Video games

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh no that’s so disappointing! We have an external hard drive plugged in to our PS4 which I think backs up our saves, but if it doesn’t I’m going to ask the boyfriend to sort that now I’ve read this post.

Would you keep the achievements though since they’re linked to your online account? Not so clued up on how it works but I would think you’d be able to start a new game and use that it complete the 3% you have left, without having to replay the whole game. Appreciate some grafting might be involved to get the right kit/abilities etc and if it’s collecting things you’d need to start from scratch but all might not be lost!
Yes all my trophies and stuff will be saved because it’s linked to my PlayStation account which is all online. So that’s something at least! I have over 50% of the rdr2 trophies which is a lot by my standards. I’m not usually a trophy hunter. To get the 100% trophy on rdr2, I’ll need to finish the story and do everything on the checklist again, there’s no way to jump in and start from a certain point in the game unfortunately. Very arduous task!

Ive been doing some Googling and looks like this might keep happening because my PS4 hdd is degrading. To be fair mine has been used a lot over the years. So I’m definitely going to look into replacing that, apparently it’s quite simple and you can upgrade to an ssd (what the ps5 has) which would increase loading times and performance a little. Thought I’d share what I found just in case anyone else runs into the same issue with their ps4. Seems like it would be a lot cheaper than buying a whole new ps4. I really hope this is the issue with mine, I’m starting to get nervous every time I switch it on in case it decides to pull tit like this again😅

Reactions: 2
Yes all my trophies and stuff will be saved because it’s linked to my PlayStation account which is all online. So that’s something at least! I have over 50% of the rdr2 trophies which is a lot by my standards. I’m not usually a trophy hunter. To get the 100% trophy on rdr2, I’ll need to finish the story and do everything on the checklist again, there’s no way to jump in and start from a certain point in the game unfortunately. Very arduous task!

Ive been doing some Googling and looks like this might keep happening because my PS4 hdd is degrading. To be fair mine has been used a lot over the years. So I’m definitely going to look into replacing that, apparently it’s quite simple and you can upgrade to an ssd (what the ps5 has) which would increase loading times and performance a little. Thought I’d share what I found just in case anyone else runs into the same issue with their ps4. Seems like it would be a lot cheaper than buying a whole new ps4. I really hope this is the issue with mine, I’m starting to get nervous every time I switch it on in case it decides to pull tit like this again😅
Definitely get an SSD if you can. We watched a video on YouTube just the other day where they tested loading games from internal memory, HDD and SSD on both the PS4 and ps5 and it was really interesting. SSDs are great, we have one on our new pc and are probably going to get another just to hold games.

Reactions: 3
Interested to hear if people think there was ever a "golden age" for video games & if so when they think it was/is?

Pandemonium! On PS1. My ultimate fave game ever. Never managed to get to the end but it would keep my entertained for hours as a kid 🤣🤣

followed by the simpsons hit and run 🙉🙉

Reactions: 4
Pandemonium! On PS1. My ultimate fave game ever. Never managed to get to the end but it would keep my entertained for hours as a kid 🤣🤣

followed by the simpsons hit and run 🙉🙉
Oh pandemonium! I got some cheats from ps magazine. Impossible game without cheat codes 🤭

Definitely get an SSD if you can. We watched a video on YouTube just the other day where they tested loading games from internal memory, HDD and SSD on both the PS4 and ps5 and it was really interesting. SSDs are great, we have one on our new pc and are probably going to get another just to hold games.
I have just ordered a new ssd. Can’t wait for it to arrive now. Seems really easy to upgrade after watching a few videos.

Interested to hear if people think there was ever a "golden age" for video games & if so when they think it was/is?
I feel like the golden age is now. There are so many mind blowingly amazing games that have come out over the last few years that have really pushed the boundaries of what games are capable of. Graphics wise I really don’t know how much better they can get but I’m sure they will try.

Thinking about it, I feel every ‘generation’ of gaming is a golden age. There’s always something new to bring to the table as technology advances, there’s always games from each generation that are memorable, that set or raised the bar in some way.

