Vignettes and Pets #4 Come the Revolution!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is the real Lydiot!
Sooooooo grim!

All that evergreenery
Doesn’t improve the scenery
Bandy legs akimbo
Staggering, drunken dimbo…

Apparently nice wine can be watered down and stay nice! If she says something she thinks that makes it so…I think the pair of them have had their day. There really isn’t any call for short models. He may last a tiny bit longer but he‘s getting a bad reputation for being SO dense and unworldly. His blotchy vanity is wearing very thin. I mean those free hats!

Got half way and plan to do the other half tomorrow. Heavvvvvvvyyyyy going…

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
Sooooooo grim!

All that evergreenery
Doesn’t improve the scenery
Bandy legs akimbo
Staggering, drunken dimbo…

Apparently nice wine can be watered down and stay nice! If she says something she thinks that makes it so…I think the pair of them have had their day. There really isn’t any call for short models. He may last a tiny bit longer but he‘s getting a bad reputation for being SO dense and unworldly. His blotchy vanity is wearing very thin. I mean those free hats!

Got half way and plan to do the other half tomorrow. Heavvvvvvvyyyyy going…
Good Morning! I got through a little bit and will suffer through the rest later too. I reckon abject suffering should be endured in small doses. A torture such as this latest offering may, in fact, take several days. I know what it’s about thanks to our dear friends on t’other who kindly take the beating for us and report back.

In more positive news - a wonderful revelation has occurred - the knit sock boot. This is the perfect - perfect - addition to my wardrobe. Who even knew it was missing in the first place? Me - me and my bunion. My knit sock boot arrived this morning. I was so unlucky. I was making Mr MK his breakfast (toasted ciabatta, scrambled eggs and the piesta desistance, crispy fried parma ham on top - try it, it’s great!) and missed the damn doorbell. The courier company had delivered my bloomin’ sock boots. There followed a long litany of the amount of shoes in my wardrobe never worn (true, sadly) and my defence that a) I don’t go out enough; b) when I do go out - it’s local and I’m required to walk and c) the blessed bunion.

Until my operation (appointment is March 2024) the knit sock boot will be my hero.

Do any of you have a wishlist for Autumn or one piece you want - it is kind of exciting, isn’t it, this time of year? The thought of updating just a little bit?

My lewk for Autumn is - maxi pencil skirts with split and my knit ankle boots. The skirts are midi but I size up in them and wear them lower rise. I find them very flattering, strangely. I bought one in denim and loved it so much, I got the black and the white denim version. What are you girls thinking of buying?

• Heart
Reactions: 4
@Milking Keynes, I've never tried a knit sock boot. Are they hard to pull on?

I just tried some new jeans. They're straight leg, but rather relaxed. AGOLDE's Criss Cross style. They looked awful. For one thing they were at least 2 sizes too big, despite my carefully measuring my own flesh before ordering them. And the hem is raw. Which I don't really care for. I looked like a clown. So they're going back. Maybe if they were the right size, they wouldn't have looked as awful. Being 5'3" and short waisted means relaxed style jeans make me look like I've got massive swinging boy parts. Especially if I dare sit down. All my jeans are skinny style and the kids keep telling me to try the boyfriend, girlfriend, or some uncle style. I've yet to find any that I like.

I'd love to find a denim maxi skirt. They're so wearable. I had an Armani denim pencil skirt for over 20 years, wore it with everything. Button down shirts, tees, v neck jumpers. Always looked polished but not fussy since the denim was mid blue with some distressing. With trainers, boots, or sandals, didn't matter, I always got compliments. But Oldest took it this year. Looks great on her, so I don't mind.

I ordered the maxi long sleeve wrap dress from that Influencer's line, Audrey Leighton Vintage. It's wonderful. Impeccable quality. I'm so pleased. I love the Hush maxi organic cotton sweatshirt dresses with nice accents at sleeves and neckline. Has anyone tried the Hush Emanuelle dress? It's such an easy piece. Dropped waist, and very flattering. I have it in several colourways. Just have to be careful washing them as they do shrink easily. I may have bought another leather jacket. ((SHHHHHH)) I am ridiculous. It's the exact style I already own, but it's a deeper black. I can plainly see it's very very dark black compared to the other one but DH tells me he can't see a difference. 🤪

• Heart
  • Haha
@Milking Keynes, I've never tried a knit sock boot. Are they hard to pull on?

