Vignettes and Pets #4 Come the Revolution!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Welcome to a new thread and thanks to @Oops... for the title.

Love it! Spice Girls! I’m Gaelic Spice ☘👒💃🏿💃🏿 What Spice Girl are you, Comrades? Let’s storm the Bastille together! Come the Revolution! Fraternité, Liberté, Egalité !

Thank you @Miscanthus for the shiny new thread and for great advice too. I feel better already and I will do exactly what you suggested. ❤ Health is so much more important than money, as we all know, I suppose it’s just that we are that bit too old to lose that kind of money - if it was 10 or even 5 years ago....

Anyway, onward and upward - we have a new thread and a new start. Lots love to all XX

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I am Bonnet Spice of course! Thank you dear @Miscanthus for the new thread 💕

I was writing a long post about Havisham’s problems only to find the thread closed when I eventually finished. Aghhhh! Haven’t a clue how to get it to appear here...maybe I should be Luddite Spice...🙄

I watched the Rickman film and absolutely loved it! SUCH a good recommendation - thank you sooooo much. Loved the whole Versailles/gardening thing...Utterly perfect!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Love it! Spice Girls! I’m Gaelic Spice ☘👒💃🏿💃🏿 What Spice Girl are you, Comrades? Let’s storm the Bastille together! Come the Revolution! Fraternité, Liberté, Egalité !

Thank you @Miscanthus for the shiny new thread and for great advice too. I feel better already and I will do exactly what you suggested. ❤ Health is so much more important than money, as we all know, I suppose it’s just that we are that bit too old to lose that kind of money - if it was 10 or even 5 years ago....

Anyway, onward and upward - we have a new thread and a new start. Lots love to all XX
I see that liquidators have been appointed but BlackBee is not insolvent. Is there no chance that they will be able to give some money back to investors?
---
I am Bonnet Spice of course! Thank you dear @Miscanthus for the new thread 💕

I was writing a long post about Havisham’s problems only to find the thread closed when I eventually finished. Aghhhh! Haven’t a clue how to get it to appear here...maybe I should be Luddite Spice...🙄

I watched the Rickman film and absolutely loved it! SUCH a good recommendation - thank you sooooo much. Loved the whole Versailles/gardening thing...Utterly perfect!
I'm sorry! Do you recall what wisdom you wrote?

I haven't watched yet but will do....

• Heart
64D24FF5-D3E8-4183-ACAB-DBC6C71EC4E1.jpeg

Ha! Call me genius! I haven’t lost it it was still there so I took a photo of it. Now it’s here…nil desperandum! Things are never as bad as we think they might be…💜
---
Can your solicitors put a written claim in to Citibank immediately making it clear when the funds were handed over thus the claim you are making backdates to then so you are higher up the queue? I expect you’ve checked this out but I would think it’s very well worth a shot. You may get £85k back…
---
Had another think - you could get 85k back from BOTH banks since technically The Central Bank and Citibank are holding you funds! Have you taken advice on this?

Last edited:
  • Heart
View attachment 2186050
Ha! Call me genius! I haven’t lost it it was still there so I took a photo of it. Now it’s here…nil desperandum! Things are never as bad as we think they might be…💜
---
Can your solicitors put a written claim in to Citibank immediately making it clear when the funds were handed over thus the claim you are making backdates to then so you are higher up the queue? I expect you’ve checked this out but I would think it’s very well worth a shot. You may get £85k back…
---
Had another think - you could get 85k back from BOTH banks since technically The Central Bank and Citibank are holding you funds! Have you taken advice on this?
You are NOT Luddite Spice, you are Bonnet Spice and it suits you, Madam 👒👒👒👒

Thank you for reposting ❤ - more great advice! I will definitely look into this whole business. I do believe all is not lost but it could possibly take a lot of time to retrieve anything - hubby thinks 14 years?! I will follow your instructions and keep you all posted as to progress. I am fuming on your behalf that you also experienced this - so, so unfair. I think you’re right about asking questions - we did - and were told zero risk - you are the bank, etc I think these brokers are on major commission to sell long after the mismanagement was known to them.

• Sick
  • Heart
I see that liquidators have been appointed but BlackBee is not insolvent. Is there no chance that they will be able to give some money back to investors?
---

I'm sorry! Do you recall what wisdom you wrote?

I haven't watched yet but will do....
I think the issue is that they pay themselves before their investments show any return. For example, they pay themselves €2m on a €10m property before they have even secured Bord Pleanála planning permission for developing it. Then, when they get refused the property worth plummets and they’ve already been paid.

When I say the I told you so it’s because I told him not to invest with them but he was frustrated with me and did it anyway. To be honest, I feel like the investors are pretty much kept in the dark. Anyway, it is what it is.

