Vignettes and Pets #4 Come the Revolution!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Dearest @Oops - I’m not sure my book is for you. It’s about an impossible romance - quite depressing, actually. Girl does everything for boy hoping that it secures the relationship. He is a shitpuffin asshat. He is an egotistical nightmare that she is addicted to pleasing. I actually love depressing books! For a debut novel, it is a triumph. Beautifully writing and capturing our worst insecurities with no sentimentality - it’s heart wrenching but you want to shake her.

I will look up The New Human - love a book recommendation.

The White Company - how I love that store - my sister buys there and I love going shopping with her there. ❤
It’s a quantum physics book so not for everyone. Its about healing.

TWC has some nice wicker stuff and some nice heavy big stone bowls etc. If I can I’ll take a photo for you. Got the wicker stuff for the larder and the stone stuff for my study at the end of the house.

Hope you feel a bit better after your restful day today. 👒📚📚📚
---
Sorry you are not feeling well....AGAIN....

I'm fine thank you. Tummy was doing a lot of gurgling earlier on but soon settled.

Book noted....our last book club book was Amor Towles Rules of Civility, which I loved.

One of the books for our next meet is Changing Places by David Lodge. I need to start it!
---

I've read it for book club. I didn't find the characters very endearing and it's a bit self indulgent, but I'm gutted that I'm away when it's streaming to cinemas. I wouldvhave loved to see it in the theatre, as theatre is my real passion.
---

Not interrupting at all 🥰
---

I'm OK thank you 🥰

I didn't mean to be quiet but I've been doing washing, scrubbing limescale off showers, sorting out clothes to donate and putting my sewing things away.

That's wonderful news about not needing to hose down TB's pantaloonless derriere! Is this a turning point?

I'm intrigued about the sellotape drawer and want to move into your hot cupboard please. It's gone very chilly! 😁
Yes - there is little more intriguing than a sellotape drawer. All the errant sellotape throughout the house has now been thoroughly and rigorously assembled in one drawer. Where is that drawer I hear you ask? ’Tis in the Laundry. (Gasp…) The sellotape drawer is now fully resplendent in the laundry. You are most welcome to move into my hot cupboard (this too is in the laundry). Heat and sellotape is a lethal combination you know! Keep this under your bonnet - we don’t want everyone copying my sellotape drawer. It will lose it’s inate intrigue and dare I say - nonchalance…Pythagoras, please put down that axe - we need no wood not whilst the hot cupboard is working so affably at the moment. No, that gurgling is our lodgers tummy. Yes, please pour her a gin, thank you.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
It’s a quantum physics book so not for everyone. Its about healing.

TWC has some nice wicker stuff and some nice heavy big stone bowls etc. If I can I’ll take a photo for you. Got the wicker stuff for the larder and the stone stuff for my study at the end of the house.

Hope you feel a bit better after your restful day today. 👒📚📚📚
---

Yes - there is little more intriguing than a sellotape drawer. All the errant sellotape throughout the house has now been thoroughly and rigorously assembled in one drawer. Where is that drawer I hear you ask? ’Tis in the Laundry. (Gasp…) The sellotape drawer is now fully resplendent in the laundry. You are most welcome to move into my hot cupboard (this too is in the laundry). Heat and sellotape is a lethal combination you know! Keep this under your bonnet - we don’t want everyone copying my sellotape drawer. It will lose it’s inate intrigue and dare I say - nonchalance…Pythagoras, please put down that axe - we need no wood not whilst the hot cupboard is working so affably at the moment.
Oh, do take a pic! Sounds gorgeous.

What a kind invitation to move into your hot cupboard - I’m packing right now. If I’m better tomorrow I’ll be on the first ferry. A sellotape drawer - ah, now you’re spoiling me. Will it help secure my bonnet?

Quantum physics .... might give it a miss. Xx

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Oh, do take a pic! Sounds gorgeous.

What a kind invitation to move into your hot cupboard - I’m packing right now. If I’m better tomorrow I’ll be on the first ferry. A sellotape drawer - ah, now you’re spoiling me. Will it help secure my bonnet?

