Video games

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Love this thread!!!

My all time favourite video game series is danganronpa
I also love:
Persona 5
Persona 4
The Zero Escape Series
The Life is Strange series
The Last of Us 1&2
Sims
Planet Coaster

I’m currently playing Skyrim for the first time with my boyfriend and I’m absolutely loving it!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I love This Thread.
The original first three Tomb Raiders,
tetris on the original game boy ( it still works!)
Marion cart (from the SNES onwards).
Super Mario World.
I wish they would make timesplitters,
I also like CoD/Blackops multiplayer.

Inhave a household of demon/dark souls fans and Apex Legends

anyone remember Roland goes digging, Chucky Egg and Jetset Willy?

• Heart
Chucky Egg and Jetset Willy, yes! And Manic Miner. Repton and Frogger too.

Anyone remember the BBC Micro educational game, Granny's Garden? Never managed to finish that, which annoyed me.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Did anyone ever play Tetrinet? It was multiplayer online Tetris, with added power ups that you could use to attack your opponents. It was amazing!

• Heart
Glad to see other simulator fans, Cities: Skylines is such a good one! I must confess my most-played game on Steam is ...Euro Truck Simulator 2. Don't give a duck or know anything about trucks or trucking (I chose my truck based purely on how huge the horn noise is) but there's something really engrossing about it. Nothing like putting on 80s radio and taking seventeen tonnes of beef from France to Hungary.

GTA: Vice City is probably my favourite game of all time @Shesaidwhat? it's the only GTA I've ever bothered to complete 100%. The newer ones don't do anything for me. I didn't like GTA4 and wasn't fussed over GTA5 either. Haha @Switchstreetz I mentioned on the Off-Topic thread before that my parents let me play GTA2 on the PS1, I also have to assume they didn't know what it was and thought it was some sort of racing game.

Speaking of fever dream games, did anyone ever play Decap Attack on the Megadrive? You're a mummy and attack people by shooting your own face out of your torso. There were some wild things out there in the early days of consoles.
I played GTA2 on the PC when I was in primary school. My dad is a gamer and my parents were pretty lax on what we could play/watch. Saw way too many movies that I shouldn’t have been watching. I’m the complete opposite with my kids!

Reactions: 4
Far Cry 3 and 4 are great. The first two Far Crys are too glitchy to play on modern machines. One of them I made an effort to get into and the player character and NPCs would just start jumping up and down at random and I couldn't fix it so I gave up.

I've put nearly 200 hours into Stardew Valley as well, has anyone played since the major update? You can sit on chairs and put benches outside now! Incredible technology. And you can finally delete cots and the beds for children from the nursery if like me you are just platonic room-mates with Krobus and have no intention of having children.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I love stardew valley! Such a cute game that you can sink some many hours into. I’m thinking of getting it for Switch for the portability factor.

I put many hours into Fallout 4, that can be a really fun game especially with mods. Loved the Witcher 3 as well. But since playing red dead 2 for the first time last year I’ve barely played anything else.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Yesss what a thread!

First console I can recall was Sega Master System and my mum used to play Alex the kidd. Best night ever when my mum used to let me stay up late because she was close to completing master of shinobi 😂

Best games of all time for me:

Lion King on Sega mega drive
Zelda ocarina of time
Sonic 2 - tails always got in the way though
Tombi on ps1 (no one has ever bloody heard of it)
Skyrim

Excellent memories include:
Tomb raider 3 - shooting the butler and locking him in the fridge, and also playing 100 ways to kill lara croft

The sims - no neighbourhood is complete without a graveyard! Swimming to death or doorless room with many many fireworks were my methods of choice

Now I spend most of my time on skyrim or stardew Valley!!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Love this thread!! Currently loving Animal Crossing and Stardew Valley on Switch.

Does anyone remember Crazy Taxi on PS2? What a game!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Love this thread!!!

My all time favourite video game series is danganronpa
Danganronpa ♥ I discovered them in the original lockdown and got addicted!

