Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Miscanthus

VIP Member
Thank you Miscanthus! All hugs greatly received.

I was/am feeling like this as I am completing a law degree, and I received an assessment back which I felt that I had really nailed, and I got a grade which did not meet my expectation. (If I am honest with myself, it was still a very good grade). Most people would agree that studying is different when you are older. You have sacrificed the chance to earn money, and time with your family to do this thing. I've been struggling with trying to improve my grades, and it all seems rather in vain. I suppose I'm frustrated, and I also don't know where to turn for help. I used to work within the faculty so that brings its own challenges that none of my friends/colleagues will touch me with a barge pole (for fear that they look like they are giving preferential treatment an ex-colleague). The issue is that I know I have problems with expressing the 'analysis' part of legal writing - that is, applying the law to the facts. I can make sense of it in my head, but since I haven't really been able to receive any help with it, now when I try to approach it for exam preparation, it fills me with anxiety, and I just cannot do it. :cry: I know it's stupid, in the wide scheme of things - it doesn't actually 'matter'. Right now I feel like an imposter. I know I will be a good solicitor, but I also feel too lacking in intelligence to even get to that stage.

I suppose this isn't helped by having constant heart palpitations and other ongoing health things. In all honesty it's likely that I am going through perimenopause, so it's possible that my hormone levels are completely out of whack. I think I'll be popping off to the Doc next week - at least that's an easy thing to do.

Sorry to dump this on you all. I suppose it's just real life. I am grateful to have the love and support of those within this thread. I know I'm always saying 'thank you', but I am thankful! 😌;)

I showed one of my horses in the cob section, however, looking back, she was actually quite streamlined! (She was a quarterhorse/thoroughbred cross). Extremely naughty! Almost put me off riding altogether. 'Opinionated ponies' - I just love that!!

I am very worried about breaking things. My old dressage instructor has a wee menagerie of horses/ponies/foals, and I pop out to see him yearly (at least) when I need cuddles. There's something about the smell of horses that I just love. And their eyes! 🥰
There are some people who choose to go through life dodging stress and ducking challenges. You are not one of them.
You have made the brave decision to study for a degree as a mature student, knowing that it would be challenging and stressful. This is on top of your other commitments, while sacrificing the opportunity to earn and entering the menopause. You should be congratulating yourself.
You are clearly driven and have very high expectations of yourself. You want to grow, learn and better yourself. You should be proud. Your frustration arises from these high standards. That's good!
Imposter syndrome? We've all had that. You have to keep believing in yourself and hold on to your 'dream'; keep going through the motions until one day you will realise you are no longer the imposter.
Lack of intelligence? I don't think you would have got this far, do you? You can do this! Your grades are good. You might want excellent but good is probably good enough.
Studying when you are older brings with it all these questions because we know all the implications, the risks. It's also so much more rewarding.
On the specifics, you have to practice exam questions over and over and over again. If you feel you are not articulating what's in your head on paper try speaking aloud, try explaining the facts to a willing friend or record yourself, play it back, try again. Then write it down.
Yes, exams are are scary, but some stress is good. You signed up for this and the exam day will arrive and you will be prepared. Failure is not an option!
You need a mentor...is there somebody in another faculty or in the legal profession you can speak to. Can you approach one of your ex colleagues in your facilty and ask them to set aside that personal relationship to help you?
Re the perimenopause, you should definitely seek medical help. Get a blood test, find out what's going on, adjust your diet, get enough sleep, look at hrt. The run up to menopause can do crazy things to your body and head, including rocking your confidence.
We are all here for you, willing you on!
In the mean time, I'll stick to gardening tips 🌷 :m🌻

• Heart
Reactions: 8

Oops...

VIP Member
@Milking Keynes I’m ok thank you for checking on me x Feeling very vulnerable and emotional so taking one day at a time. If I don’t, I keep thinking about what ifs and so and so.

PS- Loving all the bags and shoes collections ✨

You have been on my mind too. I read a few of your posts over on Feng Shui today.
If it helps I lost the love of my life 32 years ago. He was perfect in every way. However, he wasn’t right for me no matter how right I tried to see him. It was the most crippling event in my life. Had I stayed with him ALL my attention and All my thought and effort would have gone into him. My best advice to you is to try to rebuild yourself as soon as possible and there are many ways to do this. Distraction is essential. It’s your focus on him that is causing your feelings to be so dreadful. Give him an hour every day and then every time he comes into your mind after that hour shoo him out until tomorrow. It is impossible to think of 2 things at the same time. You have your lovely Casper and your home. Focus on them both since both will be rewarding. You can do this with the will to practice doing this. Also, sing! Sing at the top of your voice. You can do singing tutorials on YouTube. Singing is a life saver. Please give it a try and let us know how it goes. When you are breathing deeper you feel better and you will breathe deeper when you sing. Stand up, roll your shoulders back and down and sing from your diaphragm. The resonance and reverberation this causes a healing frequency. Me, mi, mo, mooooo. The deeper you go the better you feel. If you put your hand on the back of your neck and over your heart at the same time as you sing you will feel the resonance. DOOOOOOO Try it...💛