On the subject of the daughter - he is very worried about her. He says she is in a constant state of sadness. Her migraines are also increasing as the trip nears. He’s going to book me and her sis to go to Vancouver for five days in July - I’ll take you along! I’ll bring my I Pad so I can photo without air dropping which seems beyond my capabilities. The story of @Oops daughter in NYC - OMG - a snake in a tree in the living room!

• Sick
  • Wow
I think the issue is that they pay themselves before their investments show any return. For example, they pay themselves €2m on a €10m property before they have even secured Bord Pleanála planning permission for developing it. Then, when they get refused the property worth plummets and they’ve already been paid.

When I say the I told you so it’s because I told him not to invest with them but he was frustrated with me and did it anyway. To be honest, I feel like the investors are pretty much kept in the dark. Anyway, it is what it is.

On the subject of the daughter - he is very worried about her. He says she is in a constant state of sadness. Her migraines are also increasing as the trip nears. He’s going to book me and her sis to go to Vancouver for five days in July - I’ll take you along! I’ll bring my I Pad so I can photo without air dropping which seems beyond my capabilities. The story of @Oops daughter in NYC - OMG - a snake in a tree in the living room!
I was convinced the snake would eat her every night by constricting her breathing. She had an amazing time and met some amazing people. If I ever get to see you in person I can tell you properly about it…I can’t here really 😜.

I ‘ve been watching a lot of interviews with Alan Rickman this afternoon having watched the film. I had heard from some source he was difficult to work with but from listening him today that didn’t come across. What does come across is he liked getting it right. I actually find him incredibly attractive - it’s a big loss isn’t it?

Is there any chance your daughter might get into meditation? I’ve heard it helps with sadness. My yoga teacher is a great proponent of it. Does she get her migraines when she’s upset?

• Wow
I was convinced the snake would eat her every night by constricting her breathing. She had an amazing time and met some amazing people. If I ever get to see you in person I can tell you properly about it…I can’t here really 😜.

I ‘ve been watching a lot of interviews with Alan Rickman this afternoon having watched the film. I had heard from some source he was difficult to work with but from listening him today that didn’t come across. What does come across is he liked getting it right. I actually find him incredibly attractive - it’s a big loss isn’t it?

Is there any chance your daughter might get into meditation? I’ve heard it helps with sadness. My yoga teacher is a great proponent of it. Does she get her migraines when she’s upset?
So glad you enjoyed the film - I was thinking of you and @Miscanthus while watching it. I adore Alan Rickman - I could watch him endlessly. That voice. And Helen McCrory gone too - another fine actor. So sad. The cast is wonderful in this movie.

Will 2023 be the year we all meet?! We have lots to discuss. My daughter is dying for us to come over to visit. Unfortunately, she has a migraine again today. She has prescribed meds but they make her drowsy so she takes them at night. They are supposed to prevent migraine but I can’t see an improvement yet. She did meditation as part of her therapy and continues to do it. Her skin around her fingers are red raw from picking - another stress related affliction. She really likes her therapist - she’s Australian and really great with her so - as Miscanthus said - she will need to touch base while away. Hopefully, once she actually goes all will be well. I think the lead up might have her worried.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
So glad you enjoyed the film - I was thinking of you and @Miscanthus while watching it. I adore Alan Rickman - I could watch him endlessly. That voice. And Helen McCrory gone too - another fine actor. So sad. The cast is wonderful in this movie.

Will 2023 be the year we all meet?! We have lots to discuss. My daughter is dying for us to come over to visit. Unfortunately, she has a migraine again today. She has prescribed meds but they make her drowsy so she takes them at night. They are supposed to prevent migraine but I can’t see an improvement yet. She did meditation as part of her therapy and continues to do it. Her skin around her fingers are red raw from picking - another stress related affliction. She really likes her therapist - she’s Australian and really great with her so - as Miscanthus said - she will need to touch base while away. Hopefully, once she actually goes all will be well. I think the lead up might have her worried.
I can't begin to imagine how angry, frustrated and sick you are about the money, especially as you warned him against it and he did it out of frustration.
Last year I lost £600 on a holiday (long story) and I tried not to think about it. Then I decided to have some jewellery made and felt sick at the cost (another long story). In fact, if you ever meet me, you will find out that there are no short stories of my life!
I really hope it works out for your daughter and that anxiety doesn't prevent her from doing things.
I never liked Rickman...sorry...but loved Helen. Saw her at the theatre and she was great.

• Heart
  • Haha
I can't begin to imagine how angry, frustrated and sick you are about the money, especially as you warned him against it and he did it out of frustration.
Last year I lost £600 on a holiday (long story) and I tried not to think about it. Then I decided to have some jewellery made and felt sick at the cost (another long story). In fact, if you ever meet me, you will find out that there are no short stories of my life!
I really hope it works out for your daughter and that anxiety doesn't prevent her from doing things.
I never liked Rickman...sorry...but loved Helen. Saw her at the theatre and she was great.
I want to hear all the long stories! I loved Helen too. Gone way before her time and showed extraordinary courage and bravery.