Reactions: 4
That's a good question. Most of us would probably think of whichever generation was our first introduction to gaming purely because of the emotional connection, for me that would be mid-to-late 90s PC and PS1 games when 3D open world games were gaining in popularity. I think a lot of games (largely triple-A titles) now actually suffer from over-production. For example, the newer GTAs for me are nowhere near as fun as the earlier ones because they're too realistic and serious (and no I DO NOT want to go bowling, cousin).

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I downloaded a free digital copy of horizon zero dawn from the playstation store.(Had a physical copy but... Hey) Playing it through again. Continues to blow me away.

I downloaded a free digital copy of horizon zero dawn from the playstation store.(Had a physical copy but... Hey) Playing it through again. Continues to blow me away.
That's on my to play list! I was worried it might be a bit too "ubisoft open world design style" (you know, where the map is just filled with filler like climbing towers) but it's got lots of praise so will deffo pick it up next time it's on sale

How did you get it for free, if you don't mind me asking? Is it a ps plus free game?

All time favourites-

• Spyro the dragon (original 3 & reignited trilogy)
• Jak & Daxter the Precursor Legacy
• Skyrim
• Red Dead Redemption 2

I got so invested in RDR2 storyline!
Skyrim is just amazing to explore on.
Spyro is a childhood favourite & same for Jak & Daxter.

Currently playing Witcher 3 and doing a playthrough of Red Dead 2 :LOL:

• Heart
Reactions: 7
My PS4 is performing like new since I upgraded the hard drive, I didn’t realise how slow and unresponsive it had become, definitely worth it. It loads faster, things install faster, the ui reacts quicker rather than lagging a second or two behind, it doesn’t freeze, it hasn’t had a single error yet (early days granted). Perfect! Back on my quest for 100% completion of rdr2. Currently sitting at 60% and not even finished the story yet.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
All time favourites-

• Spyro the dragon (original 3 & reignited trilogy)
• Jak & Daxter the Precursor Legacy
• Skyrim
• Red Dead Redemption 2

I got so invested in RDR2 storyline!
Skyrim is just amazing to explore on.
Spyro is a childhood favourite & same for Jak & Daxter.

Currently playing Witcher 3 and doing a playthrough of Red Dead 2 :LOL:
I've been playing rdr2 on and off since 2018 and still haven't finished it - I keep getting distracted by the fishing minigame or dominoes or just helping out at the camp and going for horse rides 😂 it truly is a technological marvel though, I'm always finding new things that make me go "wow I can't believe they thought of this!" I'm still constantly amazed by it 2.5 years later. And the graphics! I know they're not everything but the game is so beautiful, it can genuinely take your breath away sometimes (I love the random thunderstorms).

Everyone who helped put that game together deserves a 🏅

And you can blow up a group of KKK members with dynamite. 10/10

Reactions: 7
I am more of an old school gamer..I find the motion in modern platform games makes me feel sick!

I own - An original working C64
C64 Maxi
Master system 2
Mega drive 2
PS2
Wii
PC
Evercade

Does anyone remember Parapper the rapper? Gives me the rage!

I loved The Sims but only the original version..i was disappointed in the follow ups as they were very slow and more complex..

I've been playing rdr2 on and off since 2018 and still haven't finished it - I keep getting distracted by the fishing minigame or dominoes or just helping out at the camp and going for horse rides 😂 it truly is a technological marvel though, I'm always finding new things that make me go "wow I can't believe they thought of this!" I'm still constantly amazed by it 2.5 years later. And the graphics! I know they're not everything but the game is so beautiful, it can genuinely take your breath away sometimes (I love the random thunderstorms).

Everyone who helped put that game together deserves a 🏅

And you can blow up a group of KKK members with dynamite. 10/10
Hahaha the KKK thing is amazing! You're right there is so much to see and interact with on RDR2.

I was doing the opening mission the other night & was so blown away with how realistic the horse footprints looked in the snow!

I really root for some of characters in the game too, I get soooo invested. Hosea is one of my favourites :giggle:

The fishing is fun too, hurts your bloody thumbs after a while though!