Last edited:
  • Heart

Hi there

Tell me you’ll do it again without telling me you’ll do it again. Sorry not sorry human 🙄
8FF48AF5-67A5-45A3-B076-143950D82C5B.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart

Oops...

VIP Member
He’s a beaut - what’s his name?

Plus, @Rubythefirebat - can we have a pic of Tádé -White Puli that won Miss Sheep Lookalike 2020 - am very excited to see her?

I got Teddy Bear’s age right - then he can sing “I am sixteen....” 🎼🎼 from The Sound of Music and waltz with my Gem - ah, makes me smile 🐶❤
Just the idea of 🎵I am Sixteen🎶 makes me put my hands over my eyes in delight. It’s such a lovely vision. Oh - Bless them🥰 If they get married we’ll be related :m.

Bring on Tade. (Don’t know how to get the accents over the vowels). 🥰

View attachment 569111

My late furbaby Jack.

The day we brought him home was 22/04/2014, the day we lost him was 22/04/2021.
Unreal. Love him always.
🌈 Jack will be at Rainbow Bridge waiting for you - be sure of that x

He’s beautiful.

Oh, how stunning! They are the most incredible beings. I've always had rescues but when my old cat passed after 16 years my husband surprised me with Pooh, now we have two others as well. Just so loving and good natured. ♥
I love the photo of Bunny with her paw over the washing machine door - ‘S’mine...Keep of! ‘ :m

Last edited:
  • Heart

Milking Keynes

VIP Member
Thank you so much @Oops... That means a lot! ❤
I don't mind attempting to keep you lovely bunch of people 'on topic', and flick the odd pet cartoon up! 😅
To me, this wee thread is a tonic - it seems really peaceful. I haven't been contributing for long, but I have lurked for quite a while, and I feel that there are some really special individuals on here (and on the other thread too).
Thank you all for putting up with me - I feel that I just launched myself on you! 😉

P.S. 'Refugees' are one of my favourite subjects. (Literally). Actually, Oops (and others), I wonder if you might enjoy a book that I just finished reading (for University). You seem more inclined to being creative with words than I am (and perhaps might enjoy the literary techniques employed which were totally lost on me). The author's name is Behrouz Boochani, and the book is "No Friend But The Mountains". He is Kurdish/Iranian, and he wrote the book (via text/whatsapp believe it or not) while detained at Manus Island Detention Centre. It interested me because he now works at the University where I worked for 10 years after my first degree, (and now am back studying again. I think I'm institutionalised! 😅)

Anyway, I'll just pop this up here for anyone who is interested. I wouldn't call it the most 'pleasant' read, but I believe that sometimes we need to look at situations which are worse than our own, to truly know how blessed we are. 🤗
View attachment 589438
Thank you for the recommendation! I will look into it. Speaking of books, my genre of the last year has been domestic noir, suburban paranoia. Ha! However, my friend sent me these two books yesterday and I welcome the departure. He said that Shuggie Bain is the most moving book he has read in years. Imagine your debut novel winning the Booker. The other book, Intimacies, is a collection of short stories depicting what it means to be a woman today described as ‘enlightening and enriching the heart’.
168E0945-0CC7-4B2C-817C-CB1482293628.jpeg

• Heart

Oops...

VIP Member
🐶 Teddy says to tell your friend he is tip-top 💛 He also said to tell her he loves her😘

I took photos of us and I would love to put them up but obviously can’t. Big sigh...

Thank you for your lovely post 💛💛

2E0A3410-9FA1-4A29-9B40-4E07192022DD.jpeg

This was the backdrop though - obviously we moved the desk to the middle and moved the sofa away for the presentation...

Last edited:
  • Heart

Oops...