I just tried some new jeans. They're straight leg, but rather relaxed. AGOLDE's Criss Cross style. They looked awful. For one thing they were at least 2 sizes too big, despite my carefully measuring my own flesh before ordering them. And the hem is raw. Which I don't really care for. I looked like a clown. So they're going back. Maybe if they were the right size, they wouldn't have looked as awful. Being 5'3" and short waisted means relaxed style jeans make me look like I've got massive swinging boy parts. Especially if I dare sit down. All my jeans are skinny style and the kids keep telling me to try the boyfriend, girlfriend, or some uncle style. I've yet to find any that I like.

I'd love to find a denim maxi skirt. They're so wearable. I had an Armani denim pencil skirt for over 20 years, wore it with everything. Button down shirts, tees, v neck jumpers. Always looked polished but not fussy since the denim was mid blue with some distressing. With trainers, boots, or sandals, didn't matter, I always got compliments. But Oldest took it this year. Looks great on her, so I don't mind.

I ordered the maxi long sleeve wrap dress from that Influencer's line, Audrey Leighton Vintage. It's wonderful. Impeccable quality. I'm so pleased. I love the Hush maxi organic cotton sweatshirt dresses with nice accents at sleeves and neckline. Has anyone tried the Hush Emanuelle dress? It's such an easy piece. Dropped waist, and very flattering. I have it in several colourways. Just have to be careful washing them as they do shrink easily. I may have bought another leather jacket. ((SHHHHHH)) I am ridiculous. It's the exact style I already own, but it's a deeper black. I can plainly see it's very very dark black compared to the other one but DH tells me he can't see a difference. 🤪
I’m so interested in your review of the Agolde jeans - I love the criss-cross waist. I’m very up and down, rectangular, but with a slight tum (😢). I like a distressed hem - I also suit skinnies and although everyone says they’re over, I think they look great with lug sole ankle boots to modernise them... an oversize blazer and viola as Elsie would say...

I have never worn Hush but will look up their dresses. I have a ridiculous amount of real leather and faux leather skirts and blazers and bikers and aviator jackets... adore ‘em and yes, they all differ! Tell your DH that MK confirmed this immediately.

What is your new leather jacket like? I got a faded, old looking grey faux one I love and a cropped real leather blazer that is adorable. Re the sock boot - I’ll send a pic - it’s perfect with the maxi pencil & blazer or leather jacket over as it’s quiet feminine in contrast. Easy to pull on as it’s knit but not obviously so. ❤

9392C05E-789C-4EAB-86D5-0F0508B575CB.jpeg

---
The Hush Emanuelle dress is lovely but sold out in some sizes. This is how Ruth Crilly styled it - simple but gorgeous-

B09B2E8E-BBE2-4F17-AC0E-90736009CB4A.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart
I’m so interested in your review of the Agolde jeans - I love the criss-cross waist. I’m very up and down, rectangular, but with a slight tum (😢). I like a distressed hem - I also suit skinnies and although everyone says they’re over, I think they look great with lug sole ankle boots to modernise them... an oversize blazer and viola as Elsie would say...

I have never worn Hush but will look up their dresses. I have a ridiculous amount of real leather and faux leather skirts and blazers and bikers and aviator jackets... adore ‘em and yes, they all differ! Tell your DH that MK confirmed this immediately.

What is your new leather jacket like? I got a faded, old looking grey faux one I love and a cropped real leather blazer that is adorable. Re the sock boot - I’ll send a pic - it’s perfect with the maxi pencil & blazer or leather jacket over as it’s quiet feminine in contrast. Easy to pull on as it’s knit but not obviously so. ❤

View attachment 2412392
---
The Hush Emanuelle dress is lovely but sold out in some sizes. This is how Ruth Crilly styled it - simple but gorgeous-

View attachment 2412424
Love the heel!! What a find, something stylish that is comfy too! Ruth is who turned me on to Hush's Emanuelle dress! It is everything she says. Love the fabric too.