I don't think I'll ever tire of playing it tbh!!

• Heart
Hahaha the KKK thing is amazing! You're right there is so much to see and interact with on RDR2.

I was doing the opening mission the other night & was so blown away with how realistic the horse footprints looked in the snow!

I really root for some of characters in the game too, I get soooo invested. Hosea is one of my favourites :giggle:

The fishing is fun too, hurts your bloody thumbs after a while though!

I don't think I'll ever tire of playing it tbh!!
Hosea ❤❤❤ I loved all the gang apart from Micah. But my favs have to be Hosea, Lenny, Sean, Karen, Tilly, Charles and I even grew to love Uncle after a while.

Special mention for Rains Fall as well, god that part of the story broke my heart, Rains Fall was such a pure soul. The acting/motion capture in this game is incredible, I got attached to way to many characters.

I hated the fishing until I went into the settings and changed it so I just have to hold down square instead of using the stick. Total game changer.

I adore this game, I always end up coming back to it. My beloved fallout 4 and Witcher 3 haven’t had a look in since I got it last year. Such a tragic, amazing, deep and emotional story.

Last edited:
  • Heart
I have RDR2. Been hesitant to start it in case I hated it but sounds like I will love it.

As a die hard Ressie Evil fan I picked up RE8 today so I will play RDR2 after that. Exciting times ahead!

Hosea ❤❤❤ I loved all the gang apart from Micah. But my favs have to be Hosea, Lenny, Sean, Karen, Tilly, Charles and I even grew to love Uncle after a while.

Special mention for Rains Fall as well, god that part of the story broke my heart, Rains Fall was such a pure soul. The acting/motion capture in this game is incredible, I got attached to way to many characters.

I hated the fishing until I went into the settings and changed it so I just have to hold down square instead of using the stick. Total game changer.

I adore this game, I always end up coming back to it. My beloved fallout 4 and Witcher 3 haven’t had a look in since I got it last year. Such a tragic, amazing, deep and emotional story.
Oh man Fallout 4! How did I forget that one!?

Rains Fall was a brilliant character in RDR2. I also liked Hamish Sinclair, you meet him near O'creagh's Run. Not a huge character in terms of screen time but he teaches you a lot.

Oh wow I didnt know you could change the button configuration for fishing. I wish I'd have known that at the time, my thumbs got cramps from getting all those Legandary fish! :ROFLMAO: 🐟

I have RDR2. Been hesitant to start it in case I hated it but sounds like I will love it.

As a die hard Ressie Evil fan I picked up RE8 today so I will play RDR2 after that. Exciting times ahead!
Start it, you won't regret it!

Last edited:
  • Heart

Yel

RDR2 I was going to buy on stadia today but the sale brining it down to £35 seems to have ended 😔. £55 seems a bit too high to buy for a system that will probably disappear next year.

What I played of it before it was good, but the epilogue really didn't draw me in like GTA5 and hunting, then skinning, then bbq'ing rabbits isn't my thing either 😆

What I would say is it's a very slow paced game and the mood is quite bleak (I can't believe it's from the same studio as GTA5 tbh) there will be fun hijinks and heists and such but they're like a vodka shot on the side rather than the main drink.

There's a lot of conversation, side activities, tragedy and reflecting to yourself on the tit that just happened in the previous mission while you're travelling across the map to somewhere else. The character writing is pretty good and I've gotten attached to the main character and most of the rest of the gang, but it's also very good at making you hate certain people (or like them as a person while still knowing they're absolutely no good for the main character and not trusting them at all).

Oh and there is a lot of hunting/animals dying in the game so be aware of that if it would be too upsetting - hunting is a side activity and I think a few main missions involve it. The horses are great though, I don't even like horses that much in real life but I would die for my horse in RDR2 (he's a black Arabian horse I think), sometimes I just pat/brush and feed them for like a few minutes at a time 😂

I'm still gutted you can pet the dogs but you can't keep one as a pet

I'm so excited for mass effect legendary edition next week 😁

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.