VIP Member
C32C627C-9BD4-47FA-BDCA-83A46E0FE258.jpeg

Speaking of frenzy - there is no doubt in my mind (at all) that a certain Mrs Milking Bonnet-Bennet 👒 will invite a certain Mr Archer Karcher on our NZ trip. He will need his own bed-in-a-shed (don’t ask)...I mention this merely for the sake of transparency. Discretion forbids I say more... 🤫

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

Miscanthus

VIP Member
Oh no - horse fly bites are horrible! I’m glad you’re on the antibiotics. Those little bastards have jaws of steel, they can drive horses and cows insane. Hope you get better soon and keep an eye on the spread of that rash xxx
Thank you. I've drawn around the rash, although somewhat belatedly as it's the size of a saucer, but the doc wants to make sure the antibiotics are stopping its progress!

• Sad

Oops...

VIP Member
Oh, dearest @Oops, so sorry you’ve been poorly - hope you are ok. That is a horrible feeling - everything spinning - it happened to me only on two occasions and I found it really frightening. I have no clue what triggered it either but my daughter suggested I should take more salt so I did for a while. Either way, it stopped. Happy to hear you are much better.

You were sorely missed. I just assumed you won the tender and that you were working and under pressure. ❤

@Namima, can you give us an update?

@Geranium, did you decide on the bag?

Love to all. I’m obsessed with Love Island presently so have become a thread defector 😂😂 but will be back! Xo
Thank you dearest one - how was Galway?

I have been watching love island too! What a vacuous lot especially that footballer who wants everyone one to think his promiscuity is a ‘test’...I can’t bear him. The Geordie boy who could only speak about himself and imagined he got on really well with the girl who gave him rein to talk about himself. Never asked a single question - just talked about himself and was barley articulate or able to speak clearly. What diction? HOURS spent every day ‘getting ready’...None of the girls seem natural or even interesting. I can’t remember any of their names apart from Hugo and Liberty. ALL of the boys are dull apart (possibly) from the new racing driver. I am sure all this is due to the editing though because Production want them all to appear a bit thick. Also - as Production want to promote and then demote certain characters the switch over becomes really obvious. I don’t care who wins because I don’t seem to be able to become invested in any of them although at this stage it seems clear that Liberty and the Bristol bloke (what diction) are being promoted to win. I’d love to hear what you think. I know what I’ve written might seem harsh but it’s what I feel. I am too old for this world...:eek:...Did I shriek so much at their age? Was my behaviours SO infantile and self obsessed? FLOBBY HELL!

Dearest @Namima - so good to hear your news! WHAT a relief!! Thank goodness you haven’t got to endure this level of fear and stress any more. I thought you lived in Durban but wasn’t absolutely certain. Thank you for enquiring after Teddy Bear - here’s his latest photo 💛. Sending love to all xxxx
image.jpg

• Heart

Namima

VIP Member
Morning peeps !!! ☀

@Geranium ... I was thinking of you this morning after seeing your post on Lydia's thread re apologies. You have such a soft, kind heart. ❤ Hope you are feeling well today. xoxoxo

• Heart

Namima

VIP Member
Hi ladies !!!
End of - is right! Not meaning to be a Debbie downer but the Lilibet thing just killed me. And the Queen recently bereaved and so stoic. Gets my goat, to be honest. Anyway, let’s forget about these people. They deserve not a moment more!
I'm not even British but the "Lilibet" issue really annoyed me !!! There is just something about MM I cannot stand.
Missed you ladies. 💞Tomorrow is a public holiday (bank holiday) in South Africa 🎉🎉🎉 and I intend on doing a "Lydia" and slothing around in my pjs ...

• Heart
  • Haha

Milking Keynes

VIP Member
He sounds lovely, that's a Canadian breed? All our hounds have came from rescue.
I wish more folks would take a chance on rescues.
He’s a beaut - what’s his name?

Plus, @Rubythefirebat - can we have a pic of Tádé -White Puli that won Miss Sheep Lookalike 2020 - am very excited to see her?

He is a lovely one! That’s for sure...💛 I love his colourings. So handsome.
My Teddy Bear is 16. 💛 He’s a Duck Toller retriever and I rescued him 4 years ago.(I think he might have a bit of Tibetan Spaniel in him too). I keep saying I will have one of those swab tests done to send off and find out exactly about his breed. The Dog’s Trust said he was a Duck Toller but I think he may be a cross.

@Geranium can you put up the photo of Roo sleeping again please? 💛
I got Teddy Bear’s age right - then he can sing “I am sixteen....” 🎼🎼 from The Sound of Music and waltz with my Gem - ah, makes me smile 🐶❤

• Heart
  • Wow

Namima

VIP Member
Thank you lovely friend.
I’m feeling better, keeping busy, lots of fresh air and physical activity with dogs and horses!
The longer days and support of friends is helping lots too.
Xxx
Thank you for your lovely
Dear @Geranium, I’m only picking up this thread now so I was unaware of how you have been suffering. I really hope you are feeling a bit better. I haven’t been here since November, I think, as I thought the thread had stalled, and had no idea. I hope that you are getting medical support from your GP as well as lots of appreciation from your volunteering colleagues and your friends here and your family too. So glad your daughter’s cat returned though.

