. I love the sound of horses cropping grass :)

mittens is such a cute name for a cat ❤
I had to have a quick google to inform myself where Anglesey is. What a beautiful place!! Parts of New Zealand have often been likened to Wales. Stunning, and with a wildness about it (if you catch my drift).

Also - apologies all for infiltrating this thread. I needed a calming balm after the LM thread - to be frank, I've actually been feeling a bit reclusive/down over the past couple of weeks (can't manage to attend lectures in person currently which is a good hint to me that all is not well), and this has been just the ticket - so thank you. ❤

I’ve never been able to write a Haiku - I love them though.💛 Is that your cat? What is your cat called?

Going back to your first post, did you ever see the cat at Paddington Station (years ago) she was huge and everyone loved her. She lived there in her basket and became a great attraction.
@LittleMy and @Oops... I hope you'll forgive me for posting this, but I remember reading about Haiku earlier, and saw this post from a wonderful artist on Instagram, and wondered if you would like it? I love her sketches. ❤

Last edited:
  • Heart

Oops...

VIP Member
As the evening draws in and shawls are worn around cool shoulders we can all look back on a day well spent. We have laughed, cried, gossiped, discussed, danced and giggled. Did I mentioned we sang? The kind of singing where you know all the words and rock from side to side in perfect unison and that was after the LSO left at 8pm. Another journey we have been on together and celebrated . Naturally we got slightly tipsy, slightly whimsical and slightly silly. Together. Who knew that all of us would be happy to accidentally fall into a tree pit in order to be rescued by a handsome man? Who knew gin could taste quite so medicinal and be so good for us? Who knew dogs actually do practise telepathy? And who knew Mrs Bonnet-Bennet would leave here to go back across the sea to Ireland with 16 freshly cut irises in her bonnet? Who? Tell me that...👒 I’m off to water our commemorative tree - thanks to Miss Canthus.

BTW - Dandy Tandy has just left in her squirrel-drawn golden chariot and my neighbours didn’t bat an eye...:rolleyes:

Edit = Typo alert!!! The eagle-eyed amongst you will have realised I wrote in post 260 that Jamie had laid out the ‘scummiest’ supper banquet for us. It should of course have said scrummiest!!! Aggghhhh. I wrote scrummiest but it auto corrected and I didn’t notice...😔

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha

Oops...

VIP Member
Oooh @Oops... I will go to sleep with a smile on my dial. This is such a beautiful tribute to lovely Nigel.
"What a beautiful boy, he'll be missed but the joy he created would cross any ocean..." Very touching - I have some little tears but the heart is still smiling. xx
With a smile on your dial you will stand out a mile
We can picture you as you lie sleeping
As your angels watch over
Each Buster and Rover and Nigel may visit you, peeping
At the girl with a tear, but let’s be very clear
Your heart has been touched and it’s smiling
What a picture you paint - we could easily faint
At the thought of you there so beguiling...

Last edited:
  • Heart

fedup90210

I was up early this morning. The uninitiated observer might have been surprised to see Mr Archer Karcher Darcy standing on guard outside at my electric gates. I wasn’t. I simply checked that he was there; prepared to fight to the death to keep any marauding throngs out and to let the VIP guests in. Today it’s THE PARTY! She’s chugging across the Irish Sea as I write and Miss Midnight, Miss Canthus and Miss Geranium and I have been tying burlap ribbons round the old mulberry tree for quite some time. The table has been set by @toomuchstuff and @fedup90210 . Naturally, we booked Jamie Oliver to cook and the London Symphony Orchestra will perform at the top of the garden this evening whilst us girls sit outside on the white terrace and get a little tipsy as we become more and more whimsical and hilariously funny. We do like a good bit of whimsy don’t we? It reminds us so well of our dear friend - our guest of honour - the one and only Mrs Bonnet-Bennet..! You find me at this very moment in my wine cellar choosing some fine wines for the proceedings. Teddy Bear stands at the top of the cellar steps. Today he has allowed me to groom him (he hates being groomed) but he is anxious to look his best when he greets Gem, Roo and Casper. @Hi there has given Casper a lovely bath this morning and he is presently swaddled in his towel whilst his mama puts her glad rags on.
We have placed the much-loved Tardis out of sight behind the summer house. Well - I say summer house but actually it’s a shed I had painted ’Elderflower Mist’. Our Darling Miss Midnight so kindly collected Namima and @happyforest and @toomuchstuff and @fedup90210 and everyone is dashing round like headless chickens (welcome to my world) in order that everything is perfect for the Grand Arrival. We all are working with happy hearts and cheerful banter and are very excited indeed. @Sofie has closed the door to her kitchen and made haste to be here and should be arriving any time soon...@DandyTandy has harnessed her squirrels and is arriving in Trunchy’s gilded coach. She plans to stop off on the way to give @Hi there and Casper a lift. It’s all coming together beautifully!

