Video games

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’d forgotten that me and my friend used to play the Horse game on Tony Hawk where you catch all the letters and change the word to find to random boys we were talking to on msn chat!

Reactions: 5
I'm currently playing Eternal Darkness on the game cube. CRT telly, dark room and headphones is the way to go!

Reactions: 4
I bought a gaming laptop a couple of years ago which was pretty much for World of Warcraft. I've played it for about 10 years (oh god) on and off. I definitely don't have as much time now as I did in my early 20s and only play a couple of hours a few times a week but I still love it :)
I genuinely miss having the time to sit down and waste a stupid amount of time on games 😭

I saw Assassins Creed mentioned and I tried to get into the series by replaying the first couple of games as I've heard they're good. I really enjoyed the first two games and then I picked up Brotherhood. Boy oh boy did I get turned off by those borgia towers (?) so I just put the game down and haven't bothered with it since

Reactions: 2
First game. Some old thing that only had tennis on it: the ball was a white square and the tennis racquets were oblong.
First 'console': Acorn Electron. Was gutted when Santa brought me that cause I wanted a spectrum 48 cause that had the most games on the go. Since then I've had Atari, Nintendo and PS1, PS2 & PS4.
Current console: PS4 - rarely get the chance to play mind you.

The only games on PS that I've ever got to the end of are the first Harry Potter game, and Final Fantasy X.

I have got a PC emulator for old arcade games that gets dusted off now and again: Moon Cresta, Frogger, Phoenix, Hunchback, Defender, Galaxian to name but a few.

Just a heads up. Horizon zero dawn complete edition is free on the playstation store at the moment as part of their play at home programme. It's an amazing game.

• Wow
I was talking to someone a couple of days ago about graphics of old 3D games and how incredible they looked at the time. If you play them now you just notice how people have pointy heads and massive shovels for hands and the environment textures are the same tiny low res jpg copied repeatedly. I mean look at the absolute state of Lara Croft from the first Tomb Raider (1996). That chest could put your eyes out!

tomb-raider1.png

• Haha
Reactions: 10
On the newer tomb raider games you can change Lara to old school Lara and it looks really weird next to the modern graphics in the game🤣 I couldn’t keep her like that because it was really immersion breaking.

I used to like the Pop Idol game on PlayStation.

Simpsons Hit & Run - I used to drive around "normally" as it was relaxing. I liked the sunset.
Shenmue
The Sims 2 & 3.
The Urbz
I remember playing the Nintendo DS version of Sims 2. It wasn't like the regular game, it had a storyline about aliens in Strangetown and you had to run the hotel.
Nintendo games of course

These days I like games like Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, Dragon Quest Builders...

Simpsons Hit & Run - I used to drive around "normally" as it was relaxing. I liked the sunset.
Shenmue
The Sims 2 & 3.
The Urbz
I remember playing the Nintendo DS version of Sims 2. It wasn't like the regular game, it had a storyline about aliens in Strangetown and you had to run the hotel.
Nintendo games of course

These days I like games like Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, Dragon Quest Builders...
I remember this. You had to wait 8 hours irl for a room to be built, if you changed the time on your DS then aliens would invade your hotel. It had a fun soundtrack.
The PSP version had a storyline too, where you had to find your car that's mysteriously vanished.

Shenmue
The Sims 2 & 3.
The Urbz
Nintendo games of course

Omg I still think about the Pop Idol game when I hear some of the songs 😂

• Heart
Okay, so now I feel really old reading some of your first consoles and games 😂. I’m a real gamer girl at heart and grew up with the classics. As an adult I have bought all the old classic consoles and games over the years and kept them all which has been nice as my (now adult) kids also grew up loving them.