Also, really hard to hear about @Namima and all your losses. What a desperately upsetting time. Sending lots of love and warmest wishes to both of you, your friend, MK ❤❤
Thank you for your lovely words @Milking Keynes It means the world to me especially at this time. Unfortunately the bad news just does not stop. 😭 We have just received bad news about my mum. My (usually tough) dad is devastated. And I am digging deep to find the strength. Have flown to stay with them for the week and will be back in 2 weeks with my kids. 💔

I'm just so happy to see my Tattler friends posting esp the animal pics, which I have shared with my sisters. Really cheered me up to end.

• Heart
  • Sad

Oops...

VIP Member
We’ll kick the butt of your degree
Together we’ll help set you free
The after-party’s all been booked
It’s in the bag - your book’s been cooked
With shoes and bags in serried rows
We’ll all turn up in gorgeous clothes
We’re on to it - we’re packing - then
You only have to tell us when...
Our dogs all need the chance to meet
We’ll take them walking up your street
And bed them down in straw-filled barn
Then we‘ll get drunk there at your farm...

edited to add on...x

Last edited:
  • Heart

Geranium

VIP Member
Oh, @Geranium, please keep posting - what a beautiful picture, honestly ❤
Thank you ❤ We have had such a lovely week. Roo has been in his element - beach walks every day, chasing his ball, paddling in the sea, flinging seaweed about. I just love to see my dog happy.

This is Bamburgh, a beautiful beach that stretches as far as you can see, and the castle right on the shore. The little village has a couple of nice tea shops and we found a little store that sold great sausage rolls.
There was kite flying and a few brave souls venturing into the surf. Happy days!
0369BBFA-D894-496C-856E-AA1388F8C137.jpeg

• Heart

Oops...

VIP Member
Coming soon…

:m:m:m:m:m:m:m:m:mSeven Dwarf Walls Productions :m:m:m:m:m:m:m:m:m

👯‍♀️👯‍♀️👯‍♀️👯‍♀️👯‍♀️👯‍♀️ 👯‍♀️
In collaboration with Gentle Reader Enterprises Presents…👯‍♀️👯‍♀️👯‍♀️👯‍♀️👯‍♀️👯‍♀️👯‍♀️👯‍♀️👯‍♀️

🐕🐕🐕🐕🐕🐕🐕🐕🐕🐕 BESTSPINSTER ABBEY 🐈🐈🐈🐈🐈🐈🐈🐈

Join us in an English Country House costume drama filled with pathos, pet love, music and songs. As we journey through the dressing room of elegant Lady Myrtle as she dresses for the occasion. We can muse in the music room of Django the princely Dalmatian so famous for his incomparable skills on Hawaiian guitar. Draw yourselves to the drawing room containing the pink velvet chesterfield belonging to world famous Dimple and Crumpet who will Snoopervise the entire event. As ever, we will end up with the Wedding of the Year (embroidered cushions are being made in readiness) naturally officiated over by Yu Crane; our tallest bird of peace and love. Gasp at the skills of Lula and her Hula Dancers, the ball retrieval skills and the natural curls of Nero then watch in awe as Lulu eats a series of magnificent aged cobwebs found in some very strange places. Front page stunners Ralph and Jasper guard the Butler’s Pantry but will Charlie the shorthair temptress be able to lure them away? All this and more soon to be appearing twice nightly and matinee on Saturday on a thread near you.

little side note:-

Could the following members please supply the names of their fur babies please?

@motherofglitter (2 sweet cats and an Amazon parrot)
@CaroleV (6 fabulous cats)
@Lola Faith (her 2 beautiful dogs)
@Sofatsolazy1 (her 4 cutest cats)

Last edited:
  • Heart

fedup90210

Good evening all!!! I'm BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCK!!!! Finished my exams today - it was horrendous, but job done. (Next semester I'm going to tackle things a LOT differently! You'd think I would have learnt after 5 years of studying. 🤭
Anyway...I've missed you guys a lot. Haven't read over what you lovely lot have been chatting about since I've been AWOL, but I did see a money in passing.... (@Namima !? Or was it Marcel from Friends that I saw - I don't know...my eyes barely work and I'm sure my head is in a fog).

Love you all. Not just saying that. Mean it. xx 🍷

• Heart