To be continued...
View attachment 596186
Table set - tick...

View attachment 596190

Wine chosen - tick...

View attachment 596193

Teddy groomed - tick...

View attachment 596196

Terrace ready - tick...
Well well well!!! This is stunning Miss Oops! (Not that I'm at all surprised). Not one to toot 📯my own trumpet 🎺, but it has to be said that @toomuchstuff and I did a mighty fine job of setting a splendiferous table! I brought my ruler over from the colonies especially. I am certainly enough of a royalist to know that this is how it is done in the Mother Land. 👑 (Although...not easy to remember my 'left's' and 'right's' when exhausted from the travel, and the jet-lag - however, it was a joy to pull out all of the stops to celebrate the one, the only, shamrock gifter, the beautiful and much adored Mrs Bonnet Bennet. (A side note - how wonderful to meet the lovely Mr Archer Karcher Darcy! Has the guest of honor been picked up off the floor yet? I do hope that her structured handbag wasn't hurt when she toppled, or the bonnet!! Oh my! The bonnet must remain perky!)

The wine choices are stunning, it has to be said - but I would feel rather poorly if I did not contribute to this delightful occasion with something that I made myself. I managed to pop into my time machine and zoom back to spring, where I had selected some elderflower from my farm, and made some elderflower cordial. I do hope you don't mind my simple offering of gratitude.
1622367972665.png

1622368004229.png

Master Teddy Bear, Gem, Roo and Casper and look so wonderful in their finery... Master TB obviously knew this was a day of such significance in order to allow you near him with a brush. Memories of the *v-t* have obviously floated away....and the lion has gone... (He knows he need not protect you this day, as Mr ACD is here!

💓💙

• Heart

fedup90210

I am also feeling very worried about my daughter - state exams loom and I worry for her mental state. Her sleep patterns are erratic too, I got Gem cuddles last night too. I was watching a movie called How do you know - a charming romcom with Reese Witherspoon. I can recommend - light and engaging - just what we need!
It's not easy being a mum eh? I had no idea of this when I was a youngster of course! I would try and encourage both of you (@Geranium included), to not worry about your little people - but you know them best, and you'll all find a way through. They are lucky to have you...beloved mums who love them and are concerned for them. All I can offer is a virtual hug from and island far far away!! (I can also offer a Netflix recommendation - "Emily in Paris" - quite short episodes, very easy going and 'cutesy' - perhaps even a good one to watch with your girls during a study break).

I have Uni exams looming in a couple of weeks, so have been trying to prepare. There's a lot of pressure - especially when there's such a lot at stake. It's funny the mindset that you get into - you almost feel that you 'have' to spend all of your time studying, and if you don't, you're not doing it right! But I have found recently that an evening off here and there, or a little bit of time digging in the (stony) garden, or watching the small ones jumping on the trampoline (even though it's getting pretty cold here currently), is just what the doctor ordered, and equates to this "work/life balance" that everyone refers to.

Much love to you all. 💞 ❤ 🌺

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 7

Milking Keynes

VIP Member
Oh, @Milking Keynes, I’m so very happy to hear Anna has survived the stress of all her exams unscathed thus far … I’m sure she’ll do well on her final one in ten days time.

You must be SO relieved for your beautiful girl.

Please give her a big hug from myself and Master Midnight for doing so well under such pressure. 🤗
I am so relieved! She is such an anxious girl and the threat of migraines was a pressure she really didn’t need. I was hoping that she could be allowed maybe a second chance to do the paper if hit with a migraine, but was told she would have to have a letter from a Consultant Neurologist and that her GP wasn’t enough. What I suggested to her was to take one of the zolmitriptan fastmelts each morning as a precaution and it did the trick. Perhaps controversial but these exams were so important for her future.

