Video games

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I tried to play Zelda breathe of the wild but it felt a bit too much - swords break on you and you need to remember recipes to cook foods 😬 I struggle with what's supposed to be the best games thesedays and miss the Gameboy days! I miss games being a bit more simple and that you could dive in for just a short time.

Reactions: 6
I love pretty much anything Rockstar touch. The Red Dead Redemption series is my favourite of all time. Love GTA too.

Enjoy Tombraider, Assassin's Creed and Uncharted series too. That's my sort of game.

There's a certain tyle of girl on social media labelling themselves as 'gamer girls' that really wind me up because they always post really provocative pictures clearly for attention and I doubt they are even into games. I saw one the other day where she was posting her new controller which she just happened to be holding right next to her barely covered boobs and it just made me go 🙄🙄🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I didn't play much but here is what I did play-

First console was a Nintendo 64 which had Super Mario 64 on. I loved that game, jumping through the pictures to all the lands! It's aaaa me aaa Mario!! I remember a Simpsons game for the 64 as well which was like an arcade game. Also a Rugrats one called Rugrats- Scavenger Hunt. That game was actually incredible and I'd play it again

Had a game boy colour in yellow with tons of games but mainly Pokemon yellow & red! I also had a game boy advance which had a really good Looney Tunes game on it.

As I got older I began playing the Sims. The Sims 2 on the PC with all the expansion packs was incredible. Bon Voyage and University were probably my faves along with Pets cos I liked my Sims having pets 🤣 also had Bustin Out and the Urbz on the pic

Always snuck into my brothers room to play GTA with him. When I was old enough I completed 3, Vice City & San Andrea's myself 😅 went on to get 4 and 5 on my PlayStation

My all time favourite game is Red Dead Redemption, the story is amazing. I can't actually believe i haven't played the second one yet 😭

I also had a game cube but I didnt really rate that. Although the game cube had the best Mario kart imo which was double dash. There was Rugrats Royal Ransom on that which I also loved 😅 and all the other Mario games like Sunshine which I didnt rate and the party ones which I didnt bother with. I did like Mario v Sonic at the Olympics though 🤣

Also the wii!! I loved the wii, mainly for the wii fit. Wii sports resort was incredible as well. I was also incredibly good at bowling & tennis 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I tried to play Zelda breathe of the wild but it felt a bit too much - swords break on you and you need to remember recipes to cook foods 😬 I struggle with what's supposed to be the best games thesedays and miss the Gameboy days! I miss games being a bit more simple and that you could dive in for just a short time.
I got BOTW for Christmas and it's SO overwhelming. There's so much to do and just not really a direct path to follow so I felt like I was just wandering aimlessly for ages. Plus the swords breaking constantly is the most annoying thing. I've not played it in a while as there was just too many options for what to do next and I'm really indecisive :ROFLMAO: I've had to pull up some walkthrough guides to try and direct myself a wee bit. I might pick it back up again this weekend and see how I go.

My all time favourite game is Red Dead Redemption, the story is amazing. I can't actually believe i haven't played the second one yet 😭
You absolutely must play it, you are in for a real treat! I can’t explain how incredible rdr2 is. Im obsessed to the point where I can’t stop mentioning it on this thread😂

• Heart
You absolutely must play it, you are in for a real treat! I can’t explain how incredible rdr2 is. To the point where I can’t stop mentioning it on this thread😂
I really want to 😅 it came out around the time I was pregnant and my boyfriend got me the sims 4 and I played that the end of my maternity leave, I kinda wish I got red dead 2 instead now 🤣 I might buy it and binge play it when the baby has gone to bed 😈 Just means my boyfriend won't be able to play Fifa 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I really want to 😅 it came out around the time I was pregnant and my boyfriend got me the sims 4 and I played that the end of my maternity leave, I kinda wish I got red dead 2 instead now 🤣 I might buy it and binge play it when the baby has gone to bed 😈 Just means my boyfriend won't be able to play Fifa 😂
I picked it up last year quite cheap and my partner wasn’t fussed by it to begin with, but now he’s nearly as obsessed with it as I am! Best game of the last 10 years imo😅 Really want them to remake the first one, it would be perfect.