• Heart
I get the feeling that the people you trusted were not transparent enough having taken the money. I think therefore they will have been prevented from taking their dividends or however they pay themselves,. If this is the case the pot should not have diminished as severely as if 2M had been removed.

You need a Rottweiler lawyer who isn’t afraid to threaten the big banks on your behalf. I know banking law can be very explicit and a good lawyer with the right boxing glove may well get you a much speedier result than normal if he says the right thing and is able to create a sense of urgency for the fast return. I don’t know if you would be able to claim interest lost too. Each bank could refund you 85k which leaves a shortfall but not as bad as losing the full amount.

• Heart
I get the feeling that the people you trusted were not transparent enough having taken the money. I think therefore they will have been prevented from taking their dividends or however they pay themselves,. If this is the case the pot should not have diminished as severely as if 2M had been removed.

You need a Rottweiler lawyer who isn’t afraid to threaten the big banks on your behalf. I know banking law can be very explicit and a good lawyer with the right boxing glove may well get you a much speedier result than normal if he says the right thing and is able to create a sense of urgency for the fast return. I don’t know if you would be able to claim interest lost too. Each bank could refund you 85k which leaves a shortfall but not as bad as losing the full amount.
The solicitor says it’s in the hands of the liquidators and the adviseable thing to do is to target the Broker.He was pushing this well after the mismanagement was going on. Solr says a lot of time and money can be spent on lawyers with little result but to target the broker in such a way as to appear naive and get him to answer questions is going the right way. He says either the push to sell was because of massive commissions or old school network - a best mate from school, for example, might have led the broker to unethically push for further investment. We’ll be drafting with a mind to having the solr cast an eye over it before sending.

In my opinion, all these investment schemes are somewhat ponzi. If Peter needs to be paid before Paul, then Paul is funding the release of funds to Peter. Just my opinion, but I believe it to be true.

• Sad
The solicitor says it’s in the hands of the liquidators and the adviseable thing to do is to target the Broker.He was pushing this well after the mismanagement was going on. Solr says a lot of time and money can be spent on lawyers with little result but to target the broker in such a way as to appear naive and get him to answer questions is going the right way. He says either the push to sell was because of massive commissions or old school network - a best mate from school, for example, might have led the broker to unethically push for further investment. We’ll be drafting with a mind to having the solr cast an eye over it before sending.

In my opinion, all these investment schemes are somewhat ponzi. If Peter needs to be paid before Paul, then Paul is funding the release of funds to Peter. Just my opinion, but I believe it to be true.
Might the Broker just close himself down and open up next day as a different entity (company)? It’s hard getting money out of people who claim they don’t have any (he probably will make that claim). He won’t just be looking at one person suing probably several will and so all costs could potentially be awarded against him too. You might be throwing good money after bad there unless you can all join in together as a group and sue him in one case. That could take a long time (giving him more time to lose his money). People don’t like taking the banks on - conversely banks don’t like the bad publicity and generally settle out of court. I don’t know the details of your case obviously but I might think twice about going for Mr Slippery. I’d hate you to lose even more dosh because of him. Grrrrrr! Also if the lawyer isn’t a Rottweiller (fierce and radically angry on your behalf) I wouldn’t mince around with anyone wishy-washy. Let your gut guide you on this because it will be bang on right (again!). Just the most horrible situation for you darling. Pffft…Let’s write something together and get back all the money we lost having fun! There’s a plan…Bonnets and Frocks win the day…
1684861503521.png

• Heart
Might the Broker just close himself down and open up next day as a different entity (company)? It’s hard getting money out of people who claim they don’t have any (he probably will make that claim). He won’t just be looking at one person suing probably several will and so all costs could potentially be awarded against him too. You might be throwing good money after bad there unless you can all join in together as a group and sue him in one case. That could take a long time (giving him more time to lose his money). People don’t like taking the banks on - conversely banks don’t like the bad publicity and generally settle out of court. I don’t know the details of your case obviously but I might think twice about going for Mr Slippery. I’d hate you to lose even more dosh because of him. Grrrrrr! Also if the lawyer isn’t a Rottweiller (fierce and radically angry on your behalf) I wouldn’t mince around with anyone wishy-washy. Let your gut guide you on this because it will be bang on right (again!). Just the most horrible situation for you darling. Pffft…Let’s write something together and get back all the money we lost having fun! There’s a plan…Bonnets and Frocks win the day…View attachment 2191110
Bonnets and frocks, my friend ☘👒👒❤ I’ll keep you posted. How is our handsome TB these days? By the way, I left you a cheeky post on t’other thread! I do like my own jokes 😂😂

I just watched this - Innit sad that people throw in the towel and they don’t even know why? 😢 fight for this love as Cheryl used to sing.