First computer was a Commodore 64, the days of waiting in hope that the tape would load after waiting an eternity to play one game. I think Star Wars actually actually came with 4 tapes that you’d have to load before you could play. I loved Gauntlet, Bomb Jack, Mr Do! Centipede, Asteroids. Then came the Arcade machines; Donkey Kong/Mario, Altered Beast, Track n Field, Double Dragon, 1944. I wasn’t lucky enough to get the NES or Mega Drive but I did get a Super Nintendo one Christmas; Mario All Stars, Super Mario World, Mystical Ninja, Pilot Wings, Street Fighter. Then came the PS1; Tomb Raider, Resident Evil, Medievil, Devil May Cry, Silent Hill, Driver, Spyro the Dragon, Crash Bandicoot, Ratchet and Clank, Command and Conquer (Red Alert/ Retaliation), Worms, GTA, Point Blank (with the gun!). Used to watch Games Master on a Sunday evening and hope they would give out the cheats at the end for a game I had, either that or I’d take a sneak look at the cheat codes in the gaming magazine and put it back without buying it 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Loving this thread!
My first computer was a BBC microcomputer, then swiftly onto the original NES with Super Mario Bros and Duckhunt. I still have my NES with the duckhunt gun!
I've been a Nintendo diehard my whole life, had a game boy, gameboy advance sp (loved The Urbz on that!) DS, 3DSXL, Wii, WiiU and now the Switch. We also have a game cube, N64, Sega megadrive, PS1, PS2, PS3 and PS4. (Fortunately my other half is also a gamer!)
Loved pretty much every Mario game, Yoshis Wooly World, Captain Toads Treasure Tracker, Princess Peach on the DS. Every Animal Crossing game (New Leaf was far better than New Horizons is though...)
Lost entire days to the Sims and World of Warcraft.
I struggle to play a lot of newer games on the PS, I get motion sickness from them when i play myself so have to be content watching my other half play instead -RDR1 & 2 are amazing!
I do love the Lego games though, the build noise is one of my favourite game noises 🤣

I'm currently over 300 hours into Stardew Valley. I've got 3 obelisks! Finally got up to level 10 fishing and caught my first legendary fish the other day!

Did anyone used to play Travian on the PC? I loved it, then one night my village got raided many many times and I rage quit and haven't played since!

• Heart
Ahh I could cry! Went to switch on my PS4 this evening and for some reason it didn’t load up properly and needed reinitialising, meaning the PS4 basically gets wiped and I lost all my saves! Only one I’m really bothered about is my Red Dead 2 save with 97% completion, took me ages to get that far and I was going for 100%. Id done everything apart from legendary fishing and a few challenges, I was so close! Absolutely gutted, don’t feel like I want to bother with it now, put so many hours into that save file it all feels like a waste.

Not the first time my PS4 has done this and it’s getting rather annoying now. Must remember to back up my saves on a usb in future.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Ahh I could cry! Went to switch on my PS4 this evening and for some reason it didn’t load up properly and needed reinitialising, meaning the PS4 basically gets wiped and I lost all my saves! Only one I’m really bothered about is my Red Dead 2 save with 97% completion, took me ages to get that far and I was going for 100%. Id done everything apart from legendary fishing and a few challenges, I was so close! Absolutely gutted, don’t feel like I want to bother with it now, put so many hours into that save file it all feels like a waste.

Not the first time my PS4 has done this and it’s getting rather annoying now. Must remember to back up my saves on a usb in future.
Oh no that’s so disappointing! We have an external hard drive plugged in to our PS4 which I think backs up our saves, but if it doesn’t I’m going to ask the boyfriend to sort that now I’ve read this post.

Would you keep the achievements though since they’re linked to your online account? Not so clued up on how it works but I would think you’d be able to start a new game and use that it complete the 3% you have left, without having to replay the whole game. Appreciate some grafting might be involved to get the right kit/abilities etc and if it’s collecting things you’d need to start from scratch but all might not be lost!

Ooh what a nice thread!

I was one of the first in my class to get a PC (1992, dad brought it home from work) and the first game I played was on Windows called Reversi and an old MS-DOS version of Pac-Man called PC-man (sounds like a woke superhero but no it was just another version of Pac-Man honest). Fell in love with Prince of Persia, an arcade style game called Xenon something, a basic platform game called Jumpman and how could I forget Lemmings? Could never get past the ‘mayhem’ levels though. Another one I remember which seemed dead advanced for the time (1993) was Catacomb Abyss. Was actually terrifying!

Did anyone here have to play those BBC computer games in school? We had a right mad one called Flowers of Crystal.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.