I really, really appreciate all the words of support and thank you both so much. ❤❤🥰

• Heart

fedup90210

As the evening draws in and shawls are worn around cool shoulders we can all look back on a day well spent. We have laughed, cried, gossiped, discussed, danced and giggled. Did I mentioned we sang? The kind of singing where you know all the words and rock from side to side in perfect unison and that was after the LSO left at 8pm. Another journey we have been on together and celebrated . Naturally we got slightly tipsy, slightly whimsical and slightly silly. Together. Who knew that all of us would be happy to accidentally fall into a tree pit in order to be rescued by a handsome man? Who knew gin could taste quite so medicinal and be so good for us? Who knew dogs actually do practise telepathy? And who knew Mrs Bonnet-Bennet would leave here to go back across the sea to Ireland with 16 freshly cut irises in her bonnet? Who? Tell me that...👒 I’m off to water our commemorative tree - thanks to Miss Canthus.

BTW - Dandy Tandy has just left in her squirrel-drawn golden chariot and my neighbours didn’t bat an eye...:rolleyes:

Edit = Typo alert!!! The eagle-eyed amongst you will have realised I wrote in post 260 that Jamie had laid out the ‘scummiest’ supper banquet for us. It should of course have said scrummiest!!! Aggghhhh. I wrote scrummiest but it auto corrected and I didn’t notice...😔
Thank you for the most breathtaking and perfect event, Miss Oops. It was the loveliest experience to celebrate this event together! Your home is perfection. (I especially adore the stairs with the numbers printed on the risers. (I have a slightly autistic trait of counting things - and I always count the number of stairs, so this made me giggle).

(I admit, I did google the word that you mention, thinking that perhaps it meant something different in the Mother Land. But it was soon identified as an (extremely rare) typo. ;) )

This certainly took my mind off the once in a lifetime flooding that we are experiencing currently. It was so much nicer to read along here rather than worrying about all of the text messages to advise different areas to evacuate their properties. :( Sorry to put a 'damper' on things. ;)😘

• Sad

fedup90210

Oops created a thread to come in and just chat. For some reason, it's been locked. Once again, I'm "late to the party" 😂 Lydiot is rubbing off on me🤭
I'm always late to the party too - you're not the only one. ;) 😘

I wonder if anyone else appreciates this pic. I don't have a horsey at the mo, but I came across this on pinterest when I was looking for a Thelwell pic (😉) and sent it to a friend who is 'malting' due to chemo (it's a sad story actually, but I try to keep a little bit of humour during rough times).
1621901725940.png

• Haha

Geranium

VIP Member
Yes - Nova Scotia I think. I wish more people would consider rescues too. I have always rescued older dogs because people tend to overlook them. My little fellah (photo further up thread) is the light of my life. I don’t think I could have done this last year or so without him tbh.
How many dogs do you have? I had another look at Buddy this morning - he’s lovely. I wrote one of my poems about an ex racing hound - just to highlight the problems they have when their racing career is over. I might put it up for you. Last Christmas on another thread we had a Pantomime featuring all our cats and dogs and horses, rabbits and hamsters...in song and verse. It was called Fur Babies in the Woods. It was a bit of fun. The Greyhound got the girl! (Ma Pastry).

🌈Oh Monty!! Thank you @Miscanthus. I really hoped you would! (Obviously) I thought you would like Pooh 😄 . I don’t suppose you could put Chilli back up could you? 💛

I’ve got to say that this is one of the most hauntingly beautiful photos. He’s just heart-meltingly lovely. There is something about a dog in repose that feels really moving. 💛
Gosh, thank you for the compliment on Roo. Sometimes he sleeps with his tongue just peeping out of his mouth which is so cute. Other times he sprawls on his back, bits displayed to the world, muddy undercarriage very visible! X

• Heart
  • Haha

Milking Keynes

VIP Member
One day...Mrs Bennet-Bonnet - one day...🙏. I can sleep up to 10 of us too...and then there’s the cellar just below...So I’m seeing a long weekend...I’m seeing laughter...I’m seeing bonnets - lots and lots of bonnets...👒👒👒
One day..imagine? Joy of joys... I’m also seeing a long weekend - lots of fun and laughter. I’m actually not a bad cook so this houseguest will pull her weight - you can rely on me, @Oops. Speaking of weight, I managed to prize myself in to an old favourite yesterday - a white summer dress from last year. Yay! Result! Not a french fry yet but no longer an oversized rooster either.