Quantum physics .... might give it a miss. Xx
Right if you and Miscanthus are moving into my hot cupboard I am too. It’s really very clean so you’ve chosen the best time...😉☺. Could you possibly bring your own bath sheet? Mine are all soaking in Glo-White in the big bath at the moment ...🤩

• Haha
  • Heart
Right if you and Miscanthus are moving into my hot cupboard I am too. It’s really very clean so you’ve chosen the best time...😉☺. Could you possibly bring your own bath sheet? Mine are all soaking in Glo-White in the big bath at the moment ...🤩
Bath sheet? Nooooo ... I’ll bring my Juan Sheet (does Plenty) 😂

• Haha
Good Morning! Me and Juan are on the ferry!

Juan, por favor, vamos a las casa de @Oops para ayudar @Miscanthus y Teddy Bear.... !

Oh, madre mios, he’s a trial.... but he’ll have the carpets good as new and the library perfect while we retire to the hot cupboard. Hope you are feeling better today, Missy Canthus, but if not - fret not - Juan is here!

• Haha
Good Morning! Me and Juan are on the ferry!

Juan, por favor, vamos a las casa de @Oops para ayudar @Miscanthus y Teddy Bear.... !

Oh, madre mios, he’s a trial.... but he’ll have the carpets good as new and the library perfect while we retire to the hot cupboard. Hope you are feeling better today, Missy Canthus, but if not - fret not - Juan is here!
In addition, (if it’s helpful) , I was visited by Nicodemus Nether-Washer last night. He’s one of the Hampshire Nether-Washers dear Misc. Muffet so you may well already know him. Anyway, he’s done a quick adaptation to the hot cupboard and we can now comfortably gather providing we don’t move about too much. We have intravenous drips set up in order to administer the vintage napoleonic (medicinal) and we have a chef’s kitchen with some chef or other poking things. So there won’t be too many hardships. I do hope the Ferry Crossing is trouble free this time. I take it the marauding gypsies who surrounded you and threatened to confiscate your telephone on your last trip are all behind bars where they belong. Our Captain will arrive soon and I have the bunting out ready to welcome her. Madre mios, Juan Sheet will have to decamp to the shed where the paella machine lives. I never touch it.

I hope I didn’t give the impression Teddy was responsible for me washing all my pre-soaked towels! No! It was because they had started getting funny marks on them from being folded, so I decided to clean my entire arsenal in one go. They are now all washed and drying in the sunshine which I believe is good for removing stubborn stains. I dry all my wet washing in my hot cupboard so I don’t have a washing line. But because the space is now needed for guests I have dangled towels everywhere outside. My terrace looks like Widow Twanky’s Emporuin. Lovely.

Vis the book dear Havisham, I am soooo sorry if I have inadvertently caused the impression that this is a highbrow treatise on quantum physics. It’s not, it’s about healing in a Quantum way, using the Quantum field. I would hate to be perceived as Mrs Brainbox because that’s deffo not the case. There! That’s been on my mind all night. 🤨😝 Where did I put the box with my brain in it? Anyone notice? No? No matter, I usually only use it for Christmas anyway. Yes Teddy! No overnight offerings and no nether- washing for 24 whole hours! I am soooooooooo happy - for us both! 🤓

• Haha
  • Heart

Hellooooooooo! Hallloooooooo! I'm here......where are yoooooooo?

Great news about TB 😁😍

The Hampshire Nether-Washers are famous! Of course I am familiar with them...but not for that!

Last edited:
  • Haha
In addition, (if it’s helpful) , I was visited by Nicodemus Nether-Washer last night. He’s one of the Hampshire Nether-Washers dear Misc. Muffet so you may well already know him. Anyway, he’s done a quick adaptation to the hot cupboard and we can now comfortably gather providing we don’t move about too much. We have intravenous drips set up in order to administer the vintage napoleonic (medicinal) and we have a chef’s kitchen with some chef or other poking things. So there won’t be too many hardships. I do hope the Ferry Crossing is trouble free this time. I take it the marauding gypsies who surrounded you and threatened to confiscate your telephone on your last trip are all behind bars where they belong. Our Captain will arrive soon and I have the bunting out ready to welcome her. Madre mios, Juan Sheet will have to decamp to the shed where the paella machine lives. I never touch it.

I hope I didn’t give the impression Teddy was responsible for me washing all my pre-soaked towels! No! It was because they had started getting funny marks on them from being folded, so I decided to clean my entire arsenal in one go. They are now all washed and drying in the sunshine which I believe is good for removing stubborn stains. I dry all my wet washing in my hot cupboard so I don’t have a washing line. But because the space is now needed for guests I have dangled towels everywhere outside. My terrace looks like Widow Twanky’s Emporuin. Lovely.