I've got an hourglass. With a big bust (that I would love to chop off!!) and very short waisted. Which is a problem when shopping for jeans and trousers. Waist always gapes. I have to use a tailor. Or, I can't get them past my bum if the waist is proper nipped. Especially with jeans without stretch. The tailor can't help me there. If they're high-rise, the waistband will literally dig into my rib cage right under my breasts. I look like an old man with his pants pulled too high.

This is the first time I've handled AGOLDE denim IRL. The quality is good. I usually wear Rag & Bone, Mother, and R13 jeans. I'd say AGOLDE is comparable. I gave up on Citizens of Humanity and J Brand as they'd get so stretched out within hours they looked shapeless. The Criss Cross design seems genius. I was really hoping they'd work. I may try to order a smaller size. But the button fly is what throws me. I feel if they had a zipper they wouldn't have been as bulky in the FUPA area. Zippers seem to streamline the area vs button fly. Don't think this design would work with a zipper though. They're a bit of a mindfuck though, the way the back waist is cockeyed. DH asked me if I realized the back was broken. LOL

I will always love skinny jeans. Especially with a lug sole bootie. Chunky ankle boots are heavenly. I have to be careful of tall boots as they easily look like thigh highs gone wrong since I'm so short. :mad:

The new jacket is a Balenciaga from 2008. Ignore the following paragraph if you're not into anal retentive frivolity. I admit I am utterly ridiculous about this topic.

I am a Balenciaga nut, but only the pieces from the Nicolas Ghesquière era. I refuse to buy anything by Demna. I started with a 2012 black Bal jacket, my first leather jacket ever. I'd never felt cool enough to even try one on. An SA handed it to me while I was browsing one day. I didn't want to be rude, so slipped it on. I was wearing a floral dress and was shocked at how it changed everything. From priss cutesy to edgy. Fell in love. So I got a 2013 version of the same jacket because the 2012 had too much of a pearly sheen to it and it photographed almost purple. Bought a 2009 of the same jacket in Khaki with gorgeous distressed leather, but had to sell that off as it made me look sickly green. Then found the elusive black 2007 (first year of production) and realized the Bal jackets that were made in France had leather that was far better than those produced after 2011 when they moved production to Turkey. The early years of Bal jackets are like wearing a cardigan, very soft pillowy leather. Later years the leather is thick, stiff and squeaks horribly until they're broken in. So I sold off all the jackets that had been made in Turkey and focused on the ones made in France. The kicker with these jackets is the sizing is always off, year to year. Which makes the hunt maddening as I'm always buying preloved. I can't even remember how many I've bought only to have to sell them or consign them at a significant loss, as the fit was all wrong. Then I ventured into Rick Owens leather jackets, but they're not very substantial and I found that the knit panel on the arms doesn't wear well. DH's favorite jacket is my Burberry Losely. Which is a LEWK. So much hardware, it's so heavy it's almost uncomfortable. DH loved it so much he bought himself the matching one. I refuse to wear mine when he's wearing his as we would look ridiculous. He thinks we'd look like this. I assure you, we wouldn't.

Screenshot 2023-08-29 at 2.50.53 PM.png

The new jacket, the 2008, is this one.

Screenshot 2023-08-29 at 2.58.56 PM.png

Which DH thinks is exactly like my 2007. It isn't!! See the difference in tone?

Screenshot 2023-08-29 at 2.58.16 PM.png

Youngest bought a gorgeous faux leather maxi skirt last year from Asos. It's beautifully drapey and soft. Faux leather has really come a long way. I'm impressed.

• Heart
I am longing to respond on the fashion front and will do tomorrow ✌😎

I just wanted to put up @happyforest ‘s Brillo suggestion for the next thread title, which of course is:-

Vignettes and Pets #5
This thread is like a nice shot of vitamin B12 for the soul.

There! Isn’t that just lovely? 🥰😇😍

• Heart
Love the heel!! What a find, something stylish that is comfy too! Ruth is who turned me on to Hush's Emanuelle dress! It is everything she says. Love the fabric too.