• Sad
I love, love, love this movie. I really hope you do to too. ❤

I watched this and I liked it a lot! Compelling storyline. Very clever…Keep ‘em comin’…🤩💜
---
Bonnets and frocks, my friend ☘👒👒❤ I’ll keep you posted. How is our handsome TB these days? By the way, I left you a cheeky post on t’other thread! I do like my own jokes 😂😂

I just watched this - Innit sad that people throw in the towel and they don’t even know why? 😢 fight for this love as Cheryl used to sing.

Haven’t been able to watch MIC this season it’s just left me cold with that French one and the baby. Can’t stand her and she put me off the whole show…Watched it since it started because it’s all my old stomping grounds. Luvvie Bentley will be with someone else soon. They all hope there will be an old car in a garage somewhere 😜
---
Teddy Bear is seriously fabulous as ever. 💜 He sends his pining love to Gem xxx😘

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
I watched this and I liked it a lot! Compelling storyline. Very clever…Keep ‘em comin’…🤩💜
---

Haven’t been able to watch MIC this season it’s just left me cold with that French one and the baby. Can’t stand her and she put me off the whole show…Watched it since it started because it’s all my old stomping grounds. Luvvie Bentley will be with someone else soon. They all hope there will be an old car in a garage somewhere 😜
---
Teddy Bear is seriously fabulous as ever. 💜 He sends his pining love to Gem xxx😘
Oh I do love a romance - movie ❤ not Trist and Liv; shades of Digby repeated, unfortunately. Liv is looking for the impossible and she always does a takedown that is mean and unforgiveable so that she feels she comes out on top but really there can’t be a possible reunion. Issues. Shame - her parents seem nice.

I love Adaline because it seems like the ideal but the losses are so heavy to bear so that you really feel the burden and the pain, especially with her daughter and her beloved dog. It resonates so much with modern culture too - the cosmetic enhancements that mean nothing to the soul but allow you to lie to yourself.

So glad our TB is handsome and well - our Gem still has the grá for him. ❤

• Heart
Oh I do love a romance - movie ❤ not Trist and Liv; shades of Digby repeated, unfortunately. Liv is looking for the impossible and she always does a takedown that is mean and unforgiveable so that she feels she comes out on top but really there can’t be a possible reunion. Issues. Shame - her parents seem nice.

I love Adaline because it seems like the ideal but the losses are so heavy to bear so that you really feel the burden and the pain, especially with her daughter and her beloved dog. It resonates so much with modern culture too - the cosmetic enhancements that mean nothing to the soul but allow you to lie to yourself.

So glad our TB is handsome and well - our Gem still has the grá for him. ❤
Yes, I wept like a baby when she had to let the dog go 🥲. Such a clever concept for a film! I think if it had been a British film it would have really sung! This is the type of thing we do sooooo well. (I’m thinking 3 Weddings or anything Richard Curtis). That man is a genius (along with our lovely Mr Rickman of course). I love our new ‘Havisham Recommends’ corner for films.

I watched Emma Thompson’s and Juliet Stevenson’s obit to AR and they both clearly adored him. I really OD’d on AR on Sunday thanks to you 😁.

🦴🍖🐕🐶 🐾 TB & GK 💕

• Heart
Yes, I wept like a baby when she had to let the dog go 🥲. Such a clever concept for a film! I think if it had been a British film it would have really sung! This is the type of thing we do sooooo well. (I’m thinking 3 Weddings or anything Richard Curtis). That man is a genius (along with our lovely Mr Rickman of course). I love our new ‘Havisham Recommends’ corner for films.

I watched Emma Thompson’s and Juliet Stevenson’s obit to AR and they both clearly adored him. I really OD’d on AR on Sunday thanks to you 😁.

🦴🍖🐕🐶 🐾 TB & GK 💕
It’s so weird re Emma Thompson. When she dated Kenneth Branagh, I wasn’t that fond of either - very toff, Cambridge elite (did I ever tell you my amazing brother got an actual scholarship to Cambridge? My mum said yes - my dad said no - would’ve cost 30k per year even with the scholarship - but well done him - whereas I was expelled - whole other story)

All these years later, I love Kenneth, I love Emma, I love Greg, I love Helena (always did) who apparently split up E and K. Anyway, back on topic - I love Richard Curtis movies and I agree @Oops he could have made this movie sing. The concept though - I really love. We can all get tired of the repetition and sameness of our day but it is nevertheless magical.
I suppose I see the film in an abundance of ways. Interesting too, how, no matter how long you might be married to a man, they will secretly harbour another even in a small way - Beauty does that when preserved in a memory, right? I would think so because it equals youth, ie the Harrison Ford character.

Sorry - I get way too deep with movies. I’ll do a recommendation per month🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.