Vis the book dear Havisham, I am soooo sorry if I have inadvertently caused the impression that this is a highbrow treatise on quantum physics. It’s not, it’s about healing in a Quantum way, using the Quantum field. I would hate to be perceived as Mrs Brainbox because that’s deffo not the case. There! That’s been on my mind all night. 🤨😝 Where did I put the box with my brain in it? Anyone notice? No? No matter, I usually only use it for Christmas anyway. Yes Teddy! No overnight offerings and no nether- washing for 24 whole hours! I am soooooooooo happy - for us both! 🤓
Well, between Nicodemus Nether-Washer and Juan Sheet, I think our TB and Capitán Missy Canthus are well sorted for their nethers and beyond! What wonderful news - all will be well at the Emporium. I’m bringing my steamer, obviously, as attention to detail is my forté and the bunting won’t steam itself, am I right?

Now - washing lines. I do agree - they are ghastly things. Might I suggest a Brabantia fold up thingymejig ... It is attached to your outside wall, it retracts into a small bar against the wall but expands to a full humdinger of a clothes line. Wonderful gadget and no unsightly clothes flapping away....

Any stubborn stains remaining on your pre-soaked towels, dear Juan will look after. He’s delighted about the paella machine and will cook us dinner tonight. He will use his juan sheet to clean it first as I suspect it’s been in your shed for a while along with your Foreman, Waffle Wonder, Kofta Kween, Crepe Chef, etc.

Dying to join you all in the hot cupboard later - the ferry ride is a bit choppy and Juan is busy cleaning overspilled coffee and tea but we hope to join you soon.

PS. I don’t think you are a brainbox, @Oops, I know you are. Send my love to TB - no nether washing for 24 hours? Wonderful news! So, it’s just our Capitán who requires attention...🤭😂

• Haha
Well, between Nicodemus Nether-Washer and Juan Sheet, I think our TB and Capitán Missy Canthus are well sorted for their nethers and beyond! What wonderful news - all will be well at the Emporium. I’m bringing my steamer, obviously, as attention to detail is my forté and the bunting won’t steam itself, am I right?

Now - washing lines. I do agree - they are ghastly things. Might I suggest a Brabantia fold up thingymejig ... It is attached to your outside wall, it retracts into a small bar against the wall but expands to a full humdinger of a clothes line. Wonderful gadget and no unsightly clothes flapping away....

Any stubborn stains remaining on your pre-soaked towels, dear Juan will look after. He’s delighted about the paella machine and will cook us dinner tonight. He will use his juan sheet to clean it first as I suspect it’s been in your shed for a while along with your Foreman, Waffle Wonder, Kofta Kween, Crepe Chef, etc.

Dying to join you all in the hot cupboard later - the ferry ride is a bit choppy and Juan is busy cleaning overspilled coffee and tea but we hope to join you soon.

PS. I don’t think you are a brainbox, @Oops, I know you are. Send my love to TB - no nether washing for 24 hours? Wonderful news! So, it’s just our Capitán who requires attention...🤭😂
I'll have you know, dearest MK, that my nethers are squeaky clean 🤭 and Juan tit need not come anywhere near them!

How are you feeling today? Did you finish your book?

Gadgets, hmmmm.....I hate them but I do have my ice cream maker with me as I thought it might be a bit....er.....hot in the hot cupboard, and also dear MK, I was thinking of your poor throat 🥰

I must admit that I hate washing lines too and do not own one, or a whirly gig thingamywatsit. I do like the idea of your #gifted Brabantia though. How far does it stick out?

Yum, paella and no cleaning up afterwards.

See you soooon.....I am still trying to find @Oops... her house is huge! Yoo hoo! Hallooooo!

• Haha
Hallloooooooo dearest! Here I am!
I was up in bedroom 79 getting the cobwebs down off the steepled ceiling in time for the Archbishop to come and say Vespers for us ( he always stays in that room because he’s closer to his Best Friend). Welcome, Wilkommen, Bien Venue! Yes, yes, this is the correct fitting for your intravenous drip. Yes that’s your special comfy chair and yes that’s your footstool. Yes here’s your special cushion for wrist-resting and a lovely bonnet from Madam Frou Frou…now…about all your latest gossip…Did you know…excuse me a sec…be right back…

• Haha
  • Heart
I'll have you know, dearest MK, that my nethers are squeaky clean 🤭 and Juan tit need not come anywhere near them!