I've got an hourglass. With a big bust (that I would love to chop off!!) and very short waisted. Which is a problem when shopping for jeans and trousers. Waist always gapes. I have to use a tailor. Or, I can't get them past my bum if the waist is proper nipped. Especially with jeans without stretch. The tailor can't help me there. If they're high-rise, the waistband will literally dig into my rib cage right under my breasts. I look like an old man with his pants pulled too high.

This is the first time I've handled AGOLDE denim IRL. The quality is good. I usually wear Rag & Bone, Mother, and R13 jeans. I'd say AGOLDE is comparable. I gave up on Citizens of Humanity and J Brand as they'd get so stretched out within hours they looked shapeless. The Criss Cross design seems genius. I was really hoping they'd work. I may try to order a smaller size. But the button fly is what throws me. I feel if they had a zipper they wouldn't have been as bulky in the FUPA area. Zippers seem to streamline the area vs button fly. Don't think this design would work with a zipper though. They're a bit of a mindfuck though, the way the back waist is cockeyed. DH asked me if I realized the back was broken. LOL

I will always love skinny jeans. Especially with a lug sole bootie. Chunky ankle boots are heavenly. I have to be careful of tall boots as they easily look like thigh highs gone wrong since I'm so short. :mad:

The new jacket is a Balenciaga from 2008. Ignore the following paragraph if you're not into anal retentive frivolity. I admit I am utterly ridiculous about this topic.

I am a Balenciaga nut, but only the pieces from the Nicolas Ghesquière era. I refuse to buy anything by Demna. I started with a 2012 black Bal jacket, my first leather jacket ever. I'd never felt cool enough to even try one on. An SA handed it to me while I was browsing one day. I didn't want to be rude, so slipped it on. I was wearing a floral dress and was shocked at how it changed everything. From priss cutesy to edgy. Fell in love. So I got a 2013 version of the same jacket because the 2012 had too much of a pearly sheen to it and it photographed almost purple. Bought a 2009 of the same jacket in Khaki with gorgeous distressed leather, but had to sell that off as it made me look sickly green. Then found the elusive black 2007 (first year of production) and realized the Bal jackets that were made in France had leather that was far better than those produced after 2011 when they moved production to Turkey. The early years of Bal jackets are like wearing a cardigan, very soft pillowy leather. Later years the leather is thick, stiff and squeaks horribly until they're broken in. So I sold off all the jackets that had been made in Turkey and focused on the ones made in France. The kicker with these jackets is the sizing is always off, year to year. Which makes the hunt maddening as I'm always buying preloved. I can't even remember how many I've bought only to have to sell them or consign them at a significant loss, as the fit was all wrong. Then I ventured into Rick Owens leather jackets, but they're not very substantial and I found that the knit panel on the arms doesn't wear well. DH's favorite jacket is my Burberry Losely. Which is a LEWK. So much hardware, it's so heavy it's almost uncomfortable. DH loved it so much he bought himself the matching one. I refuse to wear mine when he's wearing his as we would look ridiculous. He thinks we'd look like this. I assure you, we wouldn't.

View attachment 2412800

The new jacket, the 2008, is this one.

View attachment 2412809

Which DH thinks is exactly like my 2007. It isn't!! See the difference in tone?

View attachment 2412808

Youngest bought a gorgeous faux leather maxi skirt last year from Asos. It's beautifully drapey and soft. Faux leather has really come a long way. I'm impressed.
The leather jackets are sublime. Well chosen and well wear. I admire your beautiful taste. ALL my leather jackets - bar my newest faux one - are purchased from ASOS! So I’m way down the couture scale however, as ASOS is an umbrella for many brands, they stock Barneys Originals and that is the brand for my leathers. I have the Aviator, the Margo and the Charli and the cropped blazer I’ll send you a pic of - I don’t recall the style name. The leather is supple but strong and the price point is ammmazzing! It’s my go to.. I had two designer leather jackets in cream - one by See by Chloe and another by a lovely design company called Bastyan that closed down, unfortunately. Both were butter soft but so hard to keep I ended up getting rid.