• Heart
I picked it up last year quite cheap and my partner wasn’t fussed by it to begin with, but now he’s nearly as obsessed with it as I am! Best game of the last 10 years imo😅 Really want them to remake the first one, it would be perfect.
Yes,
I keep saying this! They've remastered so many games but why not this one?

• Heart
I struggled with that aspect of breath of the wild but there are little korok creatures and you need to collect their seeds (I think it’s probably actually their poo 🙊) and I got really into that, just running and riding across the world trying to find them and do their puzzles. Barely did any of the actual story, just chased them for hours 😂

I really liked Assassin's Creed 2 when it came out, recently played Syndicate (the one set in London) and found the controls really clunky and the overall game very glitchy. There were random historical figures shoehorned in as well, that had little to no impact on the main story. The surroundings were great though.

Reactions: 3
You absolutely must play it, you are in for a real treat! I can’t explain how incredible rdr2 is. Im obsessed to the point where I can’t stop mentioning it on this thread😂
We got it with our PS4. Partner loves it but constantly complains that the PS4 is too slow for it and the frame rate is rubbish. So although he played it a lot at the start, now he only manages about an hour before he gets frustrated and rage-quits :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
We got it with our PS4. Partner loves it but constantly complains that the PS4 is too slow for it and the frame rate is rubbish. So although he played it a lot at the start, now he only manages about an hour before he gets frustrated and rage-quits :ROFLMAO:
I play on bog standard ps4 and for the most part it seems fine. It can sometimes take a second for objects to load in when finishing fast travelling but not noticed it lag too much. Have you looked into cleaning the inside of the PS4? I think mine is due a clean too, loads of dust can build up inside which can affect performance. Might be worth checking, there’s YouTube videos that show you how to do it😅

I'm going to have to get myself a better PC and a Steam account, just seen they've got Neverwinter Nights as well.

A friend's son is a professional Overwatch player. I watch a few of his matches streamed live sometimes and I find it so hard to keep up with the action, my brain just doesn't seem to work that fast! Any tips?

• Wow
Shamelessly coming here from various other threads.

Does anyone remember Fairlight? It was one of the first games I had and it was the best thing ever....View attachment 527640
I think I dimly remember this. I loved this sort of game. My favourite ever was Head over Heels. You had two characters Head - who could jump high, and Heels who ran fast and occasionally you could team them up.

1618399432671.png

Oh, I so want to play this now.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Love this thread!

Used to love playing the Sims, still play every now and now then but by the time I've installed updates and updated the mods, it's taken so long, I've lost interest. Theme Hospital was also a favourite and I recent bought the 2 Point 4 version for the Switch and it definitely wasn't the same.

Animal Crossing was great for a while during first lockdown as well.

Recently been very into Zelda BOTW - about 70% of the way through - the game is amazing. Cannot wait for the sequel whenever that maybe.

Looking for something to replace it so shall go through this thread for recommendations.

What a thread!

another simulation fan here! always loved the sims, have house flipper (but find it does get tedious) and theme hospital. We have 2 point hospital on the PS4 but haven’t given it enough time yet.

First games: we got a PS1 when i about 6/7, abs we had croc: legend of the gobbos (what a bloody game!!) and tomb raider. this was when you had save points and my parents used to stay up til 4am playing it because if not you’d loose it all!

my husband last played Spider-Man, miles morales and whilst I’m not a big Spider-Man fan I really enjoyed watching him play!!

we typically have the likes of the last of us & far cry etc. I remember vice city, my brother got it age 10 I think and went straight out and murdered a hooker with a chainsaw on Christmas Day with all the fam around 😂

anyone remember saints row, like the ghetto version of GTA? Are they making a new GTA? I have to say it’s one of the all time greats!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.