How are you feeling today? Did you finish your book?

Gadgets, hmmmm.....I hate them but I do have my ice cream maker with me as I thought it might be a bit....er.....hot in the hot cupboard, and also dear MK, I was thinking of your poor throat 🥰

I must admit that I hate washing lines too and do not own one, or a whirly gig thingamywatsit. I do like the idea of your #gifted Brabantia though. How far does it stick out?

Yum, paella and no cleaning up afterwards.

See you soooon.....I am still trying to find @Oops... her house is huge! Yoo hoo! Hallooooo!
I also have arrived and can’t find either of you... how many rooms does this woman have...? I’ve also lost Juan - he’s probably in the shed retrieving the paella utensils.

I could not be more delighted about your nether regions but do you think you will be fit to try the paella? I hope so- Juan takes his algo de cocinar very seriously.

I finished the book in one day - very absorbing and thought provoking. I’m now reading The Outline Trilogy by Rachel Cusk... no plot, literally one woman’s conversations with random people. It’s wonderful! It’s a huge book as it’s three books in one. It follows a writer who has had a divorce and feels lost as she travels to Athens to teach at creative writing summer school. It’s about her vulnerability as she makes connections with strangers and relates their own reflections of loss.

My throat, like your nethers, is fine today but still will very much appreciate your ice cream from your very own ice cream maker. ❤
---
Hallloooooooo dearest! Here I am!
I was up in bedroom 79 getting the cobwebs down off the steepled ceiling in time for the Archbishop to come and say Vespers for us ( he always stays in that room because he’s closer to his Best Friend). Welcome, Wilkommen, Bien Venue! Yes, yes, this is the correct fitting for your intravenous drip. Yes that’s your special comfy chair and yes that’s your footstool. Yes here’s your special cushion for wrist-resting and a lovely bonnet from Madam Frou Frou…now…about all your latest gossip…Did you know…excuse me a sec…be right back…
Bedroom 79 - now she tells us... I just reached bedroom 57.. 🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵

• Haha

Me right now...
When you are nearly at bedroom 79!!!
You need to rest and @Oops needs to have an elevator installed in that house of hers... we are exhausted.. this will make your life easier. This pic shows the scale and it pops back into that little wallfix thingy! Amazing!

965A2B42-8084-453F-B1E9-5496CE6AE37D.jpeg

• Haha
Oops sooo sorry - the lift is on the fourteenth floor - should have said 🤭

That washy liney thingy looks ok doesn’t it? I detest outdoor washing lines though! In and out when it rains - neighbours commenting on how out of season your Chanel’s are…No - can’t be doing with them. Let’s go and Jack our selves up to the intravenous drips and have a gossip…So I said to the Archbishop…Hang on…S’cuse me a tic…

Last edited:
  • Haha
@Oops...

Darling, our lovely Peppypoopar was asking about you on t'other thread...I answered briefly but I know they would love you to check in xx

• Heart
Oops sooo sorry - the lift is on the fourteenth floor - should have said 🤭

That washy liney thingy looks ok doesn’t it? I detest outdoor washing lines though! In and out when it rains - neighbours commenting on how out of season your Chanel’s are…No - can’t be doing with them. Let’s go and Jack our selves up to the intravenous drips and have a gossip…So I said to the Archbishop…Hang on…S’cuse me a tic…
So much to catch up on.. I’ll be a while 🥵🥵🥵🥵 bedroom 58, 59, 60..

• Haha
@Oops...

Darling, our lovely Peppypoopar was asking about you on t'other thread...I answered briefly but I know they would love you to check in xx
Thank you so much! I haven’t even looked for a week and three days since Teddy was taken ill. They’re probably half way through another thread already. It’ll be loads to catch up on …

• Heart
Thank you so much! I haven’t even looked for a week and three days since Teddy was taken ill. They’re probably half way through another thread already. It’ll be loads to catch up on …
I haven’t been back since TB got sick either so I just caught up and... 🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁 it was a drunken hike and 🥁🥁🥁🥁 she’s too lazy to vlog tonight. :rolleyes: 😴

• Sick
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.