I certainly do see the difference in your leather jackets, for sure. The subtle details are clear to me - however, I agree with DH - the Burberry is exceptional. Love the 2008 Balmain, though, absolutely divine. I’ll try and post a few pics of the leather v faux later - the faux can either be dreadful or absolutely gorgeous. My new grey one is cute and the faux shearling cropped hoody is great too. You can be lucky! I also love Rick Owens for the softness of the leather but the one I tried on didn’t suit me at all - it had a waterfall front that just didn’t do it for me. Loving this discussion ❤ I’ll post pics later. XX

Eta - So I’m starting with the green croc Armani Jeans jacket, followed by the two Barneys leather jackets followed by the two faux jackets - one is the ASOS cropped hoody and the latest purchase, the loose fit faded grey from Zalando (it’s by Bershka - a high street shop that my kids go to so I was surprised it was this brand - I love this jacket!)

A68A7E65-C32F-489C-8DA2-7E2C0648B43E.jpeg
43CC8ADA-4E02-4EFC-92EB-16878A773E2F.jpeg
BF26BE00-29C0-4A95-BB66-DA210844E888.jpeg
111794A0-26AB-4093-BEED-82EF342F7EE2.jpeg
C54E86CC-5AD8-4B9C-9B9F-83DBACB60B09.jpeg

---
Photos in wrong order but you get the jist. ❤

Last edited:
  • Heart
You young fashionistas! Tut!

I've just ordered a new season hair shirt 😬
You have been supplied with a Masterclass in leather jackets from the sublime designer wardrobe of @happyforest and the budget version from Havisham and you choose a hair shirt????

Am I missing something? Flicks through Vogue and Harpers manically.. hair shirt, hair shirt, hair shirt ...

• Haha
EEEEKKKK @Milking Keynes I love them all!! Huge fans of Bershka here. I've lived in their cargo pants for the last 5 years. The girls both love the brand too. I love that Asos has so many different offerings. Even skincare! I've found so many great dresses there, especially by Monki. Have you tried Monki? Zara has beautiful pieces as well. Oldest has a leather jacket from Zara. The quality is so so good! I found it at Goodwill! (Do you have that there? People donate for charity and the public can buy.) The leather jacket was brand new, still had tags attached, and I paid 40 bucks for it! It has broken in beautifully. Girls and I go thrifting all the time, hardly ever go to proper shops anymore.

Your green jacket, colour is beautiful; you must look amazing in it. And the grey one is SO beautiful. All of them are perfect. I can imagine you now in cute boots, with the added swagger of these jackets. Our very own Gwynnie Goops is hella stylish!

Rick Owens, love the clothes, the vibe, the man himself. He and his wife are just so cool to me. I love her for not messing with her face. But frankly he doesn't design for curves. His draping is stunning on fashion models, who have no lumps and bumps. So I fondle the clothes when I come across them, but can't wear them which is rather good because even preloved, they're very expensive for such flimsy things.

DH bought me these Converse GR82 boots about 2 years ago. I've been living in them, wear them with the Bershka cargos and tees. They're waterproof canvas and the thick heel makes them feel sturdy enough that I could run in them if I had to.

Screenshot 2023-08-30 at 9.18.33 AM.png

I just bought these trainers a few weeks ago. It's my 2nd pair of Adidas Superstars. They are very comfortable, don't need breaking in (unlike fookin' Nike) and wear well. I had a white pair, but wanted the reverse colourway to bring intrigue, lolz. Been wearing them with linen and cotton shift dresses (from ASOS!!) this summer. I like wearing them to doctor appointments as I can easily slip them off to get on their bloody scales.

Screenshot 2023-08-30 at 9.25.28 AM.png

• Heart
EEEEKKKK @Milking Keynes I love them all!! Huge fans of Bershka here. I've lived in their cargo pants for the last 5 years. The girls both love the brand too. I love that Asos has so many different offerings. Even skincare! I've found so many great dresses there, especially by Monki. Have you tried Monki? Zara has beautiful pieces as well. Oldest has a leather jacket from Zara. The quality is so so good! I found it at Goodwill! (Do you have that there? People donate for charity and the public can buy.) The leather jacket was brand new, still had tags attached, and I paid 40 bucks for it! It has broken in beautifully. Girls and I go thrifting all the time, hardly ever go to proper shops anymore.