Currently/always playing FFXIV because I have no life 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Danganronpa ♥ I discovered them in the original lockdown and got addicted!
Ahh that makes me so happy, I love speaking to people who’ve played it!! 💛 do you have a favourite game out of the series? ☺

I loved far cry 3! Agree that I definitely wouldn't play it if any kids are around though, that is NOT a game for the young uns! (I do wish more parents would pay attention to age ratings on games - you wouldn't let your 11 year old watch an 18 rated film without checking it yourself to see if appropriate, I think if you're buying a 16/18 rated game it doesn't hurt to look the game up on YouTube and read the warnings on the back of the box about content)

Does anyone remember Crazy Taxi on PS2? What a game!
Haha yes! You could drive into and under the sea and the passengers would just be like "wow your driving sucks! We're going the wrong way." Kicking your car as they get out and stomp off along the seabed in a huff 🤣 or when you crashed into other cars, knocked over several phoneboxes, deliberately took out a cafés entire outdoor seating area and nearly ran over 15 pedestrians in the process... but your fare gives you a tip anyway cause you got to the church quickly. What a game!

Did anyone else play burnout revenge? It was like a racing game but you were supposed to knock your opponents off the road/into oncoming traffic to make them crash?

ETA: I just realised this post makes me sound so aggressive, I did also play nice games like spyro the dragon it wasn't all murder and roadrage I promise 😄

• Haha
I think I must be older than you all 🤣🤣🤣 if and Fairlight Myst were my go to games.

I remember at school those who had the game boy were considered poor cousins of those who had the game gear, although now that seems madness.

Why did we think these things?

• Haha
Zelda and Pokemon Blue on my gameboy 😍
(still obsessed with Zelda now tbh)

Best games I’ve ever played was when I had the PlayStation

Rugrats - Search for Reptar
South Park - All I remember is lots of evil turkeys you had to kill with snowballs 😂
Doom
Pandemonium!
Broken Sword
Lara Croft Tomb Raider - Putting the old man in the fridge 🤣
Oddsworld

If I ever played a scary game I think it was called Silent Hill with the little girl, I had to turn my volume right the way down as either the music would scare me or the enemies jumping out.

Also used to like Bully on the Xbox 360

The original Sims was good on the PC but after awhile it would get boring as I had the cheat I think it was rosebud;; for never ending money so all the sims ended up with mansions.

SEGA I loved Mickey Mouse World of illusion

• Heart
Best games I’ve ever played was when I had the PlayStation

Rugrats - Search for Reptar
South Park - All I remember is lots of evil turkeys you had to kill with snowballs 😂
Doom
Pandemonium!
Broken Sword
Lara Croft Tomb Raider - Putting the old man in the fridge 🤣
Oddsworld

If I ever played a scary game I think it was called Silent Hill with the little girl, I had to turn my volume right the way down as either the music would scare me or the enemies jumping out.

Also used to like Bully on the Xbox 360

The original Sims was good on the PC but after awhile it would get boring as I had the cheat I think it was rosebud;; for never ending money so all the sims ended up with mansions.

SEGA I loved Mickey Mouse World of illusion
omg that Sims cheat just gave me nostalgia!! 💘

Love this! First games I remember are Shinobi and Mortal Kombat on my brother’s Sega Master System.

Loved Theme Hospital and Theme Park on the PC when I was a kid. Tried getting into Two Point Hospital when it came out but I rage-quit because it was too hard. Still play Rollercoaster Tycoon every now and then when I fancy it.

I’ve played The Sims since it’s release in 2000 and still I can quite easily spend all evening playing it and ignoring my family. Became addicted to Stardew Valley during lockdown. I prefer simulation sort of games. Anything with fighting stresses the hell out of me and I end up panic-shooting everything.
I always talk to people about Theme Hospital and no one ever remembers it! The random diseases like the guy with the big balloon head that you had to pop to cure 😅

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.