In the meantime, Mr. Bennet-Bonnet is requesting that I organise a staycation. Oh, the stress - my jangled nerves - he will want us to hike up mountains when I favour a more genteel approach. He turns into a Gunnery Sargeant on holidays so I better choose wisely. Somewhere flat, preferably.😂 My lovely, lovely doggy care lady says August is fine so I’ll work on the first two weeks maybe. Any plans, you guys?

• Heart
  • Haha

Milking Keynes

VIP Member
Thank God, our Archer Karcher is our hanky dispenser .... 😥😥 .
Dandy Tandy has been entertaining us for the last half-an-hour with her squirrel chariot racing up and down the garden. She kindly let each of us have a go. It’s really quite amazing how squirrels have so much power. The Roman Empire missed a trick there you know...Mrs Bonnet-Bennet has reluctantly become separated from her bonnet. Miss Midnight has resuscitated the herbaceous border on top of it and placed it in the cellar to keep it cool. Mrs Bonnet—Bennet has announced that the time has come for her to let her hair down so @Sofie has brought her a hairbrush and some pastry forks. No-one is tipsy yet but as @happyforest keeps on saying - the night hasn’t even started yet. The dogs have made a fort right at the top end of the garden (behind the LSO) and Gem is in a turret being rescued by Casper, Roo and Teddy Bear. They never seem to tire of this wonderful game. We are all sitting out in the garden listening to 3 of the cellists from the LSO play Elgar...We are crying like babies and Mr Archer Karcher Darcy has now become the official hanky dispenser. Waaagggghhhhhhh...We all begin to channel our inner Jacqueline Du Pre...none of us are much good but we all try extremely hard. @Rubythefirebat begins to perform some interpretive dance for us and dear Fedup is quickly on her heels. It’s mesmerising...Miss Canthus has brought with her a commemorative tree and she says we can all plant it together a little later. Archer (of course) has volunteered to dig the tree pit...

to be continued...

The dogs helped Archer dig the tree pit - they had a wonderful time and got very excited indeed as they unearthed so many forgotten treats. We just started the ceremony of planting the tree but had to stop for a while whilst Archer rescued Miss Geranium from the tree pit. She had tripped over the hem of her floaty frock and fallen in accidentally. For some reason she kept tripping and had to keep on being rescued...She had a big smile on her face so we knew she wasn’t actually hurt... ;)

Tel O’Mere and Mel O’Dramatic have popped in as a surprise for Mrs Bonnet-Bennet. Miss Canthus and Mrs Bonnet-Bennet have now decided that a few delicate sips of gin might not go amiss. Archer staggers outside with the evening drinks tray and many, many glasses. The sun still beats down on our gathering and we are all having such a lovely time. Namima decides it’s time to fill the paddling pool...the dogs are thrilled...Jamie kisses everyone goodbye. He’s just covered the table on the terrace with the scummiest supper banquet which we can help ourselves to whenever we want. This is the life. This is the Birthday..!
Oh, this is glorious - and Mel O’Dramatic popping by - I can’t cope! ❤

• Heart

Milking Keynes

VIP Member
Miss Oops! I am double-minded regarding the above statement. (Pleased, grateful, but surprised at the lengths you may be prepared to go!) However...if the worst happens, I have it on exceptionally good authority that there is a stool/small chair for those who take 'appropriation' too far. ;)😘
No naughty step for the host! #specialprivileges!

Eta - Namima?! Who would have thought? Oh, well, I suppose she did find him originally? 🤔🤔

Doesn’t everywhere look stunning? Truly the party location “of dreams” as someone might say! I’m looking forward into changing in to my vintage floaty frock* after I’ve finished helping set up and Roo is resting in the shade so he can be fresh for when his friends arrive ❤

*NOT either Karen Millen OR Zimmerman by the way....
Same! Dying to get all dressed up again! The sea spray on the Ferry is watering my herbaceous bonnet beautifully!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

Oops...

VIP Member
Hellllooooooo - echo - echo...

All is quiet on The Western Front...Just having a tumbleweed moment. :geek:

Are you in there dears? X

(I saw a film once of Sarah Fergusson in the food hall in Harrods and there was a biscuit tin with the Queen Mother’s head on it and in front of the cameras she knocked on the lid and said “Are you in there dear?’’). 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart

fedup90210

It’s a particularly mesmerizing piece, I agree. How did you know, @Oops - that’s exactly it! Embroidered by an itinerant pipe lagger! I knew such an iconic piece would not be lost on you. Extremely difficult to provide balance with one’s accessories, mind you, as the bonnet is a statement in itself, of course. However, they compliment each other superbly. I would add that many you tubers could learn from this photo. It’s possible to look this good without the need for filters, fillers, photoshop, etc. I’m trying not to toot my horn, here, but me and Miss Canthus are a sight for sore eyes. ❤
You and Miss Canthus are an absolute tonic, and a splendid sight for sore eyes! You could start your own finishing school ladies. (I believe a YouTuuuuber has already attempted such a thing, but it was an epic utter non-starter. I appreciate a set of knees that aren't smiling at me also. Very demure. 💓

• Haha

Milking Keynes

VIP Member
You have been on my mind too. I read a few of your posts over on Feng Shui today.
If it helps I lost the love of my life 32 years ago. He was perfect in every way. However, he wasn’t right for me no matter how right I tried to see him. It was the most crippling event in my life. Had I stayed with him ALL my attention and All my thought and effort would have gone into him. My best advice to you is to try to rebuild yourself as soon as possible and there are many ways to do this. Distraction is essential. It’s your focus on him that is causing your feelings to be so dreadful. Give him an hour every day and then every time he comes into your mind after that hour shoo him out until tomorrow. It is impossible to think of 2 things at the same time. You have your lovely Casper and your home. Focus on them both since both will be rewarding. You can do this with the will to practice doing this. Also, sing! Sing at the top of your voice. You can do singing tutorials on YouTube. Singing is a life saver. Please give it a try and let us know how it goes. When you are breathing deeper you feel better and you will breathe deeper when you sing. Stand up, roll your shoulders back and down and sing from your diaphragm. The resonance and reverberation this causes a healing frequency. Me, mi, mo, mooooo. The deeper you go the better you feel. If you put your hand on the back of your neck and over your heart at the same time as you sing you will feel the resonance. DOOOOOOO Try it...💛
Oh, I love this and I agree completely. Heartache is just like grief - the way it comes in waves and is so all-consuming. It’s also so deeply personal that it’s hard to share because it can only be felt by one heart. @Hi there you are doing nothing wrong - you are allowing yourself time, that’s all. One month. Your decision can be whatever you want it to be but you must allow yourself one month. As @Oops said, distraction is key. Casper is a real comfort too. Take your time - be vulnerable. Also, spoil yourself a little bit. Buy yourself something lovely and unnecessary, sometimes frivolous is necessary and sing. Sing, sing, sing. I myself was rarely without a hairbrush in my hand during my single days and beyond to be honest, so yes, I second @Oops and I really wish you all the very best and know you can always talk here. We are nothing if not listeners. ❤❤

You have been on my mind too. I read a few of your posts over on Feng Shui today.
If it helps I lost the love of my life 32 years ago. He was perfect in every way. However, he wasn’t right for me no matter how right I tried to see him. It was the most crippling event in my life. Had I stayed with him ALL my attention and All my thought and effort would have gone into him. My best advice to you is to try to rebuild yourself as soon as possible and there are many ways to do this. Distraction is essential. It’s your focus on him that is causing your feelings to be so dreadful. Give him an hour every day and then every time he comes into your mind after that hour shoo him out until tomorrow. It is impossible to think of 2 things at the same time. You have your lovely Casper and your home. Focus on them both since both will be rewarding. You can do this with the will to practice doing this. Also, sing! Sing at the top of your voice. You can do singing tutorials on YouTube. Singing is a life saver. Please give it a try and let us know how it goes. When you are breathing deeper you feel better and you will breathe deeper when you sing. Stand up, roll your shoulders back and down and sing from your diaphragm. The resonance and reverberation this causes a healing frequency. Me, mi, mo, mooooo. The deeper you go the better you feel. If you put your hand on the back of your neck and over your heart at the same time as you sing you will feel the resonance. DOOOOOOO Try it...💛
Can I just say when the man I wanted to spend every hour of every day with - dumped me - I was lost and angry and I couldn’t believe the world was still turning - my break-up song was Troy by Sinéad O’Connor. I still think the lyrics are powerful.

Last edited:
  • Heart