Your green jacket, colour is beautiful; you must look amazing in it. And the grey one is SO beautiful. All of them are perfect. I can imagine you now in cute boots, with the added swagger of these jackets. Our very own Gwynnie Goops is hella stylish!

Rick Owens, love the clothes, the vibe, the man himself. He and his wife are just so cool to me. I love her for not messing with her face. But frankly he doesn't design for curves. His draping is stunning on fashion models, who have no lumps and bumps. So I fondle the clothes when I come across them, but can't wear them which is rather good because even preloved, they're very expensive for such flimsy things.

DH bought me these Converse GR82 boots about 2 years ago. I've been living in them, wear them with the Bershka cargos and tees. They're waterproof canvas and the thick heel makes them feel sturdy enough that I could run in them if I had to.

View attachment 2414214

I just bought these trainers a few weeks ago. It's my 2nd pair of Adidas Superstars. They are very comfortable, don't need breaking in (unlike fookin' Nike) and wear well. I had a white pair, but wanted the reverse colourway to bring intrigue, lolz. Been wearing them with linen and cotton shift dresses (from ASOS!!) this summer. I like wearing them to doctor appointments as I can easily slip them off to get on their bloody scales.

View attachment 2414258
Arghhh! We are soul sisters - no - sole sisters ❤ My God, DH has good taste... no wonder he’s a keeper! Those Converse GR82 are awesome - I love.

Yes, the Adidas Superstar are fab - my eldest bought the Adidas Samba at a NY outlet (still expensive, mind) and bloody forgot the size up in US shoes (why didn’t she tell me she was buying them) and got a measly size 7. My girl is a UK 7.5 so is now trying to resell new with tags - got offered €90 but whatever.... such a flopping shame - they were the same colourway as yours. Perfection.

Re Monki ❤ The Yoko jean I have in every wash .... best. jean. ever! Have not tried their dresses but will have a gander!

Have actually just returned from the city centre with my daughter - we walked around Brown Thomas and Arnotts looking at all the new in collections I had spied on Net a Porter and then went to Zara. Zara is killing it this autumn and the prices are back to Zara of old. Last year was overpriced and disappointing. We came home lusting after the Zara pieces more than the designer collections bar Dries van Noten (stunning prints as always). Shoes wise - Dior loafers stood out for me - Christmas wishlist!
---
Eta - these are two the bargain pencil skirts from Asos - great with both of your shoe choices - the combats and the adidas. Plus, the slit is great for showing a little skin!

FB875BCD-A494-4602-8AD3-20F5C7697CB1.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Girls, sorry to interrupt but I had some news today.

I'm moving house.....in 2 weeks! 🙃

• Wow
  • Heart

That's exciting! Right? Please give as many details as you feel comfortable with. Wishing you the best of luck as you pack up and make the move. ❤

• Heart
Is that Magnus? (From tail to head 🤩) x
Nope, it's the rescue waif I named Lorcan. Although he refused the name. Obstinate wee man. He'd been known as Peanut before he came to us. He broke me, playing deaf and dumb unless we all used Peanut, which is a ridiculous name for such a noble soul. He was also a wraith. Absolutely silent. Never barked or whined, nor did he groan, snort, and moan like Magnus was wont to do. Magnus was a Maria Callas in Wolfhound clothing. Peanut, on the other hand, was stoic and silent, always. No matter what. Doorbells, people coming in, other dogs barking at him. He remained silent always. Our pizza delivery guy was terrified of him because of his silence. He once caught sight of the silent giant behind me, staring and silent, and he dropped our pie and ran. 🤪 Silly fella, Peanut would never hurt a fly. Or a Dwarf Sapphire hamster. Peanut was also sadly chronically agoraphobic. He hated walks, car rides, anything outside of the house and garden. He wasn't food motivated, so it was very difficult to get him anywhere. Our vet said it was because he was so unsteady due to his spinal injury. Here he is eating sunflower seeds with his bestie, Marcellus Wallace.

Screenshot 2023-08-30 at 8.34.54 PM.png

• Heart
Nope, it's the rescue waif I named Lorcan. Although he refused the name. Obstinate wee man. He'd been known as Peanut before he came to us. He broke me, playing deaf and dumb unless we all used Peanut, which is a ridiculous name for such a noble soul. He was also a wraith. Absolutely silent. Never barked or whined, nor did he groan, snort, and moan like Magnus was wont to do. Magnus was a Maria Callas in Wolfhound clothing. Peanut, on the other hand, was stoic and silent, always. No matter what. Doorbells, people coming in, other dogs barking at him. He remained silent always. Our pizza delivery guy was terrified of him because of his silence. He once caught sight of the silent giant behind me, staring and silent, and he dropped our pie and ran. 🤪 Silly fella, Peanut would never hurt a fly. Or a Dwarf Sapphire hamster. Peanut was also sadly chronically agoraphobic. He hated walks, car rides, anything outside of the house and garden. He wasn't food motivated, so it was very difficult to get him anywhere. Our vet said it was because he was so unsteady due to his spinal injury. Here he is eating sunflower seeds with his bestie, Marcellus Wallace.

View attachment 2415608
💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕 Oh- I love him. He may have been silent but his eyes did his talking. Oh he was just the loveliest fellah!

...and Marcellus Wallace..! 💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕
---

I told you Eugene the elephant would bring news! He always does!
Aggggghhhhh! Just before your trip to SA you are now moving house!
ON NO account are you to even think of getting your ladders out! What about your garden?
Soooooo many questions my darling...
Oh! I am a bit overcome...WHERE are you moving to?
Go on - say Mongolia! I SO dare you to say Mongolia...🧨

Last edited:
  • Heart
💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕 Oh- I love him. He may have been silent but his eyes did his talking. Oh he was just the loveliest fellah!

...and Marcellus Wallace..! 💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕
---

I told you Eugene the elephant would bring news! He always does!
Aggggghhhhh! Just before your trip to SA you are now moving house!
ON NO account are you to even think of getting your ladders out! What about your garden?
Soooooo many questions my darling...
Oh! I am a bit overcome...WHERE are you moving to?
Go on - say Mongolia! I SO dare you to say Mongolia...🧨
Ha ha! No, not Mongolia! Too cold!

I can't sleep and have an eye infection in my right eye too, plus car troubles......hopefully sorted Saturday (the car not the eye).

If I'd known you were awake I would have been on here earlier.....

Werrrrllllllll........when Eugene was staying with me I was hoping he had good news but then you said you needed him back....I was distraught as no good news was forthcoming...

In brief, as you know I was able to sell a house in Feb this year. I hadn't lived there for a while but wasn't able to put it on the market before (without going into personal stuff). It was very tough as it was my home for many years and had land front and back that I had created into gardens etc but the sale gave me an opportunity.
The house I'm in now (4 mins away) was a " temporary " bolthole, but I created a garden from scratch which is flourishing. It worked while I rented an art studio but that was sold off and I was going crazy . As soon as I got back from India in March I marketed this, sold it and, with funds from the other house, had an offer accepted on a house a mile and a half from the first house. That offer was accepted on April 6!!!
There are only 3 of us in the chain but both my and my buyer's solicitors have been at loggerheads since day one. It's taken months of uncertainty, stress and hope and finally, yesterday it happened.
Of course it's right up to the wire as I go away on 21st (back mid Oct)! However, nobody wanted to wait until nearly the end of October, including me, as I thought I was moving in the flopping summer!!!
Now I have a date I need to find a removal company and get a lot done to reunite my possessions, both here and in storage.
Please ask questions and I will try to answer them 😍

• Heart

View attachment 2415608
I am in love.....I adore hounds and he is soooo beautiful! Poor darling.
Loving Marcellus too!

I think I've told this story before but at my old house the people who lived at the stables down the lane had a wolfhound and one day I was sitting in the study and he appeared behind me. Absolute stealth! i never heard a sound! Of course all my doors and gates must have been open......
He used to come to see Benny, my first Maine Coon, and the only way I could get him to go home was carry Benny with us, back to his house! His name was Alfie.
---
Girls, I've really enjoyed reading your fashion chats and you write so beautifully.

I didn't know the brand Hush and wonder if you can tell me about the sizing? The clothes look quite comfy and relaxed. Do they come up big? Do you